Overall Review

3.0

October 11th, 2016
Horrible Medical Office
In the past 7 years of being a patent of this office I have actually seen Dr Lisa Noya maybe twice. She is very rushed and it seems like she is not even listening. Her other doctors and medical staff have such a high turnover that you may never see the same provider twice. Some of the office staff is very nice, the girl who does referrals is very knowledgeable, but the billing person is incompetent and very. rude. It is now much harder to schedule an appointment and takes longer to get in.

May 23rd, 2016
If you just want a Dr with good bedside manner Dr. Noya is OK. But if you want good health care she is definitely lacking. The management of her office is a disaster. Just trying to talk to a human on the phone takes an act of God. I was supposed to have monthly followups following my medical issue, but for the second appointment I was told I had to wait two months. On my first important checkup scheduled to specifically review a particular test procedure she did not have the test results nor had she reviewed them. She was ready to dismiss me from the appointment when I had to remind her why I was there. Prescription refills are a nightmare. I had to physically visit the office on several occasions to get scripts renewed because she was non responsive to my pharmacy. Even my pharmacist rolled his eyes saying they have lots of problems with getting scripts refilled by her. She ignored two attempts by my pharmacy to renew a script and on the THIRD attempt she denied it without informing me. This is a drug that is dangerous to miss and or stop suddenly as it could cause seisures. I met one helpful member of her staff who confided in me that their administration issues were a mess. I have since visited other doctors about my health care and am more convinced that she is no expert in the specific field of my issue as she represents she is. Several decisions she made were in stark contrast to the experts in the field and my current doctors have expressed that she is in "over her head" with regard to my issue.

March 22nd, 2014
Great Staff, Lousy Doctors
After reading all reviews on this sight I am undecided. I don't know if I want to continue seeing this doctor. I was told I would see one doctor and arrived for my appointment to find I was seeing someone else. Then I was told that was a mistake and I should be okay with it since Dr. Noya is the best doctor. Does that mean they have bad doctors here? It sounds like it from reading the comments below, and the positive comments read like they were written by doctors or people who work in the office. No one would call a patient a "problem patient" except someone who worked for a doctor! I decided to stay for the appointment because it's really hard to find doctors in Albuquerque, but it seemed the doctor was unprepared. She was late and acted like this was my fault. She couldn't find some of my information and acted like this was my fault. I was beginning to think she wasn't even a doctor. Aren't doctors supposed to help you help yourself feel better? I don't think she understands the words "health care" or "provider" or "professional."

February 4th, 2014
Highly Recommmend
I have been a patient of Dr. Noya's for about 5 years now & am very shocked to see the review from 1/22/14. I have always had very pleasant experiences with her office & all of her staff. The front is always so welcoming & all the different doctors are knowledgeable & courteous. I had a billing issue in the past & I spoke with a billing person, since the front staff could not help me & the issue was quickly resolved. I have never seen a patient be treated with disrespect in this office. There used to be a long wait to see the providers but they have become much more efficient & I am grateful for that, but would be willing to wait to see the doctors because they actually DO CARE! If anyone has had a hard time at this office it is probably because they were a difficult patient to begin with & would probably be better somewhere else. As for me I highly recommend this office to anyone seeking a primary doctor!

January 22nd, 2014
Inefficiency Rules This Office
I tried to leave some items unchecked on my review because some aspects of this practice, such as the courtesy of staff and bedside manner, are so shockingly bad that I cannot even give them one star. While it may be true that Dr. Noya is compassionate on your first visit, and clearly shows preferential treatment toward others in her profession; she is also temperamental, difficult to approach; everyone in the office is always too busy to help; not one prescription written by a physician in this office was ever handled correctly by staff members who often hold prescriptions for days before passing them on to a doctor at their own discretion, most of the staff is shockingly rude and their telephone responses are abusive and inappropriate, in fact I would call them bullies. There is a serious problem at this practice, which could easily be corrected, but Dr. Noya is too proud to admit changes must be made. Unfortunately, if you do stand up for your rights as a patient it is guaranteed that someone in the office, including Dr. Noya, will find a way to seek revenge for your words or actions when you insist on an appropriate doctor/patient relationship.

