Overall Review

September 8th, 2015
Caution: Do not pay one dime out of pocket before you know what you are getting yourself into. Called to get info on bio identical hormones and was greeted by a very enthusiastic Amy. She went over the initial costs involved: 200 for urine test, approx. 395 to visit w dr., blood tests that should be covered by insurance. She suggested that I call my insurance company to verify the labs would be covered. I called and verified that, indeed Quest did take my insurance and the testing would be covered. So I called Amy back and said that I was ready to get started and to send me the urine test kit. Received the urine test kit and was excited to move forward. But wait...Quest doesn't test the urine, just the blood. That will be another 295. $895 later, and I know nothing and am on the hook for more tests (who knows what that will cost) and Dr. visits every 4-6 months. Get everything in writing first and you will avoid some unnecessary grief.

March 26th, 2012
NO transparency, lacking in full disclosure
I wanted to have my blood work run through my insurance company - at the lab recommended by Ms. Gorn. Ms. Gorn refused to provide the RX for the blood work because I wasn't doing it through her. I went to my primary care Dr., she wrote the RX for the lab work. The cost was $85 (to the insurance company - I paid nothing) -vs- the $400+ that Ms. Gorn was going to charge. The reason Ms. Gorn gave for not providing the RX was that she had opted out of insurance programs and that she would be participating in insurance fraud if she did so. Not true. I spoke to both my insurance company and the lab where the blood work was to be done and they were astonished at her reasoning, that NO insurance fraud would be involved in her writing a RX for the lab test.As it turns out, the lab work, if paid through Ms. Gorn is part of her income stream. She pays a negotiated amount and pockets the rest. THIS IS THE REASON she will not provide the RX....it has nothing to do with insurance fraud. They are not being forth coming in the facts, they are not providing full disclosure regarding their fees, and there is no transparency in their business practices.