Dr. Lisa Matzer MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 22nd, 2014
My favorite doctor
I picked her as my cardiologist based upon the recommendation of one of my co-workers at the studio. Dr Matzer explains things very well and I like the fact that she is very complete in looking for the solution to the problem I was having. I had seen another cardiologist who ignored what I was saying and said it must just be nerves. Dr Matzer was able to figure out that there was something wrong with one of my heart valves and that was causing my symptoms.

April 27th, 2013
Brillant Doctor
Dr Matzer is the great. I was having these burning pains in my chest. I had gone to another cardiologist who told me the pain was anxiety and there was nothing wrong with me. Dr Matzer listened to what I had to say and was very meticulous about finding out what was wrong with me. I also like that she does what is best for the patient and not what is going to make her the most money. Many of my friends who have gone to cardiologists and have had nuclear stress tests done at the cardiologist office on equipment that was not state of the art. Dr Matzer determined that I needed a nuclear stress test and sent me to the one of the best testing centers in the country so that I would get an accurate result. Then with the results she was able to give me medications that made my chest pains go away.

June 26th, 2012
Good at Preventive Care
I went to see the doctor because I had seen her on the Doctors TV show and she seemed to be an expert about the effect of stress on the heart and blood pressure. I have high blood pressure and my internist was not on the ball about treating it. Dr Matzer was very good at explaining to me the effects of high blood pressure on my heart and getting my blood pressure under control.

June 23rd, 2012
Brilliant doctor, Listens, Thinks, Cares, Acts
Her credentials are outstanding, but what you can't tell by a name and specialty is that she has an honorary doctorate from Patch Adams Academia which is the perfect complement to her brilliance in cardiology. It is a rare person that can treat the whole person, not merely the "condition". It is a rare doctor who transcends the doctor/person barrier and is respected more in her natural authenticity.

April 20th, 2012
Found the doctor on the internet. I went to her as I had a fast heart rate and a strange feeling in my chest. I had gone to urgent care for the same problem but they said everything was okay. Dr Matzer was very thorough and took what I said seriously. She put a monitor on me and was able to figure out what was wrong.

March 1st, 2012
Smart Doctor
I saw the doctor for an irregular heart beat and some shortness of breath. I had been having it for a while. My regular doctor had done an EKG but did not find anything. Dr Matzer figured out the cause of my problem.

January 13th, 2012
Caring Cardiologist
I went to see Dr Matzer because I have a family history of heart disease. I wanted to get a program started so that I could prevent getting a heart attack. Dr Matzer was very helpful in getting me going on a program to prevent me from getting heart problems.

December 7th, 2011
My experience with Dr Matzer has been nothing but great. I have seen her about 5 times. She has always been kind, professional, and competent. I have been treated for high blood pressure and a rapid heart beat by her.

June 27th, 2011
Great doctor and human being
Its a great doctor that really care for you. I highly recommend her.

April 2nd, 2011
Cardiologist who cares
I went to see Dr. Matzer because I was having a racing heart. A friend of mine at Warner Bros recommended me to her and since I work in Burbank it was very convenient. I was hesitant to go because I had a bad experience before with a cardiologist who was very arrogant. Dr. Matzer made me feel at ease. As a women, I felt more comfortable going to a female doctor. She placed a 24 hour heart monitor on me and figured out what was wrong with.

September 27th, 2010
Super Cardiologist
I am VERY PICKY and don't like to go to a doctor's office cuz just can't find a doctor that cares...FINALLY, the search has ended and I have one now. ...

September 15th, 2010
Best Internist in Burbank
I found Dr Matzer on the internet. She has a lovely bedside manner. She's easy to talk to and very thorough. She is accomodating in her appointments and I've been able to squeeze in to see her when needed. I generate hate seeing doctors, but I don't get nervous at all seeing her. She is very attentive; discusses your situation totally and is very knowledgeable