Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jan 11th, 2016

One of the worst doctors I have ever seen, an abomination the the medical practice! She pushes only one agenda which she likely gets a % of. She doesn't care at all when u have a reaction to the quack medications she prescribes.

Jan 8th, 2016

Dr. Freedman always goes out of her way to help fit me in her schedule. She works efficiently and quickly!

Excellent Physician! show details Excellent Physician!
by Michele S. on Jan 5th, 2016

Dr Freedman was recommended to me by a close friend that has been seeing her for many years and is very happy with her care. I have been to see her about 6 times and each time I have calle the office, she actually answers the phone to discuss my needs. I like going to Dr. Freedman for many reasons, but most importantly because she practices Medicine with a broad knowledge of both traditional and holistic medicine. She explores the root of your complaints/symptoms rather than referring you to another Dr. or specialist. She spends time with me going over "all" of my concerns. Today, i saw her for a follow up and decided to ask her about another pain that I have been having, but was too busy to see an Orthopedic Dr. She assessed the problem, ordered an MRI and then spent an hour on the phone trying to get the test approved by my insurance company. In all of my years as an RN (20 ), I have never experienced such care and service from an MD.

by Stacey Nardo on Jan 4th, 2016

Dr freedman is very caring and thorough. If you want to find the root of any medical problem she is the doctor to go to. She takes her time with you and you don't feel rushed. She listens and understands and truly wants to help you. I've recommended her to family and friends!

Dec 30th, 2015

Delighted and very thankful she gave me a natural supplement to lower blood pressure. Now I'm down to just one prescription med! I appreciate that fact that she takes my concerns into consideration, and works with me.

Excellent Physician show details Excellent Physician
Dec 24th, 2015

I have seen Dr Freedman multiple times over the last several years. I like her because she is an excellent diagnostician and she tells you like it is. She lets you know when to worry and when to not. She gets to the bottom of everything and if she cant she will personally pick up the phone and call another doctor to help. She truly cares about her patients. She does not fake it. Almost most importantly besides really listening, she gets to the bottom of most everything and with an integrative approach has an open mind about solving things. She is also reaslistic and helps patient help themselves. I highly recommend her without reservations

Dec 1st, 2015

On my first appointment, Dr. Freedman diagnosed my amenorrhea due to hypothyroidism and 5 months later my husband and I got pregnant

Nov 19th, 2015

After reading all the positive reviews and going to the doctor myself , twice, I have to say I'm very disappointed. I had very high expectations, but she was not thorough and considerate, but instead rushed through the results of my tests and did not try to put the pieces together. Following up with her regarding treatment has been like pulling teeth.

A show details A
by Nv on Nov 18th, 2015

I am thankful for Dr Lisa Freedman M.D. For figuring out a regime to get me to better health. Her work is extremely thorough and informative. Everyone should visit her to assure yourself of maintaining a healthy life style.

Doctor Who Understands show details Doctor Who Understands
by Eileen Storch on Nov 11th, 2015

The doctor has seen me through some difficult and challenging health crises. If I had continued with the therapy recommended by my orthopedist, I would probably be missing my hand. Nutrient level testing revealed some of what was happening in my body. The doctor's willingness to look beyond the obvious for the cause helped me to be cured rather than have a chronic illness.

Account Manager show details Account Manager
by Yolanda M. on Oct 29th, 2015

I am so thankful for Dr. Freedman! I came to her last year feeling overwhelmed with a number of health issues. Dr. Freedman listened to my health woes and tackled each issue one by one. My anxiety has subsided and my nutrition is in gear. Now a year later and Ive never felt better! Thank you, Dr. Freedman!

Fantastic results! show details Fantastic results!
by Leslie G on Oct 20th, 2015

I was so happy to find a Dr that blends holistic and traditional medicine. On my initial visit in August Dr Freedman listened to my concerns about thyroid, weight, sleep, lack of energy and getting off my antidepressant meds.. Dr Freedman suggested an approach that targets biochemical imbalances in the body and also suggested doing a food sensitivity test. These are out of pocket costs. In September Dr Freedman explained the results. She recommended supplementation and traditional meds. When I went for my October visit Dr Freedman asked how I was doing. My response FANTASTIC! In one month my cravings have diminished; my sleep is the best it has been in years. I have more mental clarity and energy. We decreased my antidepressant dosage. Thank you Dr Freedman.

Oct 18th, 2015

Dr. Freedman is truly a breath of fresh air in our "cookie-cutter" health system. She listens to you respectfully, and gives you health advice based on both her extensive professional expertise as well as what she learns about you during your office visit. So glad to have finally found a knowledgeable family physician that I feel values communication in the doctor-patient relationship.

Sep 30th, 2015

Horrible Horrible Horrible All about the money

by Frank and Linda on Sep 30th, 2015

Been our Dr. for years Does a great job

by Audrey Manley on Jul 22nd, 2015

Within 3 months of my initial visit to Dr Freedman she was able to lower my overall cholesterol from 245 to 190 without the use of synthetic statins! My LDL dropped from 185 to 119. Through the use of special blood tests, higher quality supplements, and diet changes, I was able to stop carb and sugar cravings. My blood pressure and weight are down to normal and I don't need BP meds. Outstanding results from this holistic doc! Can't thank her enough.

by Guy S. on Jul 6th, 2015

Very knowledgeable and highly skilled in both holistic and traditional medical practices and methodologies. I appreciate her ability to bridge approaches; giving consideration to, and outlining the benefits of both alternative and traditional medicine before jumping straight to traditional tests or prescriptions.

thorough show details thorough
by Susan on Jul 2nd, 2015

I have been a patient if Dr. Freedman for close to two years and my husband has been a patient for close to five years. Dr. Freedman is an excellent diagnostician. She treats the whole person. No matter how busy, she always takes time to listen. She understands that sometimes life circumstances can cause physical ailments. A visit to Dr. Freedman is like visiting with a good friend who just happens to have a medical degree.

