Dr. Lisa Gardner, DO
5801 Oakbend Trl
Ste 180
Fort Worth, TX 76132
817-423-2002
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Not Very Upfront - New Priorities  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2013

I have visited Dr. Gardner for several years now and at first she was a breath of fresh air, but since she opened Fusion her priorities have changed. First, in my last appointment we were discussing other alternatives for birth control and since the form she suggested was new to me I started asking questions, however she was very quick to leave and said just refer to the brochure on it and I'll see you when you decide to get it. Well after some research, it is a terrible alternative for me per my medical history and the potential risks are awful, but she was very unconcerned in our short discussion about it. Also, this was the real kicker for me, apparently since she started Fusion she is no longer delivering babies and during my list visit I mentioned "yes I just got married we're planning to have kids in this amount of time". Never once did she mention that she was no longer practicing Obstetrics, so was I supposed to continue to go to her until I got pregnant and then find a new Doctor? Extremelly unprofessional to me, especially as a young patient. Due to this new information I will be switching doctors so that I can build a relationship with whomever will be delivering my babies one day.

Dec 20th, 2013

This is not the same Dr. Gardner since she changed offices. The personable professionalism has been replaced with superficial gaudiness.

|  Long wait time, 1 minute talk with Dr., unsatisfactory results  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2013

I saw Dr. Gardner for my hypothryoid issues. She advertised herself on a thyroid group, but honestly I don't think she knows much about the subject. I waited for an hour, then I saw a nurse. Dr. Gardner came in and talked to me for about 60 seconds in a very chipper tone. When I voiced my questions she would brush them off with a smile on her face. For instance, I asked her to test for thyroid antibodies (to rule out Hashimoto's), and she said there was no point because if I was taking a natural thyroid medication, then it would create antibodies in my blood. That is not true. She thinks she knows more than she does. She also claimed that 60 mg of natural medication is "too high" for a hypothyroid patient, also not true. That is a starting dose. I think this doctor has a very high opinion of herself, and an uppity office to match.

|  Run!! Save yourself!!  |  show details
May 10th, 2013

Dr. Gardner failed to correctly diagnosis a serious problem that I was having, even after a pelvic exam she didn't realize that I had a HUGE ovarian cyst that required surgery. If it hadn't been for my Primary Care Doctor, I would still be suffering with symptoms that any reputable OB/GYN would have caught right away. Since she has changed her practice to "Fusion" the focus now seems to be on spa services instead of patient care. BEWARE!!

|  Best doctor I've ever had!!!  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

Dr. G is a Gos-send. She has helped our family through miscarriages and the delivery of our baby boy! She is loving, fun and genuine! She is getting a new office soon and I know that it is going to be an even better office experience!!!

|  Terrible office!  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2012

Just stay away. I have waited up to 3 hours in this office and there is nothing personal about your visits. You might as well be a number.

|  Bad doctor  |  show details
May 8th, 2011

I unfortunately had to deal with this woman while my Dr was not working and she was so rude to me and the nurses at the hospital. She was rushing me to have my baby and didn't care about the well being of me or my child. Terrible expierence for me and my family.

|  definitely a top doc!  |  show details
May 6th, 2011

Dr Gardner is an amazing doctor. I wouldn't trust anyone else to deliver my babies... or for my own care for that matter. She's simply the best!

|  best obgyn doctor by far  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2011

Dr. Gardner was the first obgyn I had visited that listened to me, cared about what questions I had and even asked about how my family was doing. I most certainly would recommend her to my friends and family.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for this kind response. I am most certainly honored to have been chosen to take care of you.

|  office does not accept Lockheed Martin health funds  |  show details
Jan 21st, 2011

Dr Gardner is a wonderful doctor, but if you have insurance through Lockheed Martin, you could run into issues. Her office does not accept Lockheed Martin's health funds as payment, so you will have to pay upfront and try to get reimbursed for each visit that is not covered 100%.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry we ran into trouble with the health spending account. Many times insurance will not reimburse for services even though they are contracted through big companies like Lockheed. It is unfortunate that this mess has been created. Private practice depends on insurance companies to uphold their end of the contract but many times we get denied claims even with the HSA. That is a great comment about what is covered at 100%.Please check your insurance for what is covered at 100% because we haven't seen 100% coverage for anything in a long time. The patient will usually get stuck paying their part of the 80(ins)/20(patient) of the TOTAL cost of any procedure or service. Not to mention, that's AFTER your deductible is paid. I hope this helps explain things. I am sad that I lost you as a patient over something like this.

|  dr gardner is a blessing  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2009

great bedside manner, really cares about her patients

by JC on Apr 7th, 2009

I am a stay at home mom in Fort Worth, TX. In about two months I will be having my second little girl. Dr. Lisa Gardner has been my obstetrician during both pregnancies and I cannot say enough about how wonderful it is to be her patient. She has shared my excitement at every visit, is always willing to take extra time to address any concerns I have and has an obvious passion for her work. When I relocated to TX I was nervous about finding a new physician, but I am so glad that I found Dr. Gardner!

|  Really like  |  show details
by amaloun on Oct 4th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I have only been to her once now but have decided to make her my GYN. When I was referred to her, she went out of her way to know all my history before I got there and when the test results came back --her office made sure I knew them quickly so I would not worry.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
by Tiffany H on Sep 29th, 2008

I had just moved from a different state and to say the least, i was a little nervous about finding a great doctor. As soon as I walked through her office doors, I knew I had found the right place. The waiting time was minimal and Dr Gardner was very attentive to my comfort and needs. She helped with all my questions and was completely supportive. I would refer her to any woman in my family!

|  Dr. Gardner  |  show details
by Amy H. on Jul 23rd, 2008

I have never felt more comfortable anywhere. Her and her staff were very friendly and she made me feel welcome. She did not seem to be in a hurry and sat to listen to all my concerns. She answered all my questions and I know that if I have anymore questions, the answer is just a call away.