Dr. Lionel Handler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

November 24th, 2016
Excellent service
Have been seeing Dr Handler for two years on routine dermetalogy matters and his services were always friendly, professional and outstanding. My recent visit came wo prior appt, sort of an emergency. Waiting time was circa 5min and semi-surgical procedure about the same. All throughout this appt EVERYONE was extremely professional and friendly, and painless. Highly recommend the physician and his office staff!!

June 24th, 2011
Office staff are terrible, very unprofessional and unorganized, I believe my HIPAA rights were violated when staff called from front window to inquire about insurance info and disclosed my name, insurance id number and birthdate three times for all in the office to hear. Took them over an hour to get referral info straight after it had been faxed to them twice, when it could have taken a minute to log into insurance website and verify. On next appt doctor wanted to charge outrages amount for procedure that would have taken 30 seconds. Was told price would be the same if he was doing whole face or just 2 very small spots for broken blood vessel in face. Out for the money that is for sure. Very disappointed have had nothing but problems with this office from the start, even with billing and that for my husband as well, which after 6 mos of fighting ended up being there fault after requesting records and finding the mistake myself , they wrote off right away. If I hadn't found this mistake in their records they would have continued to send me collections and tried to make me responsible even though I paid everything as I was supposed too. Just got back from last appt as you can probably tell. Will definitely try anoer doctor, my family of 7 is done here.

June 8th, 2011
THANKS FOR TAKING A CHANCE TO IMPROVE MY LIFE
Dr.Handler is simply the kindest, passionate and most professional Doctor that I have had the pleasure to be treated by. Dr.Handler along with his

May 2nd, 2011
Aweful experience. He was more interested in talking to me about botox and injections than my true concern which was skin cancer. I pointed out a spot that I was concerned about and he actually debated it with me and finally did a test on it at my insistance and it turned out to be the beginning of skin cancer. I switched to another doctor in the practice for the procedure because I didn't want to deal with him again. If you have a ton of money to spend and are going to get your face shot full of stuff, he might be worth it, but he wasn't the right fit for me and my needs.

January 22nd, 2011
I saw Dr. Handler on several occasions and liked his bedside manner. He was very thorough and knowledgeable and took care of my problems quickly and painlessly. I would definitely recommend him!