Best Doctor Ever! show details Best Doctor Ever!
by Jody Moore on Jun 25th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Freedman for years. She is the most amazing doctor I have ever worked with! She uses a holistic approach to healthcare and has many diagnostic tools at her disposal to help you achieve your optimum level of health. If you have symptoms and have seen an array of other doctors who were unable to properly diagnose you; she is the doctor you need to see! Her knowledge is well rounded and she has a brilliant medical mind. She has a well-known reputation as being able to diagnose illnesses that no other doctor can. She takes time to really listen to her patients and truly cares about your health. I highly recommend Dr. Freedman. I have referred many friends to her with great success! If you are looking for the best doctor around with a great bedside manner; Dr. Freedman is the doctor for you!

by Mary Stokes on Jun 22nd, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Freedman for almost 2 years. I first started seeing her when I was diagnosed with small bowel cancer. Even though I was doing the conventional chemotherapy, the supplements that she gave me for support during my treatment were fantastic. When I first went to see Dr. Freedman, I was feeling depressed and had no energy. She addressed both issues: neurotransmitter testing and found my serotonin was very low and started me on supplements. To address fatigue, she gave me shots of B-12. I have finished chemotherapy (12 treatments of FU-5) and contribute how well I did to Dr. Freedman's alternative approach to medicine. I highly recommend her to anyone who is seeking extra support while going through chemo.

Dr. Lisa B. Freedman : A great doctor. show details Dr. Lisa B. Freedman : A great doctor.
by Matthew Woodward on Jun 22nd, 2015

Dr. Lisa B Freedman is a excellent holistic doctor. She has never recommended anything unneeded and has always been thoughtful in her diagnosis. In a world where most doctors over medicate she looks for natural ways to help you avoid a unhealthy life. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a holistic opinion.

Care above and beyond :) show details Care above and beyond :)
by Lucia on Jun 1st, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Freedman for over a year now, and I'm still impressed by her combination of the best of both worlds, bringing together brilliant diagnostic and therapeutic advantages from the world of holistic medicine, and the vast understanding of the human body from conventional medicine. I'm so grateful that she makes effective supplements available. Amazingly, the vitamin D that she gave raised my level to within normal range within a month! (This was after a year of my trying various health food store vitamin D supplements.) Also, she placed me on a supplement that has lowered and stabilized my blood pressure at @ 120/78. This is especially wonderful - to me - because these supplements are completely natural - no drugs (with their nasty side effects)! (Most people my age are on several prescription meds.) I could not find these supplements at health food stores because they are available only through licensed practitioners. Dr. Freedman has been trained in their use - the proof is in their effectiveness. She's one of the most intelligent, capable and compassionate professionals I've met - a blessing! Her staff is lovely too. Sorry, I know this all sounds kind of glurgy, but when you find someone this good, you can't help but feel relieved and grateful. And I'm happy to have positive things to say about this holistic physician rather than share my many complaints about the conventional doctors I've seen.

Experienced & Out of the Box Thinker show details Experienced & Out of the Box Thinker
by Happy Camper on May 16th, 2015

Helps get to the root of problems with real solutions and specialty testing. Enables the patient to learn and participate in healing process.

Great Doc show details Great Doc
by Shaheen F on Apr 24th, 2015

A caring and thorough physician

Great Experience show details Great Experience
by Matthew R. on Apr 22nd, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Freedman's for over 5 years and have always received a high level of service and care. She thinks about your case instead of reducing it to a text book model. I see many healthcare providers and she is by far the best.

by ray v on Apr 22nd, 2015

Very good doctor. She takes the time to listen and work with you.

Overall positive experience show details Overall positive experience
by Rafiq Fazelbhoy on Apr 22nd, 2015

I found the doctor very competent, spent time with me to listen, was able to diagnose what was wrong and then address my issue well. I needed an unexpected follow up and she was able to squeeze me into her busy schedule which I appreciated. Over all a very positive experience

Mrs. show details Mrs.
by Beth Salisch on Apr 2nd, 2015

New to the area, I went to Dr. Freeman on a recommendation. After our first meeting she put me on a few vitamins. A few months later I had a difficult accident and pre-surgery they started me on a few vitamins and prescribed them post surgery. Because of Dr. Freedman, I was already had me on the most crucial vitamin. My surgeon was impressed with Dr. Freeman's vitamin regimen. Dr. Freeman blends traditional western medicine with a holistic and natural method. I appreciate her willingness to prescribe supplements and vitamins along with pharmaceuticals. It is a balanced approach.

Mar 25th, 2015

I found most of the positive comments about Dr. Freedman not true. I felt very disappointed and insulted after my visit with her. She is horrible and rude. On the first visit, I had to give them my credit/ debit card info and agree to let them charge any amount on any date. This is something very unusual, thus, I decided to leave the office. The reception girl asked me to finish all the forms and bring them in with me during my next appointment. Later on, the doctor left me a voicemail, claiming that all the forms are her properties and I need to return them as soon as possible.

