Dr. Lisa Stearns MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

March 23rd, 2014
lack of compasssion
poor bedside manner, lack of sharing pros and cons of treatments, leaving me in the waiting room without telling me the results of my husband surgical procedure, arrogance,inpatience, these things and more have haunted me for years regarding Lisa Stearns. Every other Dr. involved in my husbands treatment showed him kindness, compassion, and presented him with details about treatments, allowing us to make informed decisions about his care. This office is a cattle call....I will NEVER recommend Dr. Stearns, and I will continue to post occasionally to share what I know to be true.

February 25th, 2014
Patient
Great Doctor

February 28th, 2013
Dr. Stearns and her staff are wonderful. I am 83 years young and have been suffering terribly since a bad traffic accident. Dr. Stearns. and her staff have outdone themselves several times getting me in when no appointments were truly available. Yes, I’ve had to wait; but ONLY because she takes SO MUCH time with her patients, I have never had a doctor spend so much time with me before! She is knowledgeable and compassionate she listens to every word I say; she even gives hugs! She does not seem like a doctor to me; far too down to earth. Her staff is kind and knowledgeable as well. I love the email correspondence they provide; I’ve never had to wait more than a couple hours for answers to my questions. Truly an incredible doctor!!

February 27th, 2013
Best Pain Doc in the Valley
Been to most pain doctors here and Dr.Stearns is the best on in the valley.She cares and knows her stuff.A+++ Thank you Dr.Stearns And she's kind and caring,you are in great hands with her and her staff.

February 13th, 2013
Dr. Stearns spent a good amount of time with me to discuss my source of pain. She is very caring and I feel like I am in good hands.

July 16th, 2012
unresponsive and, so far, has only increased my pain.
Would not have started treatment with her had I known:1. withdrawal symptons when meds were changed, and, 2. total and utter non-responsiveness by her and her staff to calls made to her office for help and info after started treating me with a Medtronics pump.Wish I have never started with her!

July 13th, 2012
long wait time
Dr. Stearns is great but her office staff I'd not fun to deal with...

June 16th, 2012
Great Doctor
Great Experiance.been in pain for many years, and visited many pain doctors. Dr Stearns has been the only pain doctor to control my pain.I would recommend her very highly.

March 14th, 2011
She is the absolute best!!!

January 31st, 2011
Dr. Stearns, worth the wait...
I had been a patient at The Center for Pain Control for the last year seeing another Dr. who is no longer affilliated with Dr. Stearn's clinic. When he left so that he could see more Patients in a shorter amount of time (he really said that) I was bleesed to be moved onto her service. This has been the one good thing that has happened to me since my diagnosis with MS in 1996. She is caring, kind, compassionate and very knowledgable. She has worked with me trying different modalities to make my pain manaeable. God Bless her!

December 31st, 2010
Prior authortizations
I left 4 voice messages with her PA and still they have not submitted them and no I suffer with no pain pills. I told them I need for them to make the prior authorizations and they said they would and its 3 days now and they will be closed for the holidays. I like Lisa but he PA's have not listened to their voice mails or ignored them. I know they are busy but this is very important and i warned them and told them to look out for me and now i get a recording that they are closed til after new years.I got screwed because the right hand doesn't tell the left hand and i'm lost in voice mails

October 19th, 2010
great pain doctor
Best cancer pain in the country