Internists
1751 E Gardner Way
Suite E
Wasilla, AK 99654
907-376-1633
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Former Patient  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2014

When first going to Dr. Cooney things went well. Didn't take long till you had to see assistant, not the doctor. Doctor kept trying to repeat tests. Office personnel is awful, total lack of communication. After a month I gave up on getting answers I presented in writing. Billing is a nightmare. You do not know what a visit cost till months later when the bill comes and many times things are double billed. When I was able to get into the doctor I felt rushed and concerns not addressed. If you need meds better make sure it is one of the expensive ones she pushes or you just get a shrug and headshake no. Dr. Cooney is no longer the caring doctor I first saw. Avoid.

|  patient  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2014

I was a patient of her practice. Never was able to see her always pushed on to a PA. Lets her Clerical staff do all the ordering of test and meds and they make the decisions on what you need. Loses test and doesn't tell you, no follow up on results and office makes you feel like you are a not worth her time. She may have been a excellent doctor in the pass but I think she has turn her practice over to her clerical staff and is there in name only.

|  Bad hospital stay  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2014

Hospital took very good care of me, Doctor sent me home in a lot of pain and I was told to just go see your own doctor, I felt like I was being pushed out, and as far as aftercare by the doctor (NONE.) She didn't even talk to me about being sent home in the condition I was in. Doctor did not even talk to me about

|  Exceptional Patient Care  |  show details
by Tom Hough on Apr 16th, 2013

I was first introduced to Dr. Cooney when she cared for my wife at Mat-Su Regional Medical Center in 2007. My wife was in end-stage renal failure with other medical problems and quickly passed away, but the compassionate, forthright manner in which Dr. Cooney spoke with me about treatment options and the reality of the situation was sincere and accurate. I have expererience in the medical field and can unequivocally recommend Dr. Cooney to others as a talented, informed, compassionate physician who truly takes your views and concerns into consideration and gives great advice. I asked her to become my personal physician and have recommended her to other loved ones. I have been very satisfied whith her care.

Oct 6th, 2012

Office is outdated but great doctor and staff

Aug 20th, 2012

Dr. Cooney is the best Dr. I have ever went to. She takes all the time needed, never rush's me thru. She has guided me to the best specialists if it is something she doesn't take care of. I have total trust in her and would highly recommend her to anyone. Best Dr. in the Valley.

Apr 30th, 2012

Intelligent and knowledgeable, able to understand complex medical problems. Also understanding of patient concerns.

|  Very intelligent and caring doctor  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

She is right on with her diagnoses and gives excellant guidance.

Jun 8th, 2010

This doctor is amazing. Really the best doctor in the state I believe. I don't know how she keeps all that knowledge in her head but she does. Her discernment, wisdom and bedside manner are incredible.

by Michelle on Oct 16th, 2009

One of the most caring and knowledgable doctors I have ever encountered! I would recommend Dr. Cooney to everyone. She is the first doctor I have ever known to spend that much time with a patient. She never gives you that "I'm rushed" look. She remembers you and recalls details like I've never seen.