Wish I went to her long time ago to treat my hypothyroid show details Wish I went to her long time ago to treat my hypothyroid
Mar 9th, 2015

I went to her with tiredness all the time and sleep issues. She diagnosed that I'm hypothyroid and treating me with meds and vitamin injections, I have found great change in myself, being calm and energetic, losing weight slowly that I gained abruptly in the last year.

Feb 3rd, 2015

Seeing Dr. Freedman for elevated cholesterol. She is a very knowledgeable and thoughtful physician. She spent time reviewing my history and she ordered the most appropriate lab work and took time to review the results and make the necessary treatment recommendations. I plan to continue seeing her.

Very Thorough, Competent, and Understanding show details Very Thorough, Competent, and Understanding
Jan 27th, 2015

I was so pleased to finally find a doctor that can help me. I have been suffering with fatigue for years. Other doctors told me it was all in my head or there was nothing that they could do. Dr Freedman listened to me and took my problem seriously and ordered tests. She found out I had low levels of my brain chemicals. She put me on supplements and within two weeks I started feeling slightly better. Now after over a month, I feel way better. Dr Freedman checks up on me and makes me feel important. I highly recommend her to anyone that wants a smart doctor who really cares!

She's good - Modern Medicine Yields to Natural Healing with knowledge of the Insurance Racket show details She's good - Modern Medicine Yields to Natural Healing with knowledge of the Insurance Racket
Dec 23rd, 2014

I've been seeing Dr Freedman for little over a year and it's been a great experience! I had post partum depression that has lasted for years, gained weight, and was trying to fight the growing fatique and stress in my life. Dr. Freedman welcomed me, listened to me, and recommended we begin with several scientific analyses to highlight specific deficiencies. I had the food sensensitivity analysis, hormones analysis, and vitamin analysis. Boy! Did I get a real sense of what my body was lacking. It was great to have Dr. Freedman interpret the results and help me to prioritize my first, second, third steps. I just could not have done so on my own - and I have a pharmaceutical background! Here we are months later and I feel great - energy has doubled, body is getting toned, and attitude is back to being light and joyful. I'm so grateful for Dr. Freedman - my 13 year old daughter has also started with her practice and is enjoying learning about her body at an early age. Highly recommended! Beautiful office recently renovated, great staff knowledgeable of the insurance racket, open to giving discounts where needed, and they are all about helping you to achieve your personal goals.

Best of both worlds! show details Best of both worlds!
by Lucia on Oct 29th, 2014

I go to her Huntingdon Valley office, and wow – she’s amazing! I’m so thrilled about ALL my numbers improving dramatically (especially cholesterol) WITHOUT DRUGS, and within a short time!! Another amazing thing about Dr. Freedman is that her practice is NOT concierge or boutique – it’s accessible for those of us who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford this kind of excellent care. I’m so thankful to have found Dr. Freedman, and just want to share this with others who may be seeking the best of both worlds – holistic and conventional medicine – as I was. Her approach applies the science behind both conventional and holistic so that she offers very effective, natural healing rather than drugs. I was amazed at how rapidly some old, long-term problems began to clear up for me, and that her care extended beyond the office visit – to emails and phone calls. Dr. Freedman actually takes the time to speak with me – a wonderful trait sadly lost to conventional doctors. She’s been a blessing, and I’ve found her staff to be very caring and lovely as well. I have to travel a distance to see her, but it’s well worth it.

Administrative Analyst show details Administrative Analyst
by Toni Chapman on Oct 25th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Freedman for over 10 years. She is a compassionate doctor who is commit to helping her patients get better. Dr Freedman goes the extra mile with all her patients. She even answer calls after the office is closed. I am proud to have a great Dr as Dr Freedman.

Patient show details Patient
by Tom Durwood on Oct 21st, 2014

Dr. Freedman is smart, creative, and patient-friendly. I needed a med refilled Monday morning and she got me in that same afternoon.

Oct 8th, 2014

Dr Lisa Freedman was able to give my husband back his energy with her diagnosis. We are very happy with her guidance

by Mary S. on Oct 7th, 2014

This year I was diagnosed with small bowel cancer and after several opinions decided to do the chemotherapy (FOLFOX) which is brutal. My neighbor recommended Dr. Freedman to help with any potential side effects. She tested me and found that my seritonin was in the toilet and also several vitamins and minerals were extremely low. She then put me on supplements to correct the different issues. I feel so much better since starting supplements. I would highly recommend Dr. Freedman to anyone going through treatment to help deal with the side effects. I, for one, am so glad I found her.

Medicine the old fashion way show details Medicine the old fashion way
Jun 25th, 2014

Dr. Freedman is a excellent physician. She spends as much time as needed to understand your issues and practices preventive medicine.

by R.F. on Jun 24th, 2014

Plain and simple, Dr. Freedman is an excellent physician that takes the time to explain testing and medications so I can understand what is going on. She has helped diagnose conditions that my previous family doctor didn't take the time to look into. I highly recommend having Dr. Freedman and her staff take care of you!

