Lisa J Stearns, MD

4611 E Shea Blvd Blvd
Suite 170
Phoenix, AZ 85028
480-889-0180
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  SERIOUSLY!!!  |  show details
by Barbara Bromley on Jul 11th, 2014

Do you people really have nothing better to do than trash the best doctor and staff in the valley? Go find someone else who can put up with your moaning-let the Dr use her time for those who appreciate her and her staff. I have been a patient now for over 15 years and wouldn't consider any other provider. I have seen others prior to Dr. Stearns, Jen and staff including Top Doc specialists at St Lukes, Banner Neurological Institute and docs from Mayo. Over the years I have had many problems and so many things have gone wrong along with many many things that have gone right. I certainly didn't blame Dr. Stearns, Jen and staff for the problems but can certainly blame them when things go right. Since when has medical care been a perfect science? Be thankful they are on your side and help when they can. I am grateful for you Dr. Stearns, Jen Kiser, and so many of you I cannot begin to list as I will forget someone. Finally-to those unhappy with CPSC-find someone else to put up with your ungratefulness-leave their time to those of us who love and appreciate them. Thank you Dr Stearns, Jen and family at CPSC.

|  lack of compasssion  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2014

poor bedside manner, lack of sharing pros and cons of treatments, leaving me in the waiting room without telling me the results of my husband surgical procedure, arrogance,inpatience, these things and more have haunted me for years regarding Lisa Stearns. Every other Dr. involved in my husbands treatment showed him kindness, compassion, and presented him with details about treatments, allowing us to make informed decisions about his care. This office is a cattle call....I will NEVER recommend Dr. Stearns, and I will continue to post occasionally to share what I know to be true.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Barbara on Feb 25th, 2014

Great Doctor

Feb 28th, 2013

Dr. Stearns and her staff are wonderful. I am 83 years young and have been suffering terribly since a bad traffic accident. Dr. Stearns. and her staff have outdone themselves several times getting me in when no appointments were truly available. Yes, I’ve had to wait; but ONLY because she takes SO MUCH time with her patients, I have never had a doctor spend so much time with me before! She is knowledgeable and compassionate she listens to every word I say; she even gives hugs! She does not seem like a doctor to me; far too down to earth. Her staff is kind and knowledgeable as well. I love the email correspondence they provide; I’ve never had to wait more than a couple hours for answers to my questions. Truly an incredible doctor!!

Doctor's Response

We are so proud to work with Dr. Stearns, thank you for noticing and sharing how wonderful she is. You are right, there is a wait sometimes, but for very good reason! We are also very grateful to have such an amazing staff! Thank you again.

|  Best Pain Doc in the Valley  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2013

Been to most pain doctors here and Dr.Stearns is the best on in the valley.She cares and knows her stuff.A Thank you Dr.Stearns And she's kind and caring,you are in great hands with her and her staff.

Doctor's Response

You are right, Dr. Stearns is a Top Doc! Thank you for posting these comments for her and her staff. They are all very committed to doing the best they can to improve quality of life for their patients.

Feb 13th, 2013

Dr. Stearns spent a good amount of time with me to discuss my source of pain. She is very caring and I feel like I am in good hands.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your response and for recognizing the time Dr. Stearns takes with patients. Pain is much better treated when our physicians know as much as possible about each patient.

|  unresponsive and, so far, has only increased my pain.  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2012

Would not have started treatment with her had I known:1. withdrawal symptons when meds were changed, and, 2. total and utter non-responsiveness by her and her staff to calls made to her office for help and info after started treating me with a Medtronics pump.Wish I have never started with her!

|  long wait time  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

Dr. Stearns is great but her office staff I'd not fun to deal with...

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2012

Great Experiance.been in pain for many years, and visited many pain doctors. Dr Stearns has been the only pain doctor to control my pain.I would recommend her very highly.

Mar 21st, 2012

I have spent 2 years with Dr Lisa Stearns office and have finally completely lost all faith in this office. I have a Baclofen pump and required a catheter revisiondue to a leak. I had this done by Dr. Burgher who is now with another office. He did not inform me of the csf leaks and other risks. A piece of paper was put in front of me "moments before surgery" which I had to sign if I wanted surgery. I had months of spinal headaches and huge bumps of cfs fluid on my back. I never had any back pain prior to this surgery. Afterward I've had severe problems with back pain with no real answer as to why. I've had a few pump fills one of which I noticed afterward on the print out that it had the wrong patient name listed. I notified the office and it took them at least a couple days to let me know that I indeed was given the correct medications and not the med from this other patient. The Dr. cut my pump meds in half and I went into severe withdraw. She went on vacation and I was unable to obtain an appointment so the meds could be turned back up, so I suffered for a few days. During a recent pump fill one of the meds in my pump was doubled and a few days later my legs are dumb like Novacaine has been injected into them. I just had knee surgery so one leg is very undependable and the other is totally numb. Anytime I have to move I am at severe risk for injury now. I'm told that I have to wait 2 days for them to turn down the pump. This is totally unacceptable and poor health care. When adjusting the pumps the doc should have an idea of how it will affect the patient and if there is adverse reactions it needs to be corrected immediately. It is very frightening to have any changes done to the pump because the patient has no control and is at the doctors mercy. You can't just take more or stop taking the medications. Every time I have had an appointment at this office I have had to wait at least 2 hours and accept their excuses in stride but if I am going to wait that long because they added others to the schedule then they need to make room in the schedule to see me when I'm having a serious complication. I am scared and need another catheter revision but I have lost all faith in this office. As soon as I find a different pain management physician I will be leaving this office.

Mar 14th, 2011

She is the absolute best!!!

|  Dr. Stearns, worth the wait...  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2011

I had been a patient at The Center for Pain Control for the last year seeing another Dr. who is no longer affilliated with Dr. Stearn's clinic. When he left so that he could see more Patients in a shorter amount of time (he really said that) I was bleesed to be moved onto her service. This has been the one good thing that has happened to me since my diagnosis with MS in 1996. She is caring, kind, compassionate and very knowledgable. She has worked with me trying different modalities to make my pain manaeable. God Bless her!

|  Prior authortizations  |  show details
by Mike C on Dec 31st, 2010

I left 4 voice messages with her PA and still they have not submitted them and no I suffer with no pain pills. I told them I need for them to make the prior authorizations and they said they would and its 3 days now and they will be closed for the holidays. I like Lisa but he PA's have not listened to their voice mails or ignored them. I know they are busy but this is very important and i warned them and told them to look out for me and now i get a recording that they are closed til after new years.I got screwed because the right hand doesn't tell the left hand and i'm lost in voice mails

|  great pain doctor  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2010

Best cancer pain in the country

|  Great cancer pain doctor  |  show details
by investEL on May 27th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I've been seeing Dr. Lisa Jo Stearns for about 6 months now and have never felt in better hands. Dr. Stearns and her staff are experts at treating cancer pain. The practice is exclusively geared to treat the special needs of cancer patients.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com