May 16th, 2013
Patient
I have never been so disrespected by an office staff and physician ever! This is a horrible practice!

May 3rd, 2013
Way too slow for too little of help!
I've been going to this DR office for over half a year, Each visit takes them an hour and a half to get me In and out (these are 15 minute appointments mind you). They are very unwilling to help you if you have a problem. Yesterday i went in, Waited 15 minutes to get into the room (no problem there) then waited an hour and 20 minutes IN THE ROOM till i finally saw Dr Noya. I had been sick from thailand, and had hurt my neck and she basically told me to use an inhaler (that i already have at my house and wasn't working) and to get a massage. I got to see her 5 MAYBE 10 minutes out of the hour and 45 minutes it took me to get out of there. Waste of my 2 hours, 30 dollar co-pay, and my patience. I should of saved that 30 dollars for the massage and laid my butt in bed for 2 hours and i still would of had the same amount of information that she gave me from that meaningless appointment. No i wont be back!

March 22nd, 2013
Poor customer service
Because of changes in my insurance provider I recently signed on with Dr. Noya as my Primary Care Provider. At an initial interview she seemed pleasant and caring. However, when I recently attempted to make an appointment for a routine physical exam I ended up with an extremely poor impression of her office staff. Calls were made three different days during the week. Each time I was told that a staff member would get back with me, but no one ever returned my calls. When I finally did succeed in speaking with the office manager she was extremely rude, telling me that I could not schedule an appointment with Dr. Noya--even 4-6 weeks in advance "because I don't have her schedule. Check back with us at the end of April" ! I was informed that they could schedule me with another physician. But what is the point of having a Primary Care Provider if you are unable to see her and are instead shunted off to anyone else who happens to be available? I have had unfortunate results in the past with this kind of treatment.

June 14th, 2012
Dr. Lisa Noya is AWESOME!!!
I recommend Dr. Noya to my friends and those who want a caring, brilliant, and extremely thorough doctor of internal medicine. Over the past three years, I have seen her and am very impressed that she takes the time to answer questions, do an exam, and order tests and/or referrals she deems necessary for my health. On top of that, she is one of the few MDs still in NM that takes Medicare!!! Thank you, Dr. Noya for ALL that you do.

May 17th, 2012
The times I have seen Dr. Noya I have enjoyed her and she seems very fair and competent and caring.Having to see a PA or CNP isn't the best of choices.Office staff argues and bantors each time I have a serious important question.For years lab work is done prior to your annual. This year the staff said NO...come in for your annual then we send you to get your labs. The first thing I was ask 2 weeks ago by the CNP was did you bring your labs? As I explained to her what the front desk had said and how I questioned this and having to pay a second co pay her response was no...labs are always done first I will talk to them about this.After waiting 10 days for my blood results, I called yesterday and again today. Only to be told I need to come in pay another co pay and go over these results. They want the co pay with no medical needs being met by me. Once again the front desk staff argued...I told them not to bantor with me I was the patient. I just want to see Dr. Noya...I just want to be told what my results are without me the patient having to advocate. To see Dr. Noya is 2 months...I have issues now. Very very dis-appointing when you need medical issues addressed. Her staff needs to be taught manners..and This co pay situation seems like the financial issue here. LABS are always done first..then the annual...and discussion and treatments are discussed then. With this office staff it is always about the co pays and here is why and then argumentative...sad watching medicine go this way. Dis-appointing. I ask to speak with Dr. Noya or the CNP that did my annual...NOPE ...co pay! Sad.

April 23rd, 2012
I moved here recently and needed a new primary care Doctor. Between other things I suffer from chronic pain. I was very upset because Dr Noya would literally shake her head not knowing how to help me. Next time just send me to somebody who does.

June 14th, 2011
Dr. Noya is Outstanding
As a pharmacist for 31 years I am very critical of the medical profession. I found Dr. Noya to be absolutely a breath of fresh air! She is knowledgable, caring, and attentive. Frankly Dr. Noya saved my life. I was fortunate enough to have swithed to Dr Noya as my primary care physician. She went over and above to help me. Her staff is very friendly and capable. I have recommended Dr. Noya to my family and friends and all have given her great reviews. I highly recommend her.