Natural ideas to help with sleep problems show details Natural ideas to help with sleep problems
Jun 24th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Freedman for a couple years. Dr. Freedman has been extremely helpful in offering both traditional and natural methods to help me with sleep problems, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Dr. Freedman is extremely patient and knowledgeable. Dr. Freedman and her staff provide exceedingly professional service. The medical office is well decorated, clean and is set up in a professional manner.

by Kathleen Kelly on Apr 30th, 2014

My name is Kathleen Kelly, and I am 70 years young. Dr. Freedman came highly recommended to me after my total frustration dealing with doctors who only wanted to write prescriptions. I have been seeing her for five months, and I have to say that I feel so much better than before. Her approach to diet, exercise, and overall healthy lifestyle has made an improvement on how I presently feel. From day one she was up front about her approach to good health. She has reduced my medicine and recommended a realistic healthy diet, which works. Sincerely, Kathleen Kelly

Finally treated successfully show details Finally treated successfully
by Mom of teen on Dec 9th, 2013

After seeing our academically gifted and athletic daughter struggle through her high school years with depression, anxiety, extreme fatigue, bloating, asthma, odd skin conditions, weight gain, frequent colds and viruses, and always being cold ( sleeping under blankets even at the height of summer), declining grades and athletic performance and paralyzing mood swings, and after visiting pediatrician, allergist, two psychiatrists and an endocrinologist with no relief, i happened upon Dr. Lisa Freedman. I was a little dubious at the notion of urinalysis to test neurotransmitter levels, but we were desperate to get help. Dr Freedman ordered the tests and determined which neurotransmitters were involved and what foods our daughter was sensitive to. She also determined that she had Hashimoto's thyroiditis and was sensitive to gluten and dairy. She prescribed a number of natural supplements and natural thyroid capsules, and, 5 months later, with the combination of radical change in diet and consumption of supplements, she reports feeling 75 percent better. Her energy level has increased dramatically, her skin issues have cleared, the mood swings have been eliminated, and she no longer feels bloated. Above all, she seems truly happy for the first time in years because, she says, she actually feels good. Dr. Freedman was always generous with her time, and she listened carefully. She was more than willing to answer our many questions. I am very grateful to her, and highly recommend her.

Aug 29th, 2013

I recently went to go see dr. Freedman for stomach issues. Dr. Freedman did blood work to see what was going on and it showed that I was having sensitivity to certain foods. Dr. Freedman placed me on a rotational diet for 3 months and since I started that I feel excellent!

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
by Terence O. on Jul 7th, 2013

I have been in search of a holistic medical doctor for some time. I have truly found what I've been looking for in Dr. Lisa Freedman. Dr. Freedman is thorough in her approach with me the individual. It's a custom program to the issues my body experiences. I love the one on one relationship with my doctor.

Wonderful Holistic Doctor show details Wonderful Holistic Doctor
by SCLC on Jun 19th, 2013

I am a patient of Dr. Lisa Beth Freedman, MD and I want to say how happy I am to have found a doctor that practices holistic health care! She not only diagnosed my health issues but offered natural solutions that were amazing. My office experience was very pleasant and the staff is so accommodating. I am referring family and friends now because Dr. Freedman is an exceptionally caring physician and has been so wonderful to work with. Thank you Dr. Freedman!

Jun 12th, 2013

Lisa Freedman’s practice is professional, friendly, and personal. She treats each of her patients with the highest quality of care, and ensures they receive the attention and medical care that they seek. Her holistic approach to medicine is the unique and comprehensive touch that the Main Line needs! She is a fantastic doctor who will make you feel at ease and taken care of.

Good and unconventional doctor show details Good and unconventional doctor
by Tom Durwood on Jun 4th, 2013

Dr. Freedman is a smart, fierce advocate for her patients and will help find a clear path forward and the best specialists to help.

Telling it like it is show details Telling it like it is
by BGF on May 23rd, 2013

Dr. Freedman is methodical and comprehensive in her approach to caring for her patients. She encourages me to participate in my own wellness by asking questions, and she's forthcoming about problems that may develop when I don't act in my own best interests. That said, she's never judgmental, only matter-of-fact. It's great to be treated by a physician who is not only honest but who genuinely cares and who treats me the way an adult ought to be treated.

A Wearer of Many Hats show details A Wearer of Many Hats
by Tammy on May 21st, 2013

I am proud to rave about Dr. Lisa! I have seen her staff change and move-on. She offers her mentoring to those wishing to further themselves and take the ball and run in the ever changing medical field. Some persons just aren't cut for the medical field. It takes a special person to give of themselves, continue growth personally & professionally, while teaching others that truly want to learn. Dr. Lisa is all of that and more. Dr. Lisa thinks outside the box. Most often situations are not brought on suddenly and thus the expectation of instant results should not be expected. She treats the body as a whole. She listened to me, asked questions and got me thinking outside the box to help improve my overall Health and follows-up to see how we're doing. All offices have their high traffic days especially during the cold and flu seasons sometimes waits are longer, sometimes staff call off sick. A doctor can not control those things and thus Dr. Lisa often wears many hats in her office as do others in any business or practice. The best hat she wears is the MD.

