Overall Review

2.7

October 18th, 2016
Leaving this practice
The one thing this practice has going for it is location. I liked the xray department, but they have since moved out. Their coordination of benefits and billing Sept staff are horrible. Getting medical records sent to the next physician is going to be interesting. It will probably be as bad as getting referrals to physician within my insurance plan which they seriously dropped the ball on leaving 10,000 in debt. At my age, that's an entire years income. I didn't actually get to meet my Dr. Until 2 years after I joined the practice. I feel used and abused. Had such high hopes for them. Goodbye!

October 6th, 2016
Terrible office staff and experience.. Money hungry
This review is strictly for front office staff. The Phys Assistant was wonderful but she is retiring shortly. I was immediately attacked at the front office requesting a 75.00 payment up front for services rendered. I was there for a physical follow up which should be covered 100% by my insurance HRA and I should not be responsible to come out of pocket until that is used up. They tried to force me to sign papers in regards to their "office policies" that I did not agree with. When I refused to sign over and over again and requested they call my insurance company whom they are contracted with they proceeded to pull me in an office and tag team me by the Doctor (who I found out later was just a chiropractor) and the office manager for 20 minutes and would not allow me to follow up with the doctor about the results of my physical which is why I was there in the first place. When they finally agreed to allow me to complete my follow up my blood pressure (which is usually normal) was taken by their nurse, spiked way above normal. I got the feeling by the office reception team that my health was not important to them at all and the only thing they cared about was their money up front. Not only was I embarrassed by their actions but I was belittled and angered at the whole situation. Would not return to this office again and I hope the doctor is made aware of their staffs actions.

September 13th, 2016
Patient
It was nothing good about this place. She conitiune to fail me. Still waiting for the MRI results which is now weeks.

October 7th, 2015
Not what it used to be...
We have been using this office for the past 4 years. I honestly was happy ,but over time its changed, its nothing like it used to be, i am discused and dissapointed after our last few appointments they have lost compassion for patience and have a cant be bothered attitude more concerned about money over morals (doctors,practitioners ) yeah its convenient,at a price to its patience. The wait time to be seen went from just a few mins to up to a hour, they dont care the way we are treated because they feel the office is convenient and no one will go anywhere, with that mentality and the rate this office is going they will learn the hard way, its on a downward spiral fast!

March 23rd, 2015
Deceptive Billing Practices
Be careful if you go to Dingmans Medical. They will NOT tell you that you will be getting an additional bill from another company no matter how large the bill will be! I don't want to see any struggling families go through this, so make sure you get in writing that the bill is paid when you check out. My son went there for a drug test to get into police academy. He paid upon check out. Two weeks later he received an additional bill from the lab asking for $522.00 (yes, five hundred twenty-two dollars)!! Dingmans Office Manager said that it was my son's responsibility to find out if there were any other charges, bills, and the amount. This, in my opinion is deceptive, as they must have realized that my son would have declined if he had known the total price for his visit would be 621. (522. or the test and 99. for the visit). I have since checked, and it is possible to get a drug test between 20. and 60. They appear unconcerned that this bill will destroy a young person who is just getting started in life at a time when his family is facing financial challenges. They also do not seem to respect young people as the office manager made a sassy comment to my son that she never would have made had she been talking to me. If this type of billing is taking place, we should stand together and fight for honest billing. A doctor's office (just like a mechanic or other provider of services) should give a written estimate of out-of-pocket expenses if it will be able to harm a person's credit should they be unable to pay.

March 25th, 2014
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRACTICE!!
I had been going here for about 3 years and was truly tired of seeing young PA's fresh out of school with no experience treating patients. I saw the doctor once! This place has turned into a circus and MONEY is their main and only concern. And don't think your medical records belong to you for if you try leaving this terrible place, they will charge you a fee just to send them to another doctor!

