Dr. Linda Speck MD Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

December 15th, 2014
Very condescending. She did not answer questions well. She would take phone calls during our session. Felt that her treatment was not in the best interest of my child

March 26th, 2014
Rude..unprofessional..
Took my 14 year old daughter there for depression and anxiety. My ex took her to the initial visit and Speck prescribed Zoloft. I asked her to call me personally to cover all side affects and concerns. She NEVER called me. At the follow up appointment which was 2 weeks later I addressed this concern about her lack of professionalism in prescribing something to my child and not even calling me. She said she was too busy with 2 other suicidal children. Funny...that is why we were there. She started the session late..never apologized and answered 2 cell calls while we were in session. When my daughter tried to tell her how she was feeling from the medication (which Dr Speck asked) the Dr then replied that she was not there to give her therapy. If you or a loved one needs help..please..find another QUALIFIED and COMPASSIONATE professional.

August 5th, 2013
Completely wrong
I was first put on anti depressants because I suffered from anxiety. I had willingly taken them until I had reached the maximum dosage level. I had mentioned that I should stop taking this drug because it was actually making things worse for me rather than helping. Dr. Speck then suggested that since I had reached the maximum dosage for the anti depressants, and I still wasn't "happy" she would perscribe me some dopamine pills. She said they will make me "happier". I have done my research, and quickly realized how damaging dopamine can be to someone without Parkinson's disease! Taking dopamine when one doesn't need it can desensitize the dopamine receptors in the brain and cause a lot of damage. This experience shows why I never came back to her office again.

August 1st, 2012
Very Rude. Insulted my job, social class, and schooling. Told me my car budget was "too low" and I couldn't get a quality used car with that price. I'm currently a student. All I wanted was a written prescription. I didn't pay for an analysis of my finances. I couldn't believe how unprofessional she made herself look.

June 11th, 2012