by Missy Pinola on May 16th, 2013

I came to Dr. Freedman looking for answers on why, over the course of about 6 months, I was feeling bloated and gaining weight. I thought maybe it may be my hormones out of whack. But the problem was mainly above my navel, My pants fit fine, but my shirts and sweaters were tight. Dr. Freedman listened to my problems and explained to me that it may be a food sensitivity issue. I had blood work done, (that day in her office!) and had the results back within 2 weeks. Dr. Freedman took the time to review my results and explain to me how the diet works. It was nice of her to tell me to call her anytime if I had any questions. I then started the 4-day Rotation Diet based on my individual results. It took about 3-4 days for me to understand how to eat the foods I was permitted to eat. It was actually all the foods I normally ate, just eating them in a different way; rotating them so I wasn't eating the same food every day. My results were immediate. I couldn't believe how better I felt. I lost 4 pounds within 4 days and the bloating had reduced tremendously. I have been on the program for 2 weeks now and I am still losing weight (about a pound every 2-3 days) and my stomach is flat. I would definitely recommend Dr. Freedman to anyone looking for answers regarding your hormone levels, bloating, weight gain and overall well being. She is compassionate about her job and wants the best outcomes for her patients!

Exactly What I Was Looking For show details Exactly What I Was Looking For
by Jane P on May 2nd, 2013

I would absolutely recommend Dr. Freedman. She has helped me in so many ways, from anxiety and hormone imbalances to the common cold. Before I even went to see her, she explained to me all the costs that I would face because my insurance at the time wouldn’t cover it. I was interested in visiting a holistic doctor, because I knew that all my problems were related, and it didn’t make sense to me to visit many different specialists. Dr. Freedman and I discussed different treatments, and agreed on a combination of conventional medications and supplements, as well as bio-identical hormones. I am pleased to say that I didn’t have to continue any long term, and I felt that she understood my desire to continue to control my hormones with diet and exercise (once stable). Now, I am free of all medications, my hormones are stable, my cholesterol is lowered, and I feel amazing. I feel comfortable going to see Dr. Freedman for all my health care needs, and recently I was able to get an appointment the same day to seek help for a sore throat that was bothering me. Her staff is always kind and caring. I always feel like things are explained to me, and that I am involved in my treatment, which is exactly what I wanted.

by Nina K. on Apr 1st, 2013

I have recently been seeing Dr Freedman for a variety of health issues and feel very happy to have found her. I am a nurse and have seen medical practice become more and more less open to thinking and problem solving to care for needs of the individual patient. Dr Freedman uses many approaches in her practice, tradition and alternative to treat health problems with the primary goal of promoting wellness. Her practice is the best of both worlds. Having the benefit of a practitioner who has an expertise in traditional and holistic medicine is exactly what I have been looking for in a doctor. Her approach is to teach you about her recommendation for treatment so you can be a participant in decision making. Most of all, she is very sincere about wanting to help you by spending the time needed unlike (sadly) recent protocol with other doctors to only spend the 15 minutes allotted to you. I gave Dr Freedman 3 stars for promptness which Is a huge positive!! Any doctor who is able to keep a precise schedule in their office is not spending enough time with their patients when more time is needed.

A Partner for Good Health show details A Partner for Good Health
by Doris B. on Apr 1st, 2013

At first, Dr. Freeman may strike you as a no-nonsense hyper-focused medical genius, but you will soon discover she is truly caring and invested in your good health. My favorite aspect of our relationship is she NEVER talks down to me. Dr. Freeman is the rare practitioner who collaborates with you, answers your questions thoughtfully, offers you a choice of treatment plans, and sees you as a competent person. I know Dr. Freeman really cares. And in today's increasingly impersonal world, knowing your doctor truly cares is invaluable.

Top Notch show details Top Notch
by Kelly Derricks on Mar 25th, 2013

Dr Freedman has been my primary for several years. She is supportive, caring, and maintains up to date research for all of her patients needs.

Dr Freedman care show details Dr Freedman care
by Jim O. on Jan 17th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Freedmans for over 10 years and have found her to not only be knowledgeable but also very caring about her patients specific needs. Dr . Freedman has gone out of her way to be available both during normal office hours and after hours. I appreciate her concern for her patients and have been very pleased with her care over the years.

A smart and independent-minded doctor show details A smart and independent-minded doctor
Dec 2nd, 2012

Dr. Freedman is a fierce advocate for her patients, both with medical specialists and with insurance companies. Her staff is smart and nice.

My partner in healthcare show details My partner in healthcare
Sep 5th, 2012

Dr. Freedman is smart, meticulous, a good communicator and honest. She views me as a partner in the maintenance of my own health, encourages me to read up on health issues and ask questions. These she invariably and patiently answers (without condescending to me), because she thinks there's no such thing as a stupid question. Her approach is informed not only by impressive credentials and wide experience but also by common sense. A big part of why I enjoy good health today has to do with the fact that she is my physician.

Aug 13th, 2012

I would highly recommend Dr. Freedman. Prior to my first visit with her, I had been to several physicians whose default position was to prescribe medication to treat my mildly high blood pressure. From day one with Dr. Freedman, I knew that I was under the care of a physician who would not hesitate to try an alternative option. Her holistic approach, thoroughness, and diligence in working with me have produced noticeable effects for my blood pressure. Now, without exception, I turn to Dr. Freedman with complete confidence for any medical concern, whether seemingly large or small. I have several family members and colleagues who seek Dr. Freedman's care, and I will continue to do so as well in the future.

