Dr. Lisa Bunin MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Allentown, PA

April 19th, 2017
Waited for over an hour for filler. She came in, told me how great she is and how she is the best in the valley. We decided on a filler and I waited and waited and waited. I should have walked out and I will never go back. Tried to talk me into a surgical procedure, tried to make me come back for an eye care appointment, even though I told her 3x that I am happy with my current eye doc. I felt like she didn't care about me just how much money she could make off me. Treated her staff horribly right in front of me. Charged me for photos???

February 5th, 2017
Horrid experience
Over diagnosed and over scheduled. In it for the money. Get a second opinion, I did and I don't have half of what she said I did.

January 5th, 2017
Best eye surgeon in the LV. I would never trust anyone else with my eyes. Recently had cataract surgery best surgergy I ever had done. Now I have 20/20 vision...no more glasses I can see the instructor at the gym and the glare & halos are gone I can see clearly when I'm driving at night. Thanks Dr. Bunin!

December 29th, 2016
awful
Money is all she cares about. This doctor will diagnose just to be able to run tests and take pictures. She will try and talk you into her expensive cataract surgery, if you go somewhere else, there is little out of pocket cost. You will be there numerous times a year for visits, testing and evaluations. If you are there for filler, you will wait a long time. She is over scheduled. Treats staff horribly.

December 25th, 2016
Great patient experience. Dr Lisa gives first rate care; far beyond what I've experienced elsewhere. Thank you for the extra effort by the entire staff.

December 7th, 2016
Over all bad experience. Wrongly told I had glaucoma. Was told I needed cataract surgery asap, which I know is an elective surgery. Tried charging me over and above what insurance would pay. Now have new eye doc and am glad I do.

October 27th, 2016
Worst
I would not recommend this person to anyone. Diagnosed with eye diseases that I don't have and charged for testing that was not needed. So rude and nasty to staff, right in front of me!

September 24th, 2016
I went in for a simple problem. She tried talking me into buying expensive skin care and was pushing eyelid surgery on me! The appointment was for a simple bump on my lid. Next thing I know, she is taking pictures (charging me $50), dilating my eyes to do an entire eye exam (which I didn't ask for), taking unnecessary scans and trying to fit me for eyeglasses (my vision is 20/20). Tries to tell me that I may have glaucoma and definitely have cataracts. Wanted to schedule me for some tests and then I have to come back again for results (telephone??) Are you freaking kidding me? I promptly cancelled all upcoming appointments. Nothing was explained to me and everything she did was rushed (over scheduled?). I agree with some of the other reviews..........in it for the money.

September 15th, 2016
I will never go back to her office again. First visit was for a simple problem which she misdiagnosed. Dilated my eyes to up her fee. Took unnecessary photos and then charged me $50. Did numerous unnecessary diagnostic tests. Try talking me into spending $1000 for eyelid surgery that I don't want or need. Treats her staff as if they were second-class citizens. Stay away do not go here

August 27th, 2016
Horrible Doctor. Tried to push me into expensive cataract surgery. Tried telling me the cost would fix my astigmatism. I don't have an astigmatism!! Then tried telling me I have glaucoma and put me on expensive drops. Went for second opinion guess what. No glaucoma! This doctor is in it for the money

August 20th, 2016
awful
Worst doctor ever. diagnosed with glaucoma after too many tests. wanted me to sched appointments 4 times ayear with her and 2 times a year for tests also eye plus every 3 months. not allowed on generic medication, only brand name (which i cant afford) go for second opinion! 2nd doc i saw--no glaucoma. she is in it for the money

July 10th, 2016
Changed to a Different Doctor
In the beginning, I felt confident and grateful to see Dr. Bunin. Red flags started coming up that I did not expect. Spam cosmetic calls from other people that I was referred by Dr. Bunin. I was also diagnosed with Glaucoma, which I do not have based on a second opinion. I was there every 6 months for an exam or testing, for a few years. Reason's I left: Staff in the front office started becoming rude. A reaction to medication was not documented in my chart. They would not call my prescription insurance company to request approval for a different type of medication. I ended up paying for my medication out of pocket.