Family Physicians

15611 Pomerado Rd
Ste 400
Poway, CA 92064
858-675-3100
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  show details
by Darlene B. on Mar 1st, 2013

I went to urgent care as it assured I would be seen by an MD & lab wk done- which was all I needed. ER costs me far more & the only added benefit is if I needed imaging studies which I knew I did not. I have a very rare disease of the immune system & rely on doctors taking it seriously. Most have never heard of it & will brush me off in their ignorance. Dr. Xavier did not & immediately made certain I got all of the care I needed. He accurately Dx'ed me, ordered all needed IV meds & kept me long enough to make sure I would be ok & come each day thereafter for care until my infection was cleared. I highly recommend him for not being too arrogant to treat when I presented with a new scenario & for giving me more than I anticipated. I did not have to explain my whole disease process- he was more than knowledgable.

|  Not surprised he's from Kaiser  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2013

Was seen by Lionel in urgent care for flu symptoms and excruciating sore throat. Had been running a fever of 100-101 the last two nights, shivering, sweating through my sheets, headache, cough, achy, congestion. All if which didn't take me to urgent care as I've only been one other time in my life and consider my pain tolerance high. Swallowing had become almost impossible and prevented me from getting any sleep. I had started a new job Monday and only gave in Wednesday afternoon to go to urgent care. After the typical 2hr wait, I was told my strep test was negative (although when the nurse did her swab I didn't feel it touching my throat), and was told I didn't have the flu. Was told I should take the prescribed Vicodin at night and "suck it up" during the day. REALLY??? Would I have been in urgent care during my first week at a new job if I could be sucking it up??? And OBTW, I checked my throat before going in and it was clearly bright red/inflamed with red spots, yet Lionel Said it looked normal. Like I said, not surprised he has experience from kaiser where they won't treat you unless you've stopped breathing practically. Avoid this guy at all costs.