Holistic Doctors are Hard to Find show details Holistic Doctors are Hard to Find
Aug 1st, 2012

I use Dr. Freedman's practice for my whole family. She is a great doctor. I had suffered a very long time with an illness that 5 different doctors were not able to give me relief from. Because she approaches patients with a holistic approach she was able to treat me like no other doctor had previously and I was feeling relief right away. She is very careful about antibiotics and is very sensitive to each of my families needs. I recommend her to all my friends.

Jun 15th, 2012

Dr. Freedman is very open to utilizing natural means to complement normal medical prescription medicines. She is knowledgeable in a variety of nutritional supplements and uses reputable sources. Dr. Freedman listens to your questions and answers them to the best of her knowledge. I appreciate the "holistic" attitude rather than just prescribing medication like a lot of other doctors do.

Very Pleased show details Very Pleased
Apr 22nd, 2012

I have been trying various doctors who tell me I have fibromyalgia for years. I have never believed that I had it and was referred to Dr. Freeman. She finally listened to me, has a holistic approach and in less than two months I am off the traditional medicine that I was on to a more natural remedy and I feel great.

Apr 19th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Freedman for almost two years. I see her once a month for a B-12 shot. I found Dr. Freedman through the free, local Yoga "magazine" as I was searching for a talented, highly qualified, doctor who integrates holistic approaches alongside mainstream medical treatments. As is mentioned in other reviews, Dr. Freedman is direct and thorough, she is patient with the chaos and mess of our insurance companies AND she remembers EVERYTHING. I see her at her Villanova office and appreciate the setting over the more institutional office park settings that are more familiar in our area.

A Healer at Heart! show details A Healer at Heart!
Apr 14th, 2012

Dr. Freedman is a wonderful doctor. I found her for my daughter after traditional medicine could only prescribe meds that were masking symptoms and causing other problems, because they didn't have any more answers. I started to go home and shred them each time we left the doctors office. She is direct and will tell you what you need to know not necessarily what you want to hear (good or bad). She is honest and caring about her patients. We drive over an hour to see her and I have changed over to see her myself now. I will drive the hour for good care! She doesn't prescribe meds to mask symptoms or just get through another day she recommends supplements to heal your body. Healing takes time, your body didn't become ill overnight and it won't be healed overnight..If you would rather have a quick fix pill than she is not your doctor. If you want to be healthy from the inside out, than Dr. Lisa B Freedman is the doctor you should come see. I rate her an A for life. Those that have something negative to say probably weren't there for true healing. To the one who said it seemed like she was trying to sell me something: If you go to the Dr. and they prescribe an antibiotic or heart pill how is that different than recommending and herbal supplement except the cost and the long term effect on the body..oh that's right closed mindedness. As stated above if traditional meds are what you want and to mask your symptoms to just get by..than go elsewhere. Dr. Freedman wants to help you be your healthiest. That's it..no more no less..Hope this helps the new comers and maybe we'll cross path's in the waiting room someday. :0)

Apr 7th, 2012

Dr. Freedman is very intelligent and quick to diagnose a problem. She is very professional and has a compassionate mannerism. I travel many miles just to have her as my physician. I have done this for many years. She has lowered my cholesterol levels by use of natural supplements vs. conventional prescription medications. In just six weeks my levels were lowered by 25 points.

Prompt and Effective Follow-up show details Prompt and Effective Follow-up
Mar 8th, 2012

When it became apparent that my medical condition could be a serious problem, Dr. Freedman immediately scheduled an appointment for me with a specialist. When further testing pointed to a very serious situation, she arranged for me to enter the hospital and consult with additional doctors/specialists, even though it was a holiday weekend. I will always be grateful to Dr. Freedman for her quick actions. Because of them I was able to connect with doctors and make the decisions which led to prompt surgery and treatment.

Thorough & Skillful show details Thorough & Skillful
Mar 4th, 2012

This office really tries to move things along efficiently, but, not at the sacrifice of the needs of other patients or the quality of the visit. I feel very confident in Dr. Freedman's holistic approach to health care and have benefited from the diagnostic and therapeutic techniques she makes available. She even offers seminars from time to time to her patients.

Solved blood pressure problems naturally show details Solved blood pressure problems naturally
Feb 23rd, 2012

I went to many doctors and they kept putting me on more drugs. I did not like the side effects from the drugs. Dr freedman was able to wean me off my drugs and use herbs to keep my blood pressure normal. I am so grateful. They have no side effects.

Feb 16th, 2012

I was very happy to find a Physician who was interested in combining Adjunctive techniques and holistic medicine with traditional medicine. A month after starting with this practice, I came to her with a very confusing medical profile. She was very quick to do needed tests and refering me to other providers. A diagnosis was finally made in cooperation with 3 different physicians, much sooner than it routinely is for my problem. She is wonderful at gathering all of the information from different doctors and overseeing my progress. Also, we have been able to combine holistic medicine with traditional medicine in such a way that I feel better than I have for many years. My only issue with the practice, and this is a small issue, is that there might be better tracking of information. Computerization would be helpful. Also, she does accept AETNA, and that is not listed on the health inurances that she accepts.

A Good Doctor show details A Good Doctor
Feb 11th, 2012

Dr. Freedman is a very competent physician who seems to take extra steps that other physicians don't. I sincerely appreciate her holistic approach to health and plan on having Dr. Freedman as my physician for a long time.

Outstanding! show details Outstanding!
by kdbadr@aol.com on Oct 10th, 2011

Dr. Freedman combines patience and compassionate listening with her medical and alternative medicine expertise. I feel extremely fortunate to have her as my family physician who takes the time and the interest to provide quality care.