February 21st, 2014
CRUEL treatment for a 6 year old over 45 Dollars.
I brought my 6 y/o son in for his yearly physical today and because he was feeling under the weather. I was rushed over to the billing office immediately. I was told that I owed them 45 dollars and that I could not let my son see the doctor today if I didn't pay in full. I explained to them that I could pay in a few weeks because I only get my disability 1x month and that my son was feeling under the weather and that if I waited another month he would not be allowed in school. I was informed that paying this next month was OK however, I would have to leave and reschedule my child's physical and go to another doctor if he wasn't feeling good. I was shocked to say the least. How heartless are they to turn a sick child away and one that needed his physical for school???? Really? For 45 dollars. Shame on them. Luckily, I was recording my little boy doing something while this whole ordeal was going on and I cant wait until it goes viral. I am also sending my last bill to my bankruptcy attorney so they will never see a dime from me. I made sure that i grabbed my sons medical records from a really cool lady behind the desk before I left although she was not supposed to ever give me those. I am off to my former Pediatrician tomorrow. When I called my old one today and told her what happened, she had reception squeeze my son in for tomorrow morning. If you care about your children, PLEASE STAY AWAY from Dr. Pathak and anyone affiliated with her office. They care about your money more than your health. Good Luck.

April 24th, 2013
Business of medicine over patient health
Used the practice for 3 years, loved her at first. Practice is growing too big too fast and they have gotten too obsessed with cash and rapid expansion. My biggest complaint up until now was they make constant billing errors in co-ordinating multiple insurances and the Dr is never there. PA's with a few years experience are the only ones regularly seeing patients. They have even had to call her on occasion to consult with her on my treatment because she wasn't in the office!!! In the past few months the atmosphere in the office has changed. The girls are still very nice, but there is suddenly an over concern about collecting copays, which were always collected- it just seems to be such a focus now. Dr's husband micromanages and hovers over staff at the desk, over concerned with making sure they got payments. It sure reminds you they're doing this for the money and it's AWKWARD to witness as a patient to say the least. We've never had a problem with our accounts- bills always paid so I don't think this was about me. Recently our insurance carrier issued new cards and the new copay card had not arrived yet. Hub's HR dept told us not to pre-pay copay's until the cards were mailed out. It's not a large amount of money and we've been going there 3 years- should not have been a big deal to be billed one-time for a small copay, right? Turned into an embarrassing phone call to the back office to get approval to bill us for a one time copay. The girls at the front desk seemed absolutely terrorfied not to collect that copayment. I was a bit turned off, but kept using them anyway. Then - I had an urgent visit to obtain a script for a CT scan after an MRI revealed possible mass. Dr had copy of results and knew it was urgent. Receptionist went to collect funds I do not owe. I explained my benefits to her and that it was a billing error. (I am an insurance professional and understand my bene's). Receptionist went back to Dr Pathak to explain the billing error and that I did not owe the money. Receptionist returns to say Dr Pathak refused to see me unless I paid the money (a meager $30, I did not owe)!!! What was a simple billing error for a small amount of money then became a quality of care issue in my mind. What kind of a Dr denies a paying patient of 3 years necessary, potentially serious, non-routine care over a billing issue of $30??? Even if I did owe the money- WHAT KIND OF DR DOES THAT????? If she turned me away, knowing the situation I was in healthwise- over a few dollars- there's little doubt in my mind she'd treat me according to what gives her the biggest insurance or pharmaceitucal company bonus checks. She's entitled to make money for her services, but the greed is overhwelming. I want a Dr who cares about my health and my life, not just lining her pockets. BE WARNED.

May 3rd, 2011
Grace Hoeiter
wonderful physician and staff

June 25th, 2010
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Pathak is a wonderful physician, her bedside manner and compassion puts me at ease. She takes her time and listens and I never feel rushed. I recently moved and I hope to find a doctor that can fill her shoes. I will miss her. She is a true humanitarian and understands the health care needs of the community; bringing different medical services to the area.