Dr. Lisa Barr MD Patient Reviews

3.2

September 22nd, 2016
Testimonial
I have been working with Dr. Barr to manage my back, gluteus and hip pain for many years now. Her approach to my issues has always been wholistic. She purposefully seeks the cause, versus the symptoms of my pain. Treatments she has provide have always helped reduce the pain I have experienced. During this past year, her approach has become even more functional. She has recommended a DNA analysis, vitamin D therapy, sessions with a nutritionist, an exercise regimen, and appointments to see an endocrinologist. This has resulted in a rejuvenation of my mind, body and spirit. I have, and will continue, to highly recommend Dr. Barr to friends and family. Thank you for all you do!

August 11th, 2015
Healthcare Professional
Unprofessional physicians and staff. Get rid of the Physician Assistants and do your job.

June 3rd, 2015
go to a chiropractor, or the Emergency room. this isn't the place.
What a crock of mudpie. I remember going to see doctor Barr ten years ago and her not being a raging cat. Her PA ordered tests done on the wrong body part, i was called a drug addict for expecting my pain management doctor to treat my pain, i was treated like crap and in three visits i've spent more time walking from my car to the front door than i have with a doctor in front of me. They obviously do not care. This is not the same place it used to be and I'm sorry i ever gave any money to this bunch of crooks. almost a month since my first visit and i've been given a script for a nerve block. no muscle relaxers, no PT(i was given one to her PT but when i learned it was not covered by insurance i asked for one to somewhere else. This was 2 weeks ago. was told PT was not important.

December 26th, 2014
health care worker
Dr. Binder Barr is not "the brightest bulb in the bunch," that is for sure. A graduate of VA Tech, she barely got acceptance to medical school. I would certainly encourage potential patients to seek out a better doctor for work-related injuries. Dr. Binder Barr's attitude is one of arrogance and uncertainty.

May 14th, 2014
Prospective Patient
I was given this physician's name by another physician and was told to call to make an appointment for pain management. The person that answered the phone, Lisa, was very curt and refused to make an appointment. She stated that the only way an appointment could be made was with a formal referral directly from the referring physician. She (stating herself) must review the records to see if I qualified for treatment. I want to be treated by the doctor; not the receptionist.

February 27th, 2014
Unacceptable
My Mom has been going to APM Spine and Sports Physicians seeing Dr Lisa Barr for terrible hip pain. Nothing has worked - they have tried blocks and epidurals and the like. This past week she asked for a refill on her pain medication. A prescription that she has had for two months..She was denied- I get it- they have to be careful- BUT the person that spoke to her basically admonished her for asking for more and insinuated that my Mother had a problem. WHAAAAAT???? ANYONE that knows my mother- KNOWS that she is not a drug addict. They were disrespectful and made her feel like a common criminal. So if you need a pain specialist, DO NOT GO HERE! They TRULY don't care about their patients and they have NO bedside manner.......

July 10th, 2012
keep looking...
This doctor was chosen by my Worker Comp case manager. I know why, she will do exactly what the insurance company wants her to, deny and delay your treatment. If your not deppressed then your simply lying about your pain! She is non-proffessional,self confident,and uses foul language during your office visit! She will even call your other doctors to explain to them that you are not "really" experiencing your symptoms... then she will send you to a Psychologist, if that doesn't prove your crazy then she will just say your fine... What a waste of time! My new doctor diagnosed and treated me in my FIRST visit!

October 10th, 2011
Very attentative & knowledgeable. Listensto my complaints & investigates the cause& just doesn't prescribe a medicine. She orders appropriate xrays/testing & views them herself (if done locally). I would definately recommend her. It is worth the wait because she is going to take the time needed with each person, which is why she often runs behind.

February 2nd, 2011
An Excellent and Highly Knowledgeable Doctor
Dr Barr not only successfully treated me for some severe spinal and shoulder injuries but also diagnosed and treated me for some aspects of metabolic syndrome and a need for hormone replacement therapy. I highly recommend her.

January 18th, 2011
Dr. Barr is the only health care professional who has been able to greatly reduce my pain. She took the time to explore and explain the issues, and seems genuinely interested in helping.

January 27th, 2010
Not very professional set-up for epidural steroid injection - rather casual manner, very little care after procedure; very different experience that another pain mgmt dr. in the area