Dr. Liza Wu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Liza Wu?

November 22nd, 2016

Saw Dr Wu about a year ago. She is the most arrogant, degrading, and egotistical physical I have ever encountered. When you are going through something as tough as I was, just a small amount of compassion should go hand and hand with her skill. And by the way her skill certainly isn't evident in my case. She rushed through my reconstruction and my breasts are far from what I thought I would have received. With all the wonderful surgeons out there..do your research. Wish I would have read these comments before ever stepping in her office.

August 11th, 2016

Dr. Wu did an excellent job. I had a double mastectomy -Tram flap surgery. She and the entire staff at Penn are amazing. Dr. Wu listened to me and I always felt I could ask anything. They did an outstanding job and I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend Dr. Wu.

March 10th, 2016

Dr. Wu doesn't come off as warm and fuzzy, but she is the most attentive, knowledgeable, involved doctor I have ever had. I trust Dr. Wu and would highly recommend her as a plastic surgeon. Dr. Wu's team is caring, knowledgeable, quick to follow up and 100 percent professional.

December 1st, 2015

appalling attitude

I can't believe the five star reviews are written about the same doctor I met. She has zero patience for questions, offers virtually no explanation except "trust me." There are no pictures of previous work in her office, no sample implants, no guidance, and warmth akin to Minnesota in January.

September 13th, 2013

Awful Experience

I wish I could agree with the other reviews on this site, but my experience has been terrible. Saying Dr. Wu is not warm and fuzzy is quite an understatement. She was/is hard to talk to, did not fully explain the surgery, seemed very impatient with my concerns, and gave me bad advice. I repeated my concerns to her several times, that I might be too thin to have the DIEP flap surgery, and that I did not want to be pulled too tight or have ANY muscle taken. She kept telling me it would be fine, but she did take significant muscle from my abdomen against my express wishes. I am in constant pain - almost 2 years! My abdominal muscles seriously weakened. Besides this, she only just told me NOW that muscle was taken, though I felt the change, I kept hoping to get better. I am so angry, because I trusted her to steer me right and not to cause harm.

April 18th, 2013

Amazing doctor with an amazing nurse, Tiffany

I had a prophylactic double mastectomy due to inheriting the brca1 gene. Honestly when you first meet DR. Wu, she may not appear to be that warm and fuzzy personality you are looking for, but then once I hit the OR, and my visits after, she is exactly what I hoped for. She's amazing. She's caring and very informative. Her nurse,Tiffany, that I see more often for my expansions, is awesome! I can't say enough good things.

July 3rd, 2012

Very condescending, abrupt, arrogant, never would hire her

January 23rd, 2010

The Amazing Dr. Wu

It is not easy to find a doctor who exhibits all of the professional qualities you dream of when facing the most difficult period of your life. Surviving breast cancer entails support, expertise and compassion from those around you, as well as an inner strength to help you "keep your eyes on the prize". While friends and family can provide some of this, nothing is more important than finding a doctor who can provide all of this. Dr. Wu is a precision oriented, skilled artist when it comes to breast reconstruction. She is also a compassionate human being who is not afraid to be warm and encouraging. She is professional not only in her surgical abilities, but in her professional approach. She makes you feel as though your concerns are important by answering any questions and taking the time to explain your options. she remembers the details of your case and your life outside of the surgery. She holds herself to high expectations which in turn provides the assurance that you are in the hands of someone who will take care of you with accuracy and kindness.

September 10th, 2009

outstanding care

August 28th, 2008

Great Physician

I'm treating with her now. Had to have a breast reconstruction after a single mastectomy. Elected the free flap. The reconstruction is aesthetic and very proportioned to my other breast. Great follow-ups. Great nurse practicioner.

August 17th, 2008

Amazing surgeon!

I learned that free-flaps are the "gold standard" for natural reconstructive breast surgery. Her name came up first on a google search. She is amazing. I couldn't have wished for better results. I had a DIEP flap and Tram flap. Bilateral flap surgeries seem to be intimidating to some plastic surgeons. Dr. Wu specializes in this. The care I've received through her and her staff has been superb. I already have recommended her to others and they have the same opinion. Give her office a call.

April 1st, 2017