Lisa Rubin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

January 16th, 2016
Excellent OB
I've been a patient with Dr. Rubin for almost twenty years. She has been excellent for both ob and gyn care. In addition, she dedicates the time to thoroughly provide care and advice. I'm so glad her office has moved back to Towson!

September 10th, 2015
Dr Rubin was terrific. She was very thorough. She took the time to listen to my issues and really helped me to understand them. I was recommended to her by my sister and I would highly recommend her.

August 3rd, 2015
I HIGHLY Recommend Dr. Lisa Rubin
Dr. Rubin is a very competent professional. She takes time to talk with her patients and responds to questions in lay terms so that you know what your diagnosis is and the recommended steps. She is also very good with follow-up care and an excellent surgeon!

July 7th, 2015
Patient for almost 20 years
Wow - I don't even recognize the Dr. Rubin described from some of these negative reviews! Dr. Rubin has been my ob/gyn since my late twenties, and she has ALWAYS been professional, thorough without rushing, and caring. If fact, I look forward to seeing her because she has provided excellent service and advice over the years.. PAP smears have never been a problem, and she always makes me feel at ease during the pelvic examination (not a simple task when you're lying down and asked to spread your legs for a speculum followed by tissue swab) . When she has referred specialists (for IVF and breast biopsy), they too have been excellent. I have never felt rushed, nor have I ever had an inordinate wait. Once, her office did have to call me to reschedule because of a delivery (not a big deal). Doctors have way more paperwork, regulations, and patients these days; so I would not expect her to take more than 30 minutes for a routine pelvic examination.

June 10th, 2015
Dr Rubin is wonderful! Office Staff not so much
Dr. Rubin's front office person is the rudest most unprofessional person I have ever encountered. Dr Rubin works for MedStar. I also worked for MedStar for 44 years in IT. Throughout my career I dealt with many, many physician's office staff. I can't truly say that this person has to be the rudest most incompetent employee I have ever encountered. Dr. Rubin is moving to a new location and not taking her staff with her. I am thrilled!

November 11th, 2014
Disapponted!
Very very disappointed. Had a hideous last experience with a gynecologist that put me off going to anyone for several years. I finally relent, and based on what I see on paper, she seems the right fit. No way! First off, her staff seemed fine if a bit detached. And the very young nurse or assistant that took my vitals was sweet as pie (but a little green, as she was unable to get a blood draw from either of my arms and gave up after 1 vial, saying I'd have to go to a lab). But Dr. Rubin well, where to start. She seemed not overtly unfriendly but as others have said a bit rushed. Which seemed odd to me at the time, as she had allotted a full hour for my new patient visit. And we MIGHT have spent a total of 10 minutes together (talking and exam time combined). It was the first and only Pap smear I've had that really hurt and made me bleed for a couple of days. It was only later that I realized there were SO MANY items she ahould have asked about, which would be vital for her to be able to have my full gyno info and thus be able to provide the best care. My daughter had an appointment right after mine, and she had the same experience. And after I had promised her (based on nearly 30 years of experience) that it would be uncomfortable but wouldn't hurt! we will be looking for another doc. Sigh. It used to be nearly every doctor was pretty good, or we were just lucky. In the last 10-15 years, it's completely hit or miss!

April 13th, 2014
I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for about 15 years and she has always been professional . She is a very busy Dr. with a staff of wonderful and professional employees which some have been with her before she moved to the Perry Hall office. With all that our Drs. have to contend with every day, my fear is that one day the negatives will out way the positives and we will no longer have our Drs. They will no longer want to practice any more. I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Rubin in my life !

March 7th, 2012
Still Waiting...
Dr. Rubin is not by any means what you would call your ideal OB/GYN, matter of a fact she doesn't even come close. Poor office hours or availability; has little to no value for your time. For example if you have an appointmet at 2:00 pm you probably wouldn't be seen until after 3:00 pm. She also has very poor bedside manners, an unfriendly disposition and usually seems rushed; actual visit time usually lasts around 5 - 8 minutes after an extremely long wait. I endured the bad service for much longer than I should. I finally decided that it is time for me to find a real OB/GYN who can appreciate my business and realize that although I do not have a MD at the end of my name, my time is valuable also.

October 6th, 2011
The WORST Doctor
The absolute WORST doctor I have ever seen. Wait time is ridiculous... I wouldn't mind waiting... if it was worth the wait but this is not! Doctor Rubin has a bad attitude. She clearly doesn't care about her patients because she doesn't listen to them. The office staff is nice - I felt bad for them I don't know how they put up with her. I advise anyone considering her to read these reviews carefully and look for a different doctor immediately!

September 2nd, 2011
Great Doctor
When I first went to Dr. Rubin I was a little nervous. My experience with my last Gyn was not a good one. His exams were very painful and I believe he touched me inappropriately while he was examining me. Dr. Rubin was wonderful. She made me feel at ease at once. She asked me questions and she answered each one that I had. Her exam was quick and painless. She had me get some blood work done and personally called me to explain the results. Her staff was very friendly and professional. Getting an appointment was fast andmy time in the waiting room and in her office was very short.

August 17th, 2011
Greatest GYN in the Baltimore area
I had an amazing experience with Dr. Rubin. She is professional, kind, and very informative. She is worth waiting for.

August 10th, 2011
Dr. Rubin is excellent. She s kind and caring, she listens well and spnt alotof time asking me questions and trying to get to the bottom of my problems. She also spent alot of time explaining things to in wordig that I could understand.She must have asked me 10 times if I had any questions. During my exam, she asked me about my family and how my summer had been. It really made me feel that she cared about me as a person. Her em was the gentlest exam I have ever had. I really lik that she tells me what to expect before she does anything. I feel very comfortable with her and would recommend her to anyone. Her Staff was also very friendly and professional.