Dr. Lisa Hitchins MD Patient Reviews

June 3rd, 2013
Great Lady
I have been going to her for months now getting injections into a few scars I have and saw improvement. We also love talking and one of those conversations led up to me telling her about my choice of career being music. She then gave me the email for a lady that runs the cypress symphony and I am just grateful for her. Sweet, social, and professional. If I had more than two thumbs I would put them all up

October 16th, 2012
Horrible office staff
The experience was mediocre with 2 of my children, but when an immediate need arose the office staff was rude and not helpful at all.

August 8th, 2012
Dr. Hitchens is a very caring, warm professional people. I love her new office and will continue my care with her. I couln't ask for a better doctor. My parents as well as in laws see her also, thats how wonderful she is!

July 23rd, 2012
Love, love, love!!!
Dr. Hutchins and her staff are AWESOME!!! Highly recommend!

May 7th, 2012
Is good at cosmetic dermatology but very weak at diagnosing "real" dermatological problems.

April 13th, 2012
Dr Hitchins has moved her practice. I'm so glad to see her on her own. I would follow Dr Hitchins anywhere. She is a very caring doctor who will get down next you and talk. She's very easy to understand and it aware of the high cost of medicine. She always has coupons and instructions ready. Her staff at the new office is so friendly. Felt very comfortable! I will definitely bring my husband and two teenage girls back to see her.

February 20th, 2012
Overall a very good experience. I recieved a referal to a very good dermatological surgeon from Dr. Hitchins and all went well for a great outcome. Will definitely use Dr. Hitchins again should I have the need for a Dermatologist.

October 5th, 2011
Was just too busy I guess
I had prepared a list before my visit to make sure I got my questions answered and didn't forget anything. When Dr. Hitchins walked in with an entourage of 3 people, she politely introduced herself asked me why I was there. When I pulled out my list, written on the back of a business card (it wasn't a child's Chirstmas list) she told me to pick the top 2 or 3 things on the list - we wouldn't have time to discuss them all. I scrambled to pick them.The first she told me was "nothing" and that her nurse would explain.The second was a curious bump on my leg. She agreed it was curious and reached for a cylinder to freeze it off. That took all of 45 seconds. She said it wouldn't hurt and to call her if it didn't go away. It didn't go away. I didn't call her.My final request was to have my moles looked at for skin cancer concerns. She asked me to pick which moles I wanted looked at, and I explained that I was more worried about the ones I don't see or don't know about. She stood there silent until I picked two moles, which she glanced at and declared fine. Then she bid me farewell. The nurse swooped in to inform of skin options I had for my face and products the doctor recommended. Then she walked me to a counter where another staff member gleefully showed me expensive skin products and regimens I could use to look better. And I left no better off than when I came when I crusty frozen spot on my leg.

September 21st, 2011
Lisa Hitchins DOES NOT care about patients/Rude receptionists...
Do NOT see this doctor! She does not care about her patients/nor does she care whether you are a patient of hers or not.On my teen daughter's first appointment, I picked up my children early from school in order to make the appointment on time. Mind you, it was the very first time for us going to this office. I did not know exactly how long it would take, considering I had to pick up kids from different schools and traffic (miscalculated because I had never been there). I tried my best to be early or on time, but we were actually about 15 minutes late. Upon arrival I gave the receptionist the questionnaire I had already filled out at home and insurance cards and signed in. Then, I am told that I may NOT be able to EVEN SEE THE DOCTOR!!?? One of the receptionist/assistants goes back to tell the doctor we are there or something to that effect. The doctor does not even come out---she tells the receptionist/asst. to tell me that I need to reschedule because we were late. I could not believe this---this person does not care what a person has gone through to get there....not the least bit of understanding!!! So I asked for my papers and money back (they are quick to take the copayment) and was leaving. The rude receptionists had a smirk on their faces. I would not recommend this office/doctor to anyone. If you want to have a pleasant experience and meet friendly people --go elsewhere.

July 13th, 2010
Risky Haste and Incomplete TX
I have a dignosis history of skin cancer. When scheduling the appointment I provided information regarding what the appointment was needed for. This included, a full body check for skin cancer, skin tag removal and three other skin issues. Upon entering the exam room, I was again asked what I needed to see the doctor for. When I told the assistant I had a list to go over, so I did not forget the five issues, she stated that I should not pull the list out and just tell the doctor as she went along with the full body check. "I thought this was a rather strange request, but went along with it". As the doctor did the exam, I started to tell her of my areas of concern. Each time I asked a question she rattled off a diagnosis and looked at the nurse and told her what she, the nurse, needed to do. She would then say to me "the nurse will go over that with you" During the 15 minutes with the doctor, I told her twice that I had a skin tag to be removed. First thing I knew she was leaving the room and told the nurse to go over everything with me. I was by then, somewhat shocked by the abruptness and rudeness of the physician so I just shut down. I received some very brief instructions from the nurse and was sent on my way with a couple of prescriptions, and directions to use an over the counter remedy on my back. I was told to simply apply a small amount of this "Bengay type cream" when needed. As I walked out to the parking lot, I did not know whether to laugh or cry. I still had the large skin tag which was one of the primary reasons for my visit. I was also amazed that the physician did not comment on it when doing a fully body check. Believe me it is hard to miss and is in a place where it is continuously irritated. On the way home I dropped off the prescriptions and bought the over the counter cream. When I got home I was in a hurry to take care of some outside chores so I quickly applied the over the counter cream to my back and left the house. I applied the cream before leaving the house because the problem was more pronunced when I would be working in the heat. I was not told to take any precautions when using this cream. I was working outside away from home when my back started to burn like fire. By the time I was able to return home, my back was blistered. The cream is not bengay like and is in fact a pepper based cream that should not be used when working in the heat. My back was covered so it was not sun but heat that caused the burn with the cream. One would think someone would think to warn a patient of this affect, particularly if you lived in Houston and it was the middle of the summer. I now have a lighter wallet and a blistered back. I still have the large irritated skin tag. Tomorrow I will see another physician for the new issue and the old untreated issue.

April 8th, 2010
Great bedside manner
Dr Hitchins is definitely not a dumb blonde. She is caring, concerned, smart, and funny. She has a great bedside manner and is very professional in her diagnosis and treatment. I highly recommend.

April 8th, 2010
Satisfied patient
I've seen Dr Hitchins several times. Each visit has been excellent. The doctor and her staff are very friendly, professional, and caring. They a ...