Ophthalmologists, Pediatric Specialist
3801 Fairfax Dr
Ste 64
Arlington, VA 22203
703-527-2236
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Amazing bedside manner with toddler  |  show details
by Guest on Jan 28th, 2013

This Dr. had a way with toddlers. She was able to administer a full exam, and keep the child calm and happy all the while. She took the time to fully explain the exam, and findings, and she was able to perform all the tests we required. We could not have been more pleased with her skills and expertise.

|  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

I am shocked by some of the reviews as I have taken three of my kids to Dr. Wei and think she is fantastic. We have never had to wait long to be seen and she immediately puts the kids at ease. She has a very calm manner and talks to the kids through the exam. The receptionist is also very courteous and helpful. We have been to Dr. Wei many times and have never had a bad experience. Two of my kids are teenagers now and though the decor of the waiting room is obviously intended for children, they don't want to go anywhere else even though it is a hike for us. If you have young children, I can't imagine not being very impressed with Dr. Wei. I only wish all doctors were like her!

|  Excellent Services  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

This was a wonderful experience for my three year old grandchild.

|  If you don't like Dr. Wei( and Karen) something is wrong with you.  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

The best ophtho in the area. Wish she saw adults too. Very smart and caring. Helped us through some really hard times for both our daughters. Was right on the mark with her diagnosis and treatment, sent us to a great specialist to follow up. We will always continue going to her for our yearly eye exams now.

|  Do Not Recommend  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2012

I do not recmmend this doctor. I brought my child for a certian service, the doctor performed extra things and checked my child sight just to increase the bill. The bill was huge.

|  Lacking Costumer Service  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2011

After waiting over 1 month for a new patient appointment for my 5 year-old son, my wife loaded up the kids and showed up to his 0900 appointment notwithstanding the ice storm conditions (1/18/11). Problem: she forgot her purse with our insurance card. She asked if she could return with it later in the day. Answer: No. She asked if they would accept an immediately faxed or emailed copy. Answer: No. Both staff and Dr. Wei herself turned us away b/c of their made-up document authenticity requirements. I'm a practicing attorney and understand the need to verify documents, however, turning away pediatric patients that have been waiting months b/c Dr. Wei won't accept a copy of a valid BC/BS PPO card is UNCONSCIONABLE, UNPROFESSIONAL, and probably violation of her professional duties. Dr. Wei refused to see a 5 year-old patient b/c she refused to accept a copy of his insurance card. Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

|  show details
Oct 21st, 2010

attitude is terrible. Service is terrible.

|  Run, do not walk from this doctor  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2010

I found the doctor unacceptable: lacking in basic medical knowledge about the eyes and very poor follow-up care and communication.