Dr. Lisa Gurwitz MD Patient Reviews

2.0
  • 8 reviews

June 16th, 2016
Completely ruined my experience with my first born!!
I went to doctor Lisa Gurwitz when I was pregnant with my first born. First of all, when I told her that the dad didn't want to be present I could see the judgement coming from her face. Other than that I rarely saw her during the pregnancy I mostly went to my high-risk ob. But when it came to giving birth, there were quite a few things that she did that upset me and my family. I had been told by the hospital that the number of people allowed in the room is three. So I planned on my mother, grandma, and best friend/future god mother to be in the room with me, plus she was the one with the professional Nikkon camera. As soon as she walked in she said no, I only allow two so I had to ask my best friend to leave even though she stayed the whole night with me in the hospital. Then, I asked for a mirror to see my baby be born for myself. She moved the mirror out of the way and used forceps to pull my son out, without telling me to try to push harder or telling me he's not coming down fast enough, or even telling me or asking my permission to use the forceps. Then, once he was out, she didn't even ask if anyone wanted to cut the cord. She just cut it herself. And because the professional camera was passed to my mom to take pictures, something went wrong since she didn't know how to work the camera and ALL the pictures of my son being born got deleted. If there's one thing I regret in my life, it's that I didn't switch doctors as soon as I got that first negative vibe. I probably would have had a much better experience.

January 21st, 2014
Go else where
She's not a very good doctor. When i have concerns or i tell her i feel a certain way she doesn't look into it. She never calls to give me results of my blood work. She doesn't really talk to me she's a very distant doctor. Not social at all. She comes off as rude and she doesn't seem to care about her patients health.

October 29th, 2013
uncaring is an understatement.
My biggest regret was having landed in her office and ever meeting her.If I could give her a "NO" star I would, but unfortunately I can't.

May 31st, 2012
Worst doctor ever
This doctor has the worst bedside manner ever and I would NEVER recommend her to anyone I know. She was not easy to talk to and didnt seem to have time to answer any of my questions. She rushes through her patients and you are just another number too her, I will never go back to this office.

April 12th, 2012
Horrible bedside manner and uncaring
I choose this physician for my daughter due to location and convenience. This was her first child and I am so disappointed I chose her. As other reviewers mentioned she simply was uninterested and VERY cold. We wanted a circumcision for our grandson and she was not going to use numbing creme because it would take 45 minutes to order and get paperwork and she didn't have time. Luckily we were able to get a different physician to do. My daughter was in tears just over the thought. And don't get me started on the actual birth. My daughter and grandson suffered unnecessarily. Choose your physician carefully. Wish I read the reviews first!!

May 20th, 2011
Cold manner
I found Dr. Gurwitz to have an extremely cold bedside manner. She was recommended to me by another Dr. & I was surprised at her manner. She also would push me to use facilities that she was associated with for mammograms & bone density & seemed put off when I used my preferred facilities. After 5 yrs. of seeing her, I changed Drs. & couldn't have been happier.

November 3rd, 2009
Was going to perform unecessary surgery
I explained my symptoms and she said I needed surgery. After my appt I researched her diagnosis and I had none of those symptoms. I called her nurse and explained again my symptons, she had the "I'm busy" tone and said the diagnoses was correct. I did all the labwork, sick leave requests from work, etc. Well, lucky for me she broke her arm. One of the other doctors in the practice was going to perform the surgery instead. He wanted to see me post op. He came in and while reading Dr. Gurwitz' notes told me what the surgery was for. OMG I was not experiencing what Dr. Gurwitz had diagnosed. He told me I didn't need surgery and if I had it I would suffer painful sexual intercourse for the rest of my life. She explained nothing. Scarey experience, sorry about the arm but that will heal, what she almost did to me wouldn't have.

November 29th, 2008
Honestly when she would come into the room she would measure my stomach and ask if i had any questions, that was all. i was really disappointed this was my first pregnancy and i pretty much knew nothing. I didn't know how big she was, if i was healthy, if she was healthy. i knew my due date and that was it. I would not recommend her, i will be gettin a new doctor in a couple weeks.