inactive

• Pediatrics San Diego, CA

• Good
  • Bad

May 11th, 2016
After going to other pediatricians that I didn't like we finally found Dr. Gabhart. What a breath of fresh air. She will be our pediatrician going forward. She was great with my Granddaughter who was afraid to be there but warmed up the minute the Dr. Came into the room. It was a wonderful experience.

March 22nd, 2013
Dr. Gabhart review
I wanted to take the time to write a review, because I am shocked at some of the bad reviews on here. My experience with Dr. Gabhart and her staff has been excellent. She has taken the time with both my daughters (who are very young) during appointments, and after a bit of a scary diagnosis for one, reassured me and helped me to relax. I think she is wonderful. She even walks each child over to a "treasure chest" after each appointment. We've gone through three other pediatricians in the past three years, and I honestly believe that Dr. Gabhart is the best. I plan on taking my daughters to her until we move, or until they are ready to transition to an adult doctor.

February 20th, 2013
Worst pediatrician ever
She seems very unprofessional and seems rushed at all times. She doesn't seem aware and familiar with our previous checkups that she did with my daughter and for a doctor I would think she would be the one who gives our daughter's shots for her 4 month check up instead of transferring us to another technician. And on top of that, she had rescheduled our appointment for our daughter's 1 year checkup 5 times already without any explanation to why she is going to be out of the office. Very disappointed.

August 15th, 2012
HORRIBLE
I love the staff but was horribly unimpressed with the doctor. This doctor seems to be uninformed. She should say, this is an area I am unfamiliar with and will need to refer you to a specialist. NOT--let's see if she is better in a few weeks. In addition we waited 40 minutes in the room and we were the first appointment. She shows up late and gave us NO NEW information. Seriously a waste of time. I can google facts of injuries have be more informed. If you are looking for a doctor---look somewhere else! She is a waste of your time. What if this were a life or death situation? Let's just see if she is better in a few weeks.

February 11th, 2012
My two daughters have been seeing Dr. Gabhart for a few years and we are very pleased with her and the entire staff. Never have had a problem.

January 4th, 2012
Overall experience with this doctor was alright. I don't think the whole experience started well when she came into the room and after looking at my daughters chart proceeded to call her a "him" multiple times. Then once she realized what she was saying I recieved a short "I don't know why I was calling her a he," she followed up with "well I looked like a boy when I was younger as well." My thoughts from then on was...if she didn't take the time look at her chart ...then what else is she missing?

December 29th, 2011
Unsatisfied
I found Dr. Gabhart to be very pretentious and condescending. I elected to put my daughter on an alternative vaccine schedule and while Dr. Gabhart was explaining her objection to my decision, she actually called me a "layperson". Granted, I am not a doctor and technically am this, but I certainly do not expect to have to deal with this type of insensitivity from a pediatrician and felt the comment was unnecessary and rude. She was consistently uptight and condescending and after my daughters six month appt, I decided to switch doctors. I would not recommend her.

May 20th, 2011
Awful
The woman that answers the phones and checks people in is a complete idiot and is the rudest person on the planet. I believe her name is Shante. I don't know why Dr. Gabhart puts up with her. Not to mention if your child is sick there is a three month wait to see a dr. so you'll never get in with her unless it's a pre-secheduled regular check up. And forget trying to reschedule an appt. Overall I like Dr. Gabhart but her staff sucks and I can't ever get in with her when I need to. I'll be finding a new pediatrician.

April 22nd, 2011
Watch Out!
Directed me to take my daughter home and call her "in a couple of days" if my five-year-old daughter's blood pressure did not normalize--BP was 150/100!Instead, the Urgent Care practitoner transferred my kid to Children's Hospital, where she ended up being hospitalized for a week after being diagnosed with a rare disorder causing the high blood pressure.

January 7th, 2011
The problem I have with Dr. Gabhart is how little she reassures you as a new parent. I'm sure she'd be great if you had children who could speak and you had dealt with other doctors before. However, as a brand new parent, her bedside manner was a little callous and not at all reassuring. Looking back, she seemed to blame a lot of the "problems" my son was having on breastfeeding... which didn't ever end up being the issue.Bottom line: if you have older children, I think she would be great with them. If you are a new parent looking for more reassurance, she's not your gal.

December 29th, 2010
Unfortuantely the receptionist in Dr. Gabharts office is HORRENDOUS!

April 6th, 2017