Dr. Lisa Scatena MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 2nd, 2016
Dysfunctional set.at
Dr. Scatena and her office staff are the most unprofessional physician's office at which I have ever been a patient. During my initial visit she was late coming to see me and was a bit dismissive of my face and body acne. The original prescriptions for acne that Dr. Scatena prescribed me did not work, even after three months. I scheduled another appointment with her to follow up, at which time I was going to suggest we try another or a more aggressive treatment. I received a call several weeks after scheduling my three-month follow-up appointment, at which time the receptionist said Dr. Scatena was not in fact going to be in the office on the day of my original appointment; they had overlooked this when I first scheduled. Since I still needed to see her I was happy to move my appointment to a few days later that week. Unfortunately something came up at work that I could not miss during my rescheduled appointment, so I called the dermatology office (with more than 24 hours' notice). The receptionist rescheduled me for two weeks later at 7 am. I arrived on the day of my appointment on time, only to find that I wasn't actually on the books for the day and time I am certain I agreed to weeks prior. The receptionist then told me Dr. Scatena could not see me until May! It's the office's fault for screwing up my follow-up appointment TWICE. The doctor is dismissive and the staff is dysfunctional.

April 28th, 2015
Dr. Scatena is an expert dermatologist.

December 18th, 2014
Excellent Care & staff
Dr scatena is an excellent provider that I have been going to 5 years

November 23rd, 2012
Great DR, weak front office
Dr Scatena came highly recommended, so I made an appointment to see her. After waiting three weeks for my appointment, when I showed up there was zero record for it. They fit me in the next week, where I waited for 15-20 minutes for her. For my actual appointment she was great. She prescribed a couple of meds to be picked up at my pharmacy on Pearl St, and I confirmed with her staff when I left that it was that location. When I showed up today they had zero record for my scrips. Although she is great, not sure if I can recommend her for these two things. I have never had this happen before.

July 6th, 2012
Robert E
Dr. Scatena's office and staff were completely professional and competent. I was seen, diagnosed and treated quickly and efficiently. Dr. Scatena was knowledgeable and very pleasant. This was by far the best doctor visit I have ever experienced. I cannot recommend Dr. Scatena enough.

June 11th, 2012
MD AND PATIENT
I AM AN INTERNAL MEDICINE DOCTOR AND A PATIENT OF DR SCATENA'S. SHE IS THOUGHTFUL, COMPASSIONATE AND COMPLETELY UP TO DATE ON HER MEDICAL EXPERTISE. I RECCOMEND HER TO ALL OF MY PATIENTS. SHE IS WITHOUT A DOUBT, THE BEST DERMATOLOGIST AROUND.

May 28th, 2012
Horrible
Horrible experience. I was proscribed drugs that effected my hormones without any blood panels. I have been having severe side effects going on three months and specialists are horrified when I tell them that I was proscribed this drug without the doctor knowing any levels. My side effects will be very long term by all accounts. Going here was the biggest mistake I have ever made and I'll never stop regretting it. Please avoid if you value your health!

September 7th, 2011
Dr. Scatena is a very good and competent doctor. All of the office staff is nice. I am very squeamish about needles, and Dr. Scatena was very patient and kind with me. I would recommend her to anyone.

September 1st, 2010
My Best Doctor Experience Ever
I got a mole removed--doesn't sound very fun, but I was blown away by the atmosphere of the clinic. It feels like a spa, with soft green paint and recessed lighting. Lisa was so nice and spent a lot of time with me, explaining everything, and sharing a lot of helpful information. Best of all, I was treated with RESPECT. I went away thinking what a great experience it was.

January 25th, 2010
Very caring and considerate Dermatologist
Dr. Scatena handled my appointment in a thorough and professional manner. Although it was my first dermatological exam, she never made me feel uncomfortable. She explained everything in a was that I could understand. Her staff was helpful and friendly and her office is gorgeous. I highly recommned this well-run practice.

August 18th, 2009
Outstanding
Professional, competent, and friendly!!!

February 1st, 2009
Wonderful new practice in Boulder
I just went for my annual skin check. Dr. Scatena's offices are fresh and light-filled and her office staff was smiling and helpful. I felt like Dr. Scatena spent a lot of time with me and her skin check was very thorough. She has a friendly, engaging personality and it was easy to talk to her. All in all, a very positive experience.