Dr. Lisa Braverman MD Patient Reviews

October 11th, 2015
Very caring doctor!

January 31st, 2014
Not Qualified
This office is the worst and I am in the process of finding a new doctor. They have lost my voluminous medical records, failed to give me a timely referral after coming home from the hospital, misdiagnosed me and to add insult to injury, their front office staff lacks any customer service orientation. You dont get greeted while you see her carrying on personal conversations. I now have to drive 8 hours to get to a former doctor for quick treatment because this doctor wants me to wait 2 weeks for an appointment, although my symptoms are identical to ones that had me hospitalized for 3 weeks.

January 3rd, 2014
Each time I have been to the office the average wait time has been between 1 hr and 2 hrs. Yes! 2 hrs. Dr. Braverman has spent no more than 5 minutes in the examining room with me. I have seen as many as 3 patients scheduled for the same time as mine. I don't feel that I would recommend her to any of my friends. I

October 22nd, 2013
Dr. Braverman herself is a good doctor and seems to be a good and caring person. For her own good, she should completely start over with her office staff and practices. I have been a patient for about 5 years and there has never been a time when I have been there without an unreasonable wait. Patients can understand that this happens on occasion, but there it is the norm. Even with a physical scheduled one year in advance and the first morning appointment, this occurs. The front office is terribly unwelcoming and cool to patients and you feel like they are doing you a favor by even acknowledging you. As far as staff, with the exception of the sweet lady who draws blood, I have never felt welcome there. And getting back to you on test results is almost unheard of, and so you have to bother them and just pray someone will respond eventually. If you call there at lunchtime, a message tells you they are closed with no phones available for 1-1/2 hours each day. Can they not even have the ability for you to leave a message during that time period? The burden falls on you to have to call back after their lunch. What other business can do this and even STAY in business at all? My husband and I are both professional people and I can tell you that if we treated clients this way, we would have none. Why is this doctors office "above" that standard? I would follow Dr. Braverman elsewhere if she had an overhaul with her staff and the manner in which her office is run, but I don't think that will happen, sadly.

August 13th, 2013
Where was the doctor
I should have done my homework. I had an appt. yesterday (new patient) and the doctor was on vacation. This appointment was a meet and greet the doctor. I waited 8 weeks to get in. Is it not common courtesy to call the patient and let them know that the doctor is on vacation and give them an option to reschedule? I suppose Dr. Braverman doesn't care how she makes her money as the office staff took my co-pay. When I take the time to make an appt. I want to see a doctor, not a nurse, a doctor. I'll scrutinize my insurance company bill to be sure it was not billed as a new patient seeing the doctor. I'll certainly let the insurance company know that there was no doctor there to see me. I will not be going back.

August 13th, 2013
My sister and I needed a new doctor so a friend recommended Dr. Lisa Braverman in Gahanna, Ohio. I called to schedule appointments and the office said the first available appt. was 8 weeks out. When we showed up for our appointments, we ended up seeing a nurse practitioner instead of Dr. Braverman. It took 8 weeks to see a nurse? I was very specific when I made the appointments that the appointments were to meet the doctor. The receptionist told me we would have an opportunity to meet with Dr. Braverman at the end of the appointment. After the nurse left the room, she closed the door behind her and I assumed Dr. Braverman would be coming into the room. I must have waited 10-15 minutes when the door opened and the nurse says "you're done". I said I have not seen Dr. Braverman yet and she said, she's on vacation. Also, my sister had an appt. with Dr. Braverman to discuss an issue she's had for several months. The nurse says I can give you something for that. My sister said well, that's okay, I would like to discuss it with Dr. Braverman. Not once did the nurse say to my sister that Dr. Braverman was not in the office. Then on her chart, they couldn't even get her height right. They showed her 4 inches shorter than she actually is. Also, our appointments were at 1:30 and 2:00 - plan on at least 90 minutes for each appointment. It was at least an hour wait and the two of us were the only patients in the office. The staff was not friendly at all telling each other that it wasn't their job. Also, they would not let us book back-to-back appts. for physicals. They said they had to have at least an hour wait between appointments. Why???? It's not like they are only getting paid for one. The whole point of the office visit was to meet the doctor to see if it was going to be a good fit. We did not care for the office and how they ran it.

