Dr. Lisa Murphy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 5th, 2015
Unprofessional office accommodations, unsanitary atmosphere. Strange doctor, unkempt. .....never got test results. Don't know where she went, either.

July 30th, 2015
She was awful. Do not see this terrible person.

April 15th, 2015
Just left her practice; no notice to her patients

May 7th, 2014
Terrible care, poorly run office
Dr. Murphy didn't bother to spend any time with me as a patient. I spent more time with her technician having my blood pressure taken. The doctor didn't ask me any questions other than if I had been to the ER since my last visit. All information was given to me in the form of copies of old textbooks. I would have been better off with WebMD as my physician. She never did a head-to-toe assessment. When I had labwork done, I had to call the office repeatedly to get the results. More than once, the office told me they didn't have (i.e., lost) my results and I was told to call the lab myself. Completely unprofessional. I wish I had realized sooner.

January 29th, 2014
Awful
The office canceled on me twice then when I finally was able to come in I had to wait 3 + hours just to be seen! This isn't the first time either. When I was pregnant with my son I use to have to wait a long time to be seen for 5 minutes . Only gave her anther chance because she is so close to where I live . Never again will I go to her or recommend her to anyone.

December 19th, 2013
Completely dissatisfied!
I would never recommend this dr to anyone! I went to see her about 6 months after my thyroid cancer surgery. I was having severe pain and had issues with fibroid tumors. She had done 2 biopsies only after I repeatedly asked for them. I was afraid they were cancer. She was concerned about me having Genesee County Health Plan and her not getting paid due to a previous patient experience. I seen her over a period of 2 1/2 years.Still having severe pain and bleeding. She just said unless I could get better insurance, she wouldn't do the surgery. She said we could just watch my symptoms for cancer and when I had asked what them would be...she said "unfortunately everything you have going on" I told her "Really!" So that was my last visit. I got 2 second opinions and they agreed that I needed surgery. At this point I couldn't do everyday functions due to the pain and severe bleeding. Talked to my cancer dr and he was discusted by her behavor and he did my surgery. Very poorly run office as well.

June 17th, 2013
Wonderful doctor
Dr. Murphy has delivered all four of my children. She is great. Very easy to talk to and answers all questions professionally. I would definitely recommend her.

November 6th, 2012
Will never return
If I could rate Dr. Murphy lower than one star I would, especially for bedside manner. After suffering a miscarriage, she was not compassionate at all, and was more concerned about finding an outlet to plug in her laptop than talking to me, her patient, who was sitting on the examination table sobbing. Most of her office staff act as if the patients are a bother. Trying to get anyone to answer the phone when calling the office is a pain, usually I am forced to leave a voicemail and then I receive a call back days later. Completely unacceptable. I have since switched physicians and looking back, I don't know why I stayed with her as long as I did. My new physician is absolutely wonderful.

January 3rd, 2012
over all a good doctor
If your in a hurry this is not the place for you to go. I have had to wait over 2 hours several times. But she is a very busy doctor and shes very caring. She's jokable. I had her with all three of my kids. She's great, the wait's not!

December 28th, 2011
Very good doctor. There have been many times I've waited to see her though and either had to wait over an hour, or told I needed to reschedule after sitting there a while. Maybe it would be ideal if she had a back up doctor there. Very inconvenient when you are on a schedule.