Dr. Linda Thomas-Hemak MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 28th, 2014
A mixed review
I will start my review by saying I love Dr. Thomas as an individual and started treating with her many years ago. I believe she is a great doctor, but dealing with her office staff is difficult. While a residency program is a great idea, it stinks to see a resident in training when all I want to do is see the doctor for my regular check up and get on with life. I feel like I spend a lifetime in the office because I wait to get checked by the nurse, then wait to get the resident in to see me, then I wait to see Dr. Thomas. I wish I could see just the doctor every other visit without seeing a resident first. Then I get phone calls out of the blue from a nurse telling me to get blood work or telling me the results of testing that took place weeks ago and I already have the results. Getting a timely appointment is ridiculous and the staff returns calls about half of the time. Lastly, while I think the residents are intellectually brillant and I am glad they come here to get educated, it is very difficult to understand their heavily accented English. It is not good patient care when the patient cannot understand what the doctor is saying.

January 19th, 2012
Not the office I remember....
I have always seen the PA, Nancy for the most part. I had recieved great care from both Nancy and Dr. Thomas prior to this year, however, the service has gone way downhill. I had an appointment becasue I believed I had a common illness. I waited 25 minutes before I was seen by someone who they were training who advises me that there is nothing wrong with me. I asked to see a real doctor because I knew darn well there was something wrong with me. Low and behold the minute the doc walked through the door, she saw a culture sitting on the table that was positive. That visit was beyond a nightmare and lasted for over 1 hour. Today, I called to speak to someone about getting in asap because I need to have paperwork filled out. I requested Nancy because she knows my backgroud. After twenty minutes of navigating the answering service I reached an actual real person who tells me that I have to call back and make another selection because she can't transfer my call. No thanks! After continual complaints by numerous patients, Dr. Thomas needs to realize that we are not interested in speaking to an automated attendent.

January 12th, 2012
If I relied on the emergency room at the CMC I wouldn't be writing this now. Not even ten minutes in the office my problem was found and I was sent to the Mercy where after about a week of constant care I'm now still here and able to Thank God for Dr. Thomas and those that work with her at the Wright Center in Jermyn.

November 16th, 2011
Stay Away
One of the worse practicing facilities around. Can't really diagnose a prblem and can never get to talk to someone, it's all voice mail. The office staff is very ignorant and unknowledgeable. The office itself is filthy dirty. How they are still able to practice is beyond me.

June 28th, 2011
Very poorly organized office. I had to wait for over 2 hours to see the doctor. She has many other trainees with her who saw me first and really taxed my patience. Also she seems to order a lot of needless tests and shots and I got the feeling that she is not sure about her diagnosis and treatment.I will not reccommend her to anyone.

June 18th, 2010
Dr. Thomas is a good doctor... but..
Our family went to Dr. Thomas for several years on the recommendation of a friend when we moved here. She seemed to be a fine doctor and we never had any complaints out her (it must be noted however that our family is exceptionally healthy and everything was just routine care). However, we just found that the office organization was not good and appointments were not readily available in a timely fashion. The other thing that just drove us nuts was that it seemed that every time we called we got the "answering service" - which was just useless. We now just go to the local Redi Care and just LOVE getting seen almost right away - without an appointment! This review was prompted by the fact that I needed my medical records and, once again, it is incredibly difficult to get anything out of that office!!!!

January 2nd, 2009
Dr. Thomas is without a doubt the most caring, thorough, thoughtful professional heathcare provider I have ever met!! She truly goes above and beyond. Her staff is excellent, as well.

February 18th, 2017