Plastic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist, Pediatric Surgeon
Hospital of the University of PA
3400 Spruce St
Philadelphia, PA 19175
215-662-2050
Locations and availability (12)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Awful Experience  |  show details
by JD on Sep 12th, 2013

I wish I could agree with the other reviews on this site, but my experience has been terrible. Saying Dr. Wu is not warm and fuzzy is quite an understatement. She was/is hard to talk to, did not fully explain the surgery, seemed very impatient with my concerns, and gave me bad advice. I repeated my concerns to her several times, that I might be too thin to have the DIEP flap surgery, and that I did not want to be pulled too tight or have ANY muscle taken. She kept telling me it would be fine, but she did take significant muscle from my abdomen against my express wishes. I am in constant pain - almost 2 years! My abdominal muscles seriously weakened. Besides this, she only just told me NOW that muscle was taken, though I felt the change, I kept hoping to get better. I am so angry, because I trusted her to steer me right and not to cause harm.

|  Amazing doctor with an amazing nurse, Tiffany  |  show details
by Jana M on Apr 18th, 2013

I had a prophylactic double mastectomy due to inheriting the brca1 gene. Honestly when you first meet DR. Wu, she may not appear to be that warm and fuzzy personality you are looking for, but then once I hit the OR, and my visits after, she is exactly what I hoped for. She's amazing. She's caring and very informative. Her nurse,Tiffany, that I see more often for my expansions, is awesome! I can't say enough good things.

|  The Amazing Dr. Wu  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2010

It is not easy to find a doctor who exhibits all of the professional qualities you dream of when facing the most difficult period of your life. Surviving breast cancer entails support, expertise and compassion from those around you, as well as an inner strength to help you "keep your eyes on the prize". While friends and family can provide some of this, nothing is more important than finding a doctor who can provide all of this. Dr. Wu is a precision oriented, skilled artist when it comes to breast reconstruction. She is also a compassionate human being who is not afraid to be warm and encouraging. She is professional not only in her surgical abilities, but in her professional approach. She makes you feel as though your concerns are important by answering any questions and taking the time to explain your options. she remembers the details of your case and your life outside of the surgery. She holds herself to high expectations which in turn provides the assurance that you are in the hands of someone who will take care of you with accuracy and kindness.

|  Great Physician  |  show details
by Laurie from Phila on Aug 28th, 2008

I'm treating with her now. Had to have a breast reconstruction after a single mastectomy. Elected the free flap. The reconstruction is aesthetic and very proportioned to my other breast. Great follow-ups. Great nurse practicioner.

|  Amazing surgeon!  |  show details
by Maria VWR on Aug 16th, 2008

I learned that free-flaps are the "gold standard" for natural reconstructive breast surgery. Her name came up first on a google search. She is amazing. I couldn't have wished for better results. I had a DIEP flap and Tram flap. Bilateral flap surgeries seem to be intimidating to some plastic surgeons. Dr. Wu specializes in this. The care I've received through her and her staff has been superb. I already have recommended her to others and they have the same opinion. Give her office a call.