Aug 16th, 2011

We like Dr. Lisa Beth Freedman very much. She is very caring and good at diagnosing problems and solving them. We have no problems getting appointments when we want them. She spends a lot of time with us and listens to anything we want to discuss with her.

Best Doctor I have ever had show details Best Doctor I have ever had
Jun 27th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr Freedman for 3 years now , and I have no complaints. Yes her office is in her home, and yes she has a hands on approach with her staff but not only is she seeing patients, she is teaching others at the same time.She will spend any time you need with her, will discuss every option of treatmet and think out of the box clinically. I look forward to keeping my relationship with her for a long time.

Jun 16th, 2011

both my wife and myself are pleased with her. she always is willing to talk about any kind of issue

Highly recommend Dr. Lisa Freedman. She is the BEST! show details Highly recommend Dr. Lisa Freedman. She is the BEST!
May 25th, 2011

I'm very particular about my doctors and research before going. Even then, if I'm not happy, I'll walk out. Dr. Freedman exceeded all expectations. She is kind, through, patient, direct and an excellent doctor. I like her approach and I am thrilled I have her as my doctor! I highly recommend her. If your insurance doesn't cover everything, her rates are SO AFFORDABLE... no price can be put on your health. Take control of your health and pay her a visit! I am so thankful I found her. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

May 23rd, 2011

Dr. Freedman has been very helpful to me. She's always very busy but somehow still manages to spend as much time with me as possible. I love that she practiced holistic medicine because it is a great alternative and really works. She is not pushy about anything, she gives me my options and lets me think about them. She always tries to schedule me in as soon as possible. I do get that she yells at her staff every now and then but in all honesty, her staff is uncaring and sometimes do not know what they are doing. Most of her staff consists of medical assistant and nursing students and it is obvious they do not care about their jobs even tho Dr. Freedman is giving them the opportunity to gain experience and such.

May 18th, 2011

I've been with Dr Freedman for about 2 years. She ALWAYS very quickly gets back to me when I'm sick (which never fails to happen over the weekend when the office is closed). Once I leave a message, she gets back to me within 30 minutes or less. That to me is an invaluable asset.

Great Followup show details Great Followup
Jan 23rd, 2011

I have to say that Dr Freedman is one of the first doctors I ever met who called me on the phone herself to review bloodwork results only one day after I met her. She thoroughly reviewed them and put me on a combination of drug and herbal treat ment plan. I stii can not believe how much she cared to make the call and her promptness. I am already beginning to feel better. I am recommending her to all my friends and coworkers who want a caring and prompt and smart doctor.

She Really Understands and Can Help show details She Really Understands and Can Help
Dec 28th, 2010

I have been searching for years for a doctor that really listens, understands and can help. I suffer from Chronic Fatigue. In the past most doctors just told me it was all in my head or that I had to live with that. I refused to accept those answers. Dr Freedman performed a vitamin analysis on me. We got the test results back. She thoroughly explained them and started me on the appropriate vitamins. After one month I felt alittle better. After 3 months I feel alot better. I feel I can finally function! I am so glad I met her.

Non-Traditional Answers!!! Finally! show details Non-Traditional Answers!!! Finally!
by ~Tamara on Dec 2nd, 2010

I am ever so greatful for Dr. Freedman. She's given us answers that no-one else could in tradtional medicine. My 14 yr old was put on medication after medication for pain when it was actually diet related. We are still working on gathering answers for other symptoms, but she doesn't give up and that's what I love most about Dr. Freedman. She's very caring and compassionate about what she does! If I could give her 10 stars I would. Thank you Dr. Freedman.

Nov 24th, 2010

I have been very fortunate to have Dr. Freedman as my physician for many years. She is a dedicated, competent, caring and patient- focused physician whom I can trust and rely upon in my care and treatment.

VERY PATIENT, UNDERSTANDING, AND SMART show details VERY PATIENT, UNDERSTANDING, AND SMART
Nov 17th, 2010

I went to see Dr Freedman because I wanted a holistic doctor who was open-minded about my health issues. a lot of other doctors just disregarded my concerns or told me it was all in my head. Dr Freedman listened to me and understood. Then she ordered the appropriate tests. i am now on Natural supplements and they are working! I am so happy. Her staff is sweet and always accomodate me. They also always return phone calls in a timely manner. i am so glad I found her.

Excellent MD with holistic knowledge show details Excellent MD with holistic knowledge
by Jenny Berkley on Nov 7th, 2010

Dr. Freedman was recommended to me for a medical approach to brain chemistry and hormones to address post-menopausal symptoms. She is thorough, caring, and knowledgeable in alternatives to synthetic hormonal treatments and standard anti-anxiety meds. We're working carefully together on this, and connect well. I highly recommend her!

Mary A show details Mary A
Nov 6th, 2010

I am so happy that I found Dr. Freedman. She has treated my anxiety and depression without the traditional medicines that didn't agree with me. She is excellant at follow up, even on nights and weekends.

A REAL DOCTOR WHO TRULY CARES show details A REAL DOCTOR WHO TRULY CARES
Nov 4th, 2010

She really knows you and cares and listens. She will get to the bottom of any problem you have using special tests. then she can help you. she always returns calls herself. her staff is young and nice and accomadating. the Dr always follows up and get you better.

menopause distress show details menopause distress
Oct 14th, 2010

Dr. Freedman helped me in so many ways, when suffering from menopausal symtoms that causes me great distress. She is focused, professional and the results of working with her have changed my life dramatically. She is now my primary doctor, and it is a trusted relationship.

