Surgeons
MSKCC Surgery Group
300 E 66th St
New York, NY 10065
800-525-2225
Locations and availability (4)

|  cancer surviver ,wive ,mother ,grateful  |  show details
by janice oehl on Nov 5th, 2013

Hi Dr. Sclafai,how are you.testing time again ugggg.life is great !!!!! Thanks for your caring love Janice Bob bobby who will be 16 on the 22 of Dec. Omg I cannot believe I am still alive.grateful!!!!!!!!!!!

|  Dr. lisa saved my life with her presise care and rock star friends as mark greenwald dr. menzing she does whatever is needed  |  show details
by janice conboy oehl on Feb 24th, 2013

Read my book THROUGH THE CANCER TUNNEL BY JANICE OEHL . I is the story of a cancer survivor breast colon uterine C.L.Leukemia .sick in 30's now 54 and going strong thanks to god my family and great doctors plus it doesn't hurt to be a whatever pushy patient !!!!!!! my love to all write oehljb@aol.com if you need to talk. I lecture at universities about the walk of survival and living a great positive life. All proceeds go to American Cancer Society. You must interview and choose your car don't just sit by. PROACTIVE LISA helps with that.

|  where to begin.....  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

my mom was diagnosed in 2008 w/ breast cancer. she had seen another breast surgeon who brought her back to stoney brook hospital because he didn't take everything out the first 2 times and wanted to bring her back yet again. He was totally inept so we sought out someone who we thought would actually know what they were doing especially if they were tied in with memorial sloan kettering. what another mistake this was. dr sclafani suggested to my mother who was accompanied by my sister that she have a total mastectomy on the left breast as she only had 1/3 of it left from the other breast surgeon. so, it was agreed. dr sclafani also told my mother that she would leave the skin under her arm for reconstruction. my mother told her 'no' as at the time she was 78 years old and didn't need reconstruction. my mother also told her not to leave the skin on because she wanted to be totally cancer free. this was conveyed to dr sclafani 2 times!guess what dr sclafani did? she left the skin on. guess what happened? my mother developed cancer again in that skin and also this time in her lung. she has had 8 months of chemotherapy which seemed to be going great but now has bone cancer. need i say more about dr sclafani? my sister knows of someone else who also had a horrific experience w/her during her breast cancer. this woman should not be practicing medicine. you think a doctor from sloan kettering would be worth their weight in gold. this is not so. please do your homework. we are devastated by this.

|  show details
Aug 7th, 2011

I had a total masectomy with dr. scalfani and she is an excellant doctor with a great bedside manner. I would highly recommend her.

|  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

my wife recently had surgery with sclafani ,she had 1 breast removed .we caught it in time.important to get your mamography every year.sclafani was great with my wife . explained the process she would go through,and was very knowledgeable.

|  "Another good report"  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2010

without reading the radiologist report; she was asked if she "had read the radiologist's report". She admitted she had not read it yet. She came back to me after 15 minutes, informing me I did " have to get a core needle biopsy of same breast ". I asked for an MRI again, she said no. She refused to order an MRI when I asked on previous visits too. The MRI was according to her "like compareing appples to oranges, we'll keep the same type of tracking". The second opinion surgeon, said there were significant changes in the first 6 month mamograms taken; after the lumpectomy. Dr. Sclafani gave me "all good diagnosis then too" I had my new Surgeon review all the medical information, and when she ordered a MRI at LIJ, it showed there were two additional spots in the other breast and a third undetected spot in the breast that Sclafani was initially giving me "another good report".I needed a double mastectomy.

|  Dr. sclafani takes her time to explain things  |  show details
by lumpectomy lady on Mar 25th, 2009

I feel Dr Sclafani shows she cares by the time she has taken with me at my appointments to explain everything to me and answer all my questions. her staff at commack is also kind and very helpful (especially Erin).