Dr. Lisa Stearns Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Lisa Stearns?

seems hit or miss

Posted on August 30th, 2017

Our visit was a massive Miss Worst experience I've had in over 15 years dealing with chronic pain management. If your insurance allows you to go somewhere else go. Horrible 3.5 hours for my first appointment couldn't get a word in at all about my mothers issues as she has been in chronic pain for 30 years and is now dealing with cancer. She did not read medical records before hand told my mother she would die in 5 years if she did not stop using her mobility scooter (to a cancer patient!!!) of which she had been using for 15 years due to nerve issues in her legs. Unprofessional, judgmental, and completely unprepared never felt like she was being seen felt ignored. She then completely changed all my mothers meds when all she needed was continuation of current short acting and a new Extended release med. She was to busy talking to random person in room explaining stuff did not introduce said person or ask if it was alright that he sat in. When the new Short release med (again she changed what had worked for my mother) triggered a very bad migraine and put mom in hospital. I called requesting a new script for what had worked took 2.5 days by which time my mother had to go to back to the hospital as she ,while fighting cancer doing chemo, started going through extremely bad withdrawal. When they did finally call they said they never got the 8 messages Bad and very rude staff and a uncaring doctor. Horrible horrible horrible Her office and her seem hit or miss almost seems she makes up her mind in advance. So if she treats you well you have a hit . But really if you are waiting more then a hour leave find a more caring and compassionate doctor and staff I would recommend Core institute or any one really. I still can not believe she changed all her meds when they worked why change if it ain't Broke?!?!?!

Patient

Posted on February 25th, 2014

Great Doctor

Posted on February 28th, 2013

Dr. Stearns and her staff are wonderful. I am 83 years young and have been suffering terribly since a bad traffic accident. Dr. Stearns. and her staff have outdone themselves several times getting me in when no appointments were truly available. Yes, I’ve had to wait; but ONLY because she takes SO MUCH time with her patients, I have never had a doctor spend so much time with me before! She is knowledgeable and compassionate she listens to every word I say; she even gives hugs! She does not seem like a doctor to me; far too down to earth. Her staff is kind and knowledgeable as well. I love the email correspondence they provide; I’ve never had to wait more than a couple hours for answers to my questions. Truly an incredible doctor!!

Doctor's Response

We are so proud to work with Dr. Stearns, thank you for noticing and sharing how wonderful she is. You are right, there is a wait sometimes, but for very good reason! We are also very grateful to have such an amazing staff! Thank you again.

Best Pain Doc in the Valley

Posted on February 28th, 2013

Been to most pain doctors here and Dr.Stearns is the best on in the valley.She cares and knows her stuff.A+++ Thank you Dr.Stearns And she's kind and caring,you are in great hands with her and her staff .

Doctor's Response

You are right, Dr. Stearns is a Top Doc! Thank you for posting these comments for her and her staff. They are all very committed to doing the best they can to improve quality of life for their patients.

Posted on February 13th, 2013

Dr. Stearns spent a good amount of time with me to discuss my source of pain. She is very caring and I feel like I am in good hands.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your response and for recognizing the time Dr. Stearns takes with patients. Pain is much better treated when our physicians know as much as possible about each patient.

unresponsive and, so far, has only increased my pain.

Posted on July 16th, 2012

Would not have started treatment with her had I known:1. withdrawal symptons when meds were changed, and, 2. total and utter non-responsiveness by her and her staff to calls made to her office for help and info after started treating me with a Medtronics pump.Wish I have never started with her!

long wait time

Posted on July 13th, 2012

Dr. Stearns is great but her office staff I'd not fun to deal with...

Great Doctor

Posted on June 16th, 2012

Great Experiance.been in pain for many years, and visited many pain doctors. Dr Stearns has been the only pain doctor to control my pain.I would recommend her very highly.

Posted on March 14th, 2011

She is the absolute best!!!

Dr. Stearns, worth the wait...

Posted on January 31st, 2011

I had been a patient at The Center for Pain Control for the last year seeing another Dr. who is no longer affilliated with Dr. Stearn's clinic. When he left so that he could see more Patients in a shorter amount of time (he really said that) I was bleesed to be moved onto her service. This has been the one good thing that has happened to me since my diagnosis with MS in 1996. She is caring, kind, compassionate and very knowledgable. She has worked with me trying different modalities to make my pain manaeable. God Bless her!

Prior authortizations

Posted on December 31st, 2010

I left 4 voice messages with her PA and still they have not submitted them and no I suffer with no pain pills. I told them I need for them to make the prior authorizations and they said they would and its 3 days now and they will be closed for the holidays. I like Lisa but he PA's have not listened to their voice mails or ignored them. I know they are busy but this is very important and i warned them and told them to look out for me and now i get a recording that they are closed til after new years.I got screwed because the right hand doesn't tell the left hand and i'm lost in voice mails

great pain doctor

Posted on October 19th, 2010

Best cancer pain in the country