Wonderful caring flexible holistic/ allopathic show details Wonderful caring flexible holistic/ allopathic
Oct 2nd, 2010

This may come up twice since this site seems a bit screwy but here goes..... 2nd attempt. Lol. Dr. Lisa Freedman is an amazing GP. I have lived in many states and have had many health issues and drs. I'm a medically trained massage therapist and studying ro be a naturopathic nutritionist. She has high standards of professionalism which I respect highly. She listens to my interpretation of what my body is feeling and we come to solutions that are holistic or allopathic depending on the need and circumstance. I have needed many referrals and the team of specialists she works with are all as respectful and as thorough as she is. I couldn't be happier. I have searched a long time for a Dr who would consider and have the time to work with me on prevention as well as addressing symptoms. She always treats my thoughts and opinions with respect as opposed to the condescention and abruptness you get from most drs. She is never overbooked. I have spent hours waiting in drs offices or been forced to see some random associate. dr Freedman always has time for me. We have done much diagnostic testing.... Always instigated by my conscerns and the results have brought our attention to ailments that have been a mystery to me for years. I can't sing her praises enough. She is the perfect blend of what all physicians should be. Not only addressing symptoms but have the time, inclination, education, and insight to work on preventing future illness by catching insufficiencies and trends before they become a dire health issue. She is an asset to the field. I have immense gratitude that I found a GP who sees the big picture. And her staff is aleTa friendly, professional, and efficient. Ohh and I have been a patient of Dr Freedman for 4 years.

Quality Service show details Quality Service
by Chryssa K. on Oct 1st, 2010

Dr. Lisa Beth Freedman has benn my primary care physician and gyn for over 5 years. Dr. Lisa has helped me lose almost 30 lbs. and change my lifestyle so I can live a healthier and happier life. Dr. Lisa has always returned my phone calls directly and promptly if ever I leave a message. Dr. Lisa has great office hours available and in 2 locations. I feel like Dr. Lisa has my best interest in mind and makes good well thought out decisions when we are discussing medical decisions to be made. I am also happy that Dr. Lisa can be both my Primary and GYN so I can get my exams, bloodwork, shots, everything in a one stop shop. Dr. Lisa is very knowledgeable about women's health issues, especially fertility and weight loss. I trust Dr. Lisa will always make the best medical decisions possible when it concerns me. Please note, I drive about almost 40 minutes each way to and from her office. It is worth it.

Sep 28th, 2010

I had my first visit with Dr. Freedmans practice today. It was no problem making an appointment. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful even though I had a lot of questions. There was little to no wait (besides taking the time to fill out the forms), in fact much better than some other offices I have been to. However, what was most important was that I didnt feel rushed when with Dr. Freedman. She took the time to listen to everything I said and was more than willing to explain anything I didnt understand. It is this reason primarily that I will stay with her.

Very Compassionate show details Very Compassionate
Sep 15th, 2010

Dr Freedman is a very compassionate and personeable physician. She makes you feel important not like a number like at my old doctor's office. She returns your phone call if you want to speak directly to her. She also practices Holistic medicine so she really treats me like a whole person not like a thing. Her staff is young and energetic and enthusiastic. She uses new testing in her office and diagnosed my reason for my tiredness that my last doctor could not. Now I finally feel awake! I would highly recommend her to my friends and family.

Sep 9th, 2010

Dr Freedman was caring and professional during my visit. She was able to diagnose my condition accurately and cure it without any issues. Im glad to have her as my doctor and recommend her to others who are looking for a compassionate doctor that provides exceptional care and service.

Superb! show details Superb!
by wp on Aug 24th, 2010

Dr. Freedman is such a rare find these days! A true professional, she completely devotes herself and her time to you as a patient, and does so with such focus and sincerity. As any professional doctors office should be, she runs a tight ship, and does so in a way that you feel youre being taken care of by a family centered practice. During an extremely sensitive situation I was unable to come to her and without question, she came to me. Shes wonderful.

Aug 10th, 2010

Dr. Freedman is a great doctor! I am very happy with her professionalism and how she loves to take care of her patients. She is the only doctor that I know who would spend more than 30 minutes with a patient. She has wonderful staff members that are hard working and very polite and very nice. I would highly recommend her for any kind of problem or concern that I would have.

Very Caring show details Very Caring
Aug 10th, 2010

Dr Freedman spent alot of time with me. She really cares. She diagnosed a problem that was going on for years and was the first to help me. i felt very comfortable with her and told all my friends/relatives about her.

Very compassionate doctor ... show details Very compassionate doctor ...
Jan 15th, 2010

I have found Dr. Freedman to be very personable, intelligent and caring. She always return my calls promptly. She diagnosis and treats me correctly every time I get sick. She is always available to see me when I need her. She makes me feel important. She sincerely and genuinely cares about me like a friend. I highly recommend her as a family physician.

Below Average show details Below Average
May 1st, 2009

I feel they really don't listen and sometimes not too friendly. However, some services are helpful to determine nutritional deficiencies such as the cell test. I'm not sure what to make of this doctor but will ride it out to see what happens. If i had a serious health issue, I'd consider going to another doctor.