Dr. Lisa Nason MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.8

September 29th, 2016
Horrible Person/So-called MD
This "MD" mainly works as an IME for insurance companies basically to belittle or discredit serious injuries. However regardless of why a patient is sent to see you , as a "MD" or human being for the matter .A person should be treated with respect and dignity. She displayed neither. On top of my already traumatic accident this lady triggered my anxiety . I left her office in tears , and am filing a complaint with the NYS medical board. She is a disgusting human being ,regardless of believe in god and Karma and this lady will one day find herself in a situation in which will cause her to take a look in the mirror and realize what an ugly person "she is . And I don't mean ugly physically ! What happened to the oath these doctors take ?

July 7th, 2016
sandman
recently went to this doctor very rude , dont listen, a real pain stayed in her office for exam all of 5 minutes just for her to say nothing is wrong to my insurance company stay away

February 11th, 2015
Horrible Doctor with no bedside manner
Unfortunatly I was sent by insurance co. Dirty hole in the wall office Never have I attended a Doctor who left they door open where she performed her examination and questions while the rooms with other patients patients waiting were also open. Everything can be seen or heard. So much for confidentiality. Barley examined me, didnt look at me when she asked very vague questions nor when I gave the answer. Just checked the boxes that insurance companies who want to deny pay her to check. Very Rude ignornant staff. This clown in the office was more like a bar bouncer

August 29th, 2013
A psycho, stay away
I was summoned to an "exam" with Dr. Nason by the insurance company of a cab that hit me in Manhattan. She occupies a horribly dirty office in the financial district where, evidently, they also sell breadsticks and salad dressing! After waiting over an hour I was summoned into the presence of Dr Nason, who not only neglected to introduce herself, but also refused to answer me when I asked who she was. She "examined" me for all of 4 minutes and 11 seconds, which included a time out while she chastised me for my "behavior." I wonder why a surgeon has to work out of such a horrible place and is not actually practicing her specialty. Something is very odd about this woman, but I don't know what.

March 5th, 2013
She's very rude and tried to hurt me
about some ago I was sent by the Insurance Company to see that so called "Dr" Lisa Nason. First I had to drive about an hour away and when I got there after paying for parking I had to sit there and wait for about 45 minutes. when I was called into her office, which is a very tiny and cramped space. Her receptionist told me to sit down, then the doctor told me to take off my jacket, while she was writing with her head down, never made eye contact with me. Her receptionist was in the room, but stayed behind just to watch me as she was noting every move I made and writing them down. To my surprise she never remove my shirt to visually inspect the area of the injury. Then she tried to hurt me by forcing me to do things that my injury hinders me from doing. It was as if she didn't care about my state at all, and the whole thing lasted about 3 minutes. I have never had any exam in my life that lasted less than 30 minutes.

October 14th, 2012
Stay away
Dr nason is a hack .she has no interest in listening to your issues.

October 7th, 2012
CLEARLY FRAUD
I was send to this doctor by my insurance company, because of my injured elbow and hand and my regular doctor was taking about surgery. Dr. Nason (what an Idiot)insists that nothing is wrong with me, because my "SHOULDER"!! is fine. She did not even bother to found out what is the real problem! This person should be stripped from her medical license immediately!

July 12th, 2011
Fraud
Doctor routinely lies in her practice. While it is understood that when performing an "independent medical examination" on behalf of an insurance company the physician will be, shall we say, consevative, Ms. Nason is so poorly regarded that certain judges won't even regard her reports as evidence. She is routinely found to have ignored pertinent medical facts and not one single person seeing her on an IME basis has received an honest assessment. She should be investigated for fraud and stripped of her license.

June 15th, 2011
Unethical conduct
I went to Dr. Lisa Nason and had a disturbing view of unethical procedures.She is affiliated with a no fault insurance company. She is deamining unprofessional, and will not follow the principles of medicine. I will never recommend her.

August 25th, 2010
Excellent orthopedic specialist
My experience with Dr. Nason has been exceptional. She has excellent training/background/experience, is extremely knowledgeable, and you can tell that she really cares about her patients.I definitely would recommend her to other patients.

February 6th, 2010
Works for insurance company
This doctor works and is fully paid by multiple insurance companies to deem patients fit for work who are really disabled.I have been 100% disabled for two years, been to my own doctor hundreds of times. Prescribed morphine, fentanyl, dilaudid, oxycodone, to name but a few, to alleviate the pain from my serious back injury in 2008 (today it's 2010)I went to this doctor for an IME, and waited there for over an hour because the receptionist (a 20 year old kid) forgot to give me the proper form to fill out. I asked why it was taking so long and they didn't even have me on the schedule, despite checking in and giving a copy of my NY State ID.Eventually I seen the doctor, Lisa Nason, for all of about thirty SECONDS.She didn't listen to a single word I said and reported that I was ok, canceled my physical therapy, canceled my request for an MRI, and said there was nothing wrong with me...I have been to four (4) different doctors, two of which said I needed surgery, and the other two gave me 100%, yes, ONE HUNDRED PERCENT disability.STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR. And if you have an IME scheduled with Lisa Nason, call your lawyer IMMEDIATELY and request another doctor.She is a total fraud, stay away, for your own good.

May 29th, 2009
PAID OFF BY INSURANCE COMPANY OR JUST INCOMPETENT?
AS AN IME DOCTOR SHE DID NOT COMPLETE A FULL EXAMINATION. THE MRI AND MEDICAL RECORDS WERE NOT USED AS A REFERENCE. SHE STATED SHE CONDUCTED EXAMS THAT SHE COULD NOT HAVE CONDUCTED IN THE LESS THAN 5 MINUTES I WAS IN THE OFFICE. WHERE WALKING IN AND OUT OF OFFICE SHE NEVER TOOK HER EYES OFF THE DESK. WHEN I WAS TOLD TO GET UP ON THE TABLE I NEEDED ASSISTANCE AND YET HER REPORT STATED THERE IS NO DISABILITY EVIDENT. AMAZING THAT A SPINAL INJURY WITH 3 INJURED DISCS HEALED THEM SELVES.