Dr. Lisa Anderson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lisa Anderson?

January 12th, 2017

I love my doctor I am very fortunate to have gotten in with her before she quit accepting new patients

December 10th, 2015

She's just terrific!

April 14th, 2012

Incompetent

I started seeing Dr. Anderson around 7 years ago. At the time, I was taking Prilosec for acid reflux. I still had some mild symptoms with it and I talked with her about Nexium. I had seen it being advertised on the television. Dr. Andersen put me on 40 mg a day. I have been on it for 7 years. Finally, a family member said that I needed to get an enscope done, because something seemed off. I had the scope done and they found a large hiatial hernia. For the pass 3 years, I was always calling for medication due to respiratory problems. Dr. Anderson even referred me for a sleep study. I called the manufacture of Nexium and they told me that the drug should not be used longer than 6 months. Dr. Anderson had no knowledge of the recommended duration, but still prescribed it anyway. In 7 years, she never changed my dosage or tried another medication. I cannot say if the Nexium played a factor, because there limited long term studies. One risk is bone factures and this runs in my family as we age. Due to an accident when I was a teenager, I already had a hip and knee replacement. The issue with this doctor is that she prescribes medicine and does not watch the patient. She never talked to me about changing my eating habits, seeing a nutritionist or helping me with a weight loss plane. While under her care, I gained 30 pounds.(A possible side affect of Nexium.) There are much better doctors who are competent, have through notes and does not act like a drug dealer. I have a new doctor that takes a holistic approach. We all need a doctor that cares about us and are not lazy or have poor diagnostic skills. I also learned to be proactive in my health care and check every medication that is prescribed before I start taking it.

August 12th, 2017