Dr. Lizbeth Alter MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Coral Gables, FL

August 5th, 2016
DO NOT GO
DO NOT GO. Absolutely horrible experience. When I called the receptionist told me that I would basically be delaying her weekend by coming in at 230 on a Friday. After filling out 5 pages of paperwork I was then told I needed to provide 200 in cash or credit card information that would be kept on "file." I have insurance. Very good insurance, my wife is a nurse. I told the receptionist I was not comfortable writing my cc information down on a scrap piece of paper. She told me the doctor would not see me if I did not provide this information. I asked to speak with Dr. Alter so I could get comfortable with the situation. Dr. Alter declined to come out. I left and will not be back. Office does not even look sanitary. Needless to say, don't pick your primary care physician online...

August 2nd, 2016
An outstanding Doctor. She takes a genuine interest in all aspects of her patients health, is personable, asks pertinent questions and listens to her patient's concerns. She runs a small, personal practice, not a "push em through" factory.

February 1st, 2016
Great PCP!
Dr. Alter is very dedicated and passionate about the holistic medicine. She spends time explaining the importance of my eating habits and the best natural alternatives. The results of the analysis are always reviewed with diligence, whereas other doctors only call you if there is something wrong. Making an appointment is easy and she is always on time. The building offers convenient parking. I started going to her when a gentleman in his 80s recommended her for her natural approach. He was in espectacular shape for his age so I followed the recommendation and have been going to her for the last 6-7 years. She is great! I highly recommend her.

January 26th, 2016
great dr and staff.

December 9th, 2015
I am very happy with this doctor. She takes time to discuss issues with you thoroughly, is straight forward and cares about her patients. She does not readily prescribe medications but does proffer naturalistic health products.

September 18th, 2015
Great doctor, genuinely cares about her patients. She's amazing.

February 26th, 2014
Excellent
Dr. Mendoza has been my primary doctor for more than 5 years already. I completely recommend her. She respects the appointment times (which is very important to me, vs. sitting in a waiting room for hours); she is very focused on nutrition and is a holistic HCP. She is attentive during the exam period with no feeling of rush.

July 9th, 2012
Honest
Honest Doctor with an holistic vision. If you like real medicine, which is PREVENTION and not just attacking symptoms this is the doctor you need.

May 31st, 2012
Dr. Mendoza has been my primary care physician for several years and I am so glad I found her. During my doctor visits, particularly when I am sick, she always shows care and compassion. She practices traditional medicine but is also knowledgeable in holistic medicine, which I find is a great combination.

August 2nd, 2011
I have been going to dr mendoza for about 6 months. I am new(ish) to the area so I chose her based on positive reviews online. Unfortunately I have had a less than positive experience. First of all, she is only in the office Monday, Wed, Fri from 9-3...so if those times don't work with your schedule thus is not the doc for you!! Secondly, she is obsessed with weight. I am a healthy woman, I run daily and weigh 120-125 lbs. But for some reason, Dr. Mendoza still lectures me about weightloss and even suggested a supplement when she noticed I gained 2lbs between visits. Finally, Dr. Mendoza will try to push as many of her expensive "all natural" supplements on you as she can. She's an ok Dr, but not at all what i was hoping for

February 23rd, 2011
I was referred to DR. Mendoza by a friend after fighting with my former Dr. staff for several years. The last straw was when I had pink eye and need to get medication and was told I could get an apt. in 2 weeks and if that was not good enough I should go to the emergency room. By contrast, Dr. Mendoza is very accessible, she is very caring and makes me feel like a human being not a widget she needs for billing purposes. Her assistant is also very nice always and helpful. Every time I have needed an apt. because I have the flu etc, I have gotten within 24 hours. Highly recommend.