Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by Kudzu. Yahoo. DrScore. CitySearch.
 |  outstanding  |  show details
by Ray R on Sep 29th, 2013

I have read some of the reviews on here and find them to be hardly believable. I have went to this doctor for years and have had nothing, but outstanding care. Appointments have been on time, when I have needed her after hours she always has called right away. My 83 year old mother who has passed on was always taken care of in the best possible manner. Great doctor!

|  Stay Away  |  show details
by Amy on Aug 31st, 2013

I used to be an established patient of Dr. Haworth until I had a horrible experience with her, and I am still not over it. I was 20, and the sickest I have ever been in my life and though she was aware of the situation, she turned me away and I had to seek help elsewhere. I agree with the other review that said as an MD she needs to really evaluate herself. She is not compassionate, caring, thorough, reliable, or there when you need her. I highly recommend you seek care elsewhere... I am in the profession now as a 27 year old and would never treat a patient the way she treated me.

|  Wonderful Doctor!  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2012

I have been a patient with Dr Haworth for over 8 years. I cannot believe the reviews that are written here. My personal experiences are exactly the opposite of the negative things reported below. I am a "complex" patient with multiple problems. Other doctors dismissed my symptoms as "all in my head" or sent me from one specialist to another, all of them unable to come to a definate diagnosis. Upon seeing Dr. Haworth for the first time, she very quickly narrowed the diagnosis to a short list of problems, the main one being fibromyalgia. She referred me to excellent specialists for pain management, and an endocronoligist for control of my diabetes and hypertension.Dr. Haworth is now a part of the MDVIP system. This allows her to spend almost unlimited time with her patients, explaining methods for treatment, and focusing on achieving a healthier lifestyle.Although the MDVIP membership is a concierge type arrangement, with a yearly fee, I feel the personalization that it affords me is worth the extra cost. I finally feel that I have the full attention of a physician who is partnering with me to help manage my medical needs.Dr Haworth has spent as long as an hour with me during a single visit discussing my varied maladies and has no trouble contacting the specialists that I have seen while I am sitting in the same room as her. I feel I am part of the conversation, not just a "subject" of discussion.Dr Haworth is one of the most caring, understanding family practitioners I have ever seen. (I'm almost 60, and have lived in several major metropolitan areas of this country. I would stack Dr Haworth up against any doctor from anywhere and she would come out head and shoulders above the majority of them.)As you probably have guessed, I would HIGHLY RECOMEND Dr Haworth as a family practitioner. But be prepared to be part of the process of improving or maintaining your health. You get out what you put in to the process.

|  Excellent!  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

Very attentive to patient care; spends whatever time is needed. Incredibly knowledgeable on her field.

Jun 2nd, 2009

Great doctor!

|  Best GP I've Ever Had  |  show details
by Darling221 on Jan 6th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. Haworth is an excellent and thorough doctor - when I went in complaining of vague problems (insomnia, heart palpitations, anxiety and other symptoms that had been diagnosed as stress), she had full bloodwork run on me after only one appointment, and we discovered I had an extreme case of hyperthyroidism. With 4x the regular thyroid hormone level, I could have died of a heart attack at the age of 24. She personally called an endocrinologist and insisted they see me immediately, and I began treatment. I feel that Dr. Haworth saved my life, and will always be grateful. The only issue I've run into is the office staff can be less than polite, and occasionally it takes a day or two to get a call back.

by KC on Nov 19th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Not only did she explain what was wrong, she had the most comforting bedside manor I have ever had... Thank you Dr. Haworth you are the best!

May 29th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I have read other reviews here that are so similiar to our situation that it clearly shows that Dr. Lisa Haworth needs to take a hard look at herself. She wrote us a letter firing my 80 year old mother as a patient. I called Dr. Haworth 4 times during the

|  Very Negative and Defensive  |  show details
by MikeBement on May 28th, 2008 on kudzu.com

My mother read strong positive reviews about Dr. Haworth and thought she would like to have her as her primary doctor. Dr. Haworth has been very negative and defensive of my attempts to obtain reasonable medical care for my mother. One comment was "I don't know how I can please you." Another was "You won't get a power wheelchair on the first try." Mom fell and happened to be scheduled to have a CAT scan the following morning. I called Dr. Haworth's office to suggest that she have the radiologist report on the injured area near her coccyx. I received no return call. In the morning I recalled the office and was told that she perhaps didn't get the message. A staff member called back and said that the doctor advised taking her to the emergency room even though she was aware that the average wait is 8 hours in the emergency room and that we were going to the radiologist within the hour. I see it as Lisa Haworth trying to cover herself and having no interest in trying to help her patient or those, like me, who are trying to help the patient. We are now looking for a caring doctor. MB

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
by chaotic on Nov 13th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I have never had a doctor act as unprofessionally as Dr. Haworth did today. Her treatment of my family was unacceptable and I consider her to be unethical.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  Unprofessional doctor who is too busy to see patients  |  show details
by chaotic35 at Citysearch on Nov 13th, 2007 on citysearch.com

I started seeing Dr. Haworth 5 years and in that time she has become less and less accessible to her patients. Forget trying to get in there if you are actually sick. She tells you one thing at one appointment and does a complete turnaround at the next. She is a big fan of running unnecessary and expensive tests and than not having the time to follow up with you about the results. My advice........skip this doctor and go to urgent care. You will get in faster and be much less confused by the results.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
by chaotic35 on Nov 13th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Nov 13th, 2007 on yahoo.com

She dismissed our family as patients because my husband complained to the office staff that he had to wait over an hour in the waiting room. He was not rude. He simply stated a fact. She dismissed the whole family!

|  Very Good Doctor  |  show details
by lanie89052 on Oct 23rd, 2007 on kudzu.com

I have just started going to Dr. Haworth and must say I am extremely happy with her care. She is very through and shows a real interest in you. I did not feel at all rushed like you do with some doctors. I also found her staff to be very friendly and knowledgeable

|  One of The Best Around  |  show details
by Lindylu on Jun 18th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I have been a patient of Dr Haworth's for almost 2 yrs now and find her to be one of the best in the area. She has a great bedside manner and her staff in wonderful. Kudo's to Linda her nurse.

May 2nd, 2007 on yahoo.com

don't bother calling: If you need to get a hold of this doctor beware that even though thier answering machine says the hours start at 8:30 the machine still picks up at 8:45 and sometimes beyond.