Injections take away most of my pain show details Injections take away most of my pain
by TK on Aug 10th, 2016

Pain Management doesn't mean Pain Free -- with that in mind, getting injections from Dr. Williams has been very helpful in controlling my back pain - I'm not 100% pain free (maybe 90%) - I've not had any negative experiences with the staff or prescriptions that I've read in other reviews - Dr. Williams has always listened to me and yes he did recommend lifestyle changes (which I can choose to do or not). I will continue to see him for my back pain.

Bad experience show details Bad experience
by Son on Aug 10th, 2016

By far the worst possible dr ever. I don't even mind a little bit of juicing that he suggested doing but I wasn't there for that. I thought I had gotten refer from my primary for neck/shoulder pain. The office staff has to be the most stupidest staff I've ever seen don't know what is being prescribed. They never filled my prescription and when several weeks went by I called them to see what was going on. It turns out they did not know they had screwed up. I went back for the last time, schedule my surgery for shots, had the surgery then never got a call to go back to see the dr. Never going back to see this office or dr... The the most incompetent office ever.

by Disappointed on Mar 14th, 2016

I waited 4 months to be seen and brought all my medical paperwork. He did not spend even ten minutes with me. The time he did spend was him condescending bombarding me with questions like he was trying to finish and move on. He didn't listen to anything I had to say pushed the juicer and no pork thing on me then wanted to schedule me for him to do injections on me. Then to top it off they messed up all my prescriptions they called in and said it was my fault for picking them and they couldn't change them.

by Mark I Morris on Jan 28th, 2016

I think Dr. Williams 1s an invaluable medical asset to the entire southern New Mexico.

Only see him if desperate show details Only see him if desperate
by sickerandsuffering on Jan 23rd, 2016

One of the top 3 worst doctors I've ever seen, if not the worst. Completely fixated in his singular philosophy and will not deviate in the face of all evidence that not everyone is built like everyone else. Will not listen to me, but insists he has, never seen him take notes. If I had another option to get help in this forsaken sump-pit-of-doctors town I would dump him, but I have 0 choices in this waste of an area. Medical help here is extremely bad, but this one takes the cake. Avoid his injections unless your desperate. I will end up in the hospital & ER more often because of him.

Low IQ doctor hurts patients show details Low IQ doctor hurts patients
by Patient x on Jan 5th, 2016

Worst doctor I've ever been to. He's rude, condescending, and doesn't listen

Quackerjack show details Quackerjack
Dec 15th, 2015

This guy is the biggest QUACK I have ever met and, as an RN, I've met plenty. After waiting two months to see this man, he blew in and out of the exam room in under five minutes. He had NO interest in why I was there and did not listen at all ... If I tried to talk, he simply talked over me, giving what was obviously a prepared speech repeated to most patients. I was told to buy a juicer, preferably a Jack LaLane brand, stop eating pork and everything would be cured. I suffer from Lupus/Fibromyalgia and Crohn's disease and I am in pain ALL THE TIME. I was a patient of Dr Kennedy's and, after some trial and error, he had had my pain under control for years, allowing me to function and enjoy life. Don't waste your time or money on this man. Unfortunately, because of aggressive and unfair treatment by the DEA, there is no one in this area who actually prescribes for pain and the only one within 125 miles who does prescribe doesn't take new patients, even if you've been his patient in the past. Local chronic pain patients here have been left to spend their lives in agony.

Uncomfortable show details Uncomfortable
Dec 8th, 2015

If you aren't Christian, this is a very uncomfortable office. All the christian literature is very in your face. Also, he prescribed me a medication I specifically told him I was allergic to. Won't be going back. He clearly doesn't listen. Very rude office staff as well.

PAY ATTENTION!! show details PAY ATTENTION!!
by running on Dec 1st, 2015

In my opinion from my experience with this doctor I must say..... Don't walk into this doctors office but RUN as fast as you can, AWAY from this doctor. You think that a doctor would take his medical hip. oath seriously, like do no harm however, instead he threatens & aims to potentially do harm through those threats and demands. he does not care to know what is wrong with you he wants to start at the very beginning as if all health information before him never existed. he is arrogant and narcissistic this is from my experience and is my opinion pay head or not either way you will figure it out on your own if you go to him. Hippocratic Oath: Modern Version I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant: I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow. I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism. I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug. I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery. I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God. I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick. I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure. I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm. If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Patient show details Patient
by Patricia on Oct 13th, 2015

From the moment I walked into this place I knew I had made a mistake. It is a dark, dingy and dirty place with a bad smell. The employees lack greatly in customer service skills and the wait was ridiculous. The exam room was darker and dirtier than the lobby. There were old, very filthy velvet covered chairs and it smelled so awful in there, as if the room had not been cleaned in weeks! This doctor smelled so bad that the stench of his armpits literally burned my nostrils. He smelled as if he hadn't bathed or used deodorant in months. (The stench of His armpits stayed in my nostrils literally for hours after I had left there, it was just nauseating) His lack of professionalism manifested itself when he started asking me whether or not I eat pork...which has nothing