Dr. Lisa Cousineau DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 14th, 2016
In the beginning when I started seeing Dr. Cousineau approximately 20 years ago, she was great. Cared what her patients had to say, listened, and took her time with them. I will say during my three pregnancies she was also great. However, more recently she has become bothered by typical appointments, pawns them off on the nurse practitioner, instead of seeing established patients she has been seeing for 20 years. The staff are horrible. I had a 30 dollar balance, which is common when you see a dr once a year. They refused to reschedule my appointment or call in birth control pills until balance was paid in full. I decided to take my business somewhere else. Their bedside manner is awful and they treat you like you are trash and don't deserve to be a patient in their office.

July 7th, 2016
Dr. Cousineau has zero bedside manner, does not listen to her patients or respect their time, and retains just an all-around unfriendly demeanor. The wait times at your scheduled appointment are atrocious. And outside of that I found her very difficult to access for questions or test results. Every one of my visits with her felt like the very first one, in that she treated me like she had no idea who I was or why I was there (even though my chart was a mile long with ongoing issues). Neither she nor her office followed up with me after performing my surgery - until I was back in the hospital with complications three days later, and even then she was not at all warm or apologetic. I have since transferred to another doctor. I would not recommend Dr. Cousineau to anyone.

July 28th, 2015
I was a new patient of Dr. Cousineau's less than 3 years ago, after having been with my previous Obgyn for 17 years. I have spent quite a bit of time with her since after my first visit I suffered a pregnancy loss and then followed with 2 healthy pregnancies with 2 beautiful children. After suffering the loss I was devastated in ways I never imagined and a lot of doctors would not have given me the time of day to reassure me but she spent as much time with me as I needed. And when I finally had a healthy pregnancy, she spent as much time as I needed with all of my questions until I felt confident about my health and the health of my baby. She is a rare breed of doctor - she actually cares about her patients and I have never had a doctor like her before. The entire practice is one of the most efficient operations I have ever been to and all the staff is very courteous and helpful.

May 14th, 2015
YearsLongPatient
I absolutely love Dr. Cousineau. However, the staff is very incompetent and Kate the receptionist is down right rude every time I go in or call. The wait time is horrendous. I have never had an appt on time. I normally wait at least 15 min in the waiting room and at least an additional 40 min the exam room. I've had her first appointment of the day and still waited 40min in the exam room to see her. If you call in for lab results, its a guessing game of what the MA's are telling you or they want to speak to the Doc first themselves and that's another two day wait it seems. I find the Doc to be worth all of this frustration however. She has diagnosed me with some issues that other's could not and I'm on a better, healthier and more fertile life. I have recommended many other's to her but make sure to give the warning of staff and wait times.

February 13th, 2015
She truly cares and listens..
Dr Cousineau is very thorough. She cares and she listens. Would definitely recommend her to anyone! Wait time may be a little long yet she spends the quality time needed with you.

March 11th, 2014
Don't waste your time
While Dr. Cousineau is competent, her bedside manner is non-existent. She's very judgmental of people who are overweight. It takes months to get a well visit scheduled, and when the time rolls around she often cancels the appointment, causing you to start all over again in her queue. In the last year, this has happened to me three separate times and I basically missed a whole year of preventative care. She spends very little time with non-pregnant patients, I cannot speak for pregnant patients.

February 28th, 2008
Highly Recommend Her
Dr. Cousineau is a GREAT doctor. I actually got her because she is in the practice with the doctor that delivered my daughter and that doctor wasn't in that day. Now Dr. Cousineau is MY doctor and she is caring, concerned, and doesn't make me feel like an idiot when I ask her questions and she doesn't hurry me along when we have our visits nor does she chastise me if I've not done 'something'.. whatever it may be. She's the BEST!