July 22nd, 2013
For my first appointment, which was a physical, my appointment was at 9:15 and I finally saw the doctor at 11:10!!! The majority of the waiting was in the exam room. Granted there was some time needed for the medical assistants to draw blood and do an ekg, but that amount of time is not acceptable in my opinion. I don't think I will be going back.

June 10th, 2013
Finally Giving Up
I've been a patient of Dr. B.'s for over a decade, because with my complicated health issues, I felt it was worth the wait to see her. But I have been waiting on test results for 4 weeks now, calling the office twice a week, with no reply. For me, this is the final straw.

September 13th, 2012
Find another Doctor!
Me and my family have been patients of Dr. Braverman's for years...I finally dedicated the time to find a new health care provider for my family and I cant tell you how upset I am with myself for not leaving Columbus East Internal Medicine sooner. Here are the things you should expect as a patient of Dr.Braverman's:Difficulty scheduling an appointmentThe MOST unprofessional staff!Dirty restroomsOver filled garbagesRidiculous wait times- I would budget 90 minutes for each appointment at least. Un-thoughtful dialogueQuick diagnosis that usually ended with a script being written no matter whatDid I mention an unprofessional staff that will include:oBeing treated as if you are disrupting their dayoHave them roll their eyes at youoDeflecting responsibility- an example the last time I was in the restroom was UNACCEPTABLY dirty with over flowing garbage. I told the receptionist and she told me that wasn;t her job and to find a nurse to telloDressed in cutoff jeans oNot wearing gloves or washing their hands before they take your temperature, do throat cultures and other related routine examination tasksoTaking days to return phone messages and even longer refilling prescriptionsI would seriously think twice before scheduling an appointment with Dr. Braverman or anyone in her office.Best of luck.

May 11th, 2011
Great doctor, terrible office management
Dr. Braverman is an excellent doctor but the staff is terrible and the logistics of getting an appointment, wait times, etc, are awful. I had pneumonia and my wife called to try to get me in. The voice on the answering machine told her they would get back to her after 2:00, otherwise go to an emergency room. My friends and relatives always get in to see their doctors with such a serious illness. The final straw for me was when they were going to charge an outrageous amount of money to fill out FMLA papers. Dr. Braverman herself is an excellent, caring doctor. But why she allows such oor office management is beyond me. The wait times I could tolerate because she does spend alot of time with her patients.

April 18th, 2011
Too long to wait, RUDE staff
I agree with a previous review that Dr. Braverman is a good doctor and a nice person. However, we will not return to her practice. I have never waited under an hour for a scheduled appointment which is unacceptable. The office staff is rude, rude, RUDE! I think the main girl's name is Heather. It is clear that she couldn't care less about your schedule or your scheduling concerns. I have never dealt with such an indifferent, cold and rude office employee in my life! As mentioned earlier, we will not return to this office.

April 18th, 2011
I was a new patient, which meant that they would only accommodate in the middle of the day. Apparently, morning and afternoon appointments are reserved for existing patients. I came in during my lunch hour from work, they had me wait 1.5 hours and when I told them that I had to leave, they finally ushered me into an exam room. Dr. Braverman then came in and told me that she had just been called to an emergency and would have to leave but if I had any "really quick" questions, she would answer them. I requested a specific test to be done for a condition that I was concerned about. A nurse came in a took blood and I left. They will not call you with test results. I called them and they told me that if no one called, they must have been fine. I still don't know what those test results were, as they were exceptionally rude, dismissive and refused to actually check, just to put my mind at ease. For this service, they billed my insurance $300 plus the cost of the blood test. Outrageous - I will never return to an office so poorly managed and uncaring as this one.