Internist, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs)
Video profile

by Diane Arnette on Oct 9th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Kopas since my original doctor retired and she joined the group. I have asthma and have gotten sicker over the years but she has always been there for me. I have gained over 100 lbs. due to the fact that I have to take prednisone in order to breathe. I lost some weight but have now gained it back but we are trying to wean me off the medication again. Dr. Kopas has been kind to me the entire time. I started going to this group when I worked near the medical center. I live in Deer Park and am now retired and have to get someone to take me. Everyone says I should change doctors because of the distant but the drive is worth it. I will not change and I would recommend her to anyone. Her staff is courteous and the other doctors are very competent and nice as well. Don't want to trade her for anything.

2nd Appointment...and I've been guilted show details 2nd Appointment...and I've been guilted
Aug 25th, 2014

I have had shortness of breath for many years and have always seen a general practice Dr. Dr Kopas was recommended to me. My first visit started out well with good communication, but then I was lead into a trap when the subject turned to my weight. I was told that I should have weight reduction surgery, because one of her patients had it, lost 100 lbs and now has her Asthma under control. I was not only shamed for being overweight by 65 lbs., but told it was my choice to be so. On my second visit, I was having a severe difficulty breathing. I was again told that my weight was an issue. I feel that Dr Kopas is more concerned with my weight then my breathing issues. No doubt, I would breath easier and generally feel better if I lost weight. She neglected to understand that 15 years ago when my breathing difficulties started, I weighed 70 lbs less. I don't like to be referred to a weight loss surgery Dr. so a finders fee can be paid.

Awesome Doctor!- Awesome experience! show details Awesome Doctor!- Awesome experience!
by Gayle on Mar 16th, 2014

When I finally decided I needed to see someone for my shortness of breath- I found her on my list of providers. It took no time at all to get scheduled. When I arrived the staff greeted me and made me feel comfortable. By the time I checked in, next thing I knew about an hour had passed, and I was already waiting for my prescription to be sent to my pharmacy and paying my copay. It really was a great experience! I would definitely recommend her!

Treated Badly show details Treated Badly
Dec 4th, 2013

Dr. Kopas is the worst doctor I have ever experienced! There is no communication, she delivers sloppy office visits, everytime I had an appointment she acted like she had never seen me before. She is not proactive! Her office staff is a train wreck! I had a procedure with her and received no follow up at all. She has zero compassion!

Patient show details Patient
by Alisa Michelle Grant on Aug 14th, 2013

Best Critical Care Lung Doctor in Houston. Not only is she very knowledgeable in her field, she is very caring and compassionate with her patients. I met her in December 2012 when I arrived at St. Luke's ER suffering from a severe asthma attack that could have potentially been fatal. After a week in the hospital, I was discharged and immediately made an appointment and was seen in 4 days. The wait time in her office was less than 10 minutes, and the care I received from her and her staff was above and beyond exceptional. Dr. Kopas took the time to explain all of my lung issues and what her plan of action was to fix them. I am doing much better than I was 8 month ago, although I still have a few hurdles to overcome. I feel as long as I have her as my lung specialist, I will continue on the path to better health.

Mar 20th, 2013

Outstanding service , I trust her advice

Dr. couldn't care less show details Dr. couldn't care less
by Ruth on Feb 21st, 2013

I had an appointment with Dr Kopas on Jan. 31, 2013. The wait time was extremely long. I saw her had an xray and breathing test. She wanted to get records from a previous doctor. She said she would look over these records and call me with results of her test and talk over her findings. It is Feb. 22, 2013 and no one from her office has called!

Front Office window help needs refreshing show details Front Office window help needs refreshing
Jul 12th, 2012

Front office staff were both uncaring and border line unfriendly. Back office staff very nice, caring and efficient.

Apr 20th, 2012

I am very fortunate to have found Dr. Kopas to treat my asthma. She has made a difference in my quality of life.

Dr. Kopas is an excellent physician. show details Dr. Kopas is an excellent physician.
Mar 8th, 2012

Dr. Kopas is knowledgeable, thorough, efficient, and caring.She also has a staff of focused, quality administrative personnel.

Nov 29th, 2011

This was my first visti with her as my doctor in this same office retired last year. I appreciated her care and time looking at my background and assessing my history before making a diagnosis.

Great personality show details Great personality
by Michael Hyde on Dec 6th, 2010

Very empathetic and really listened to me. She's very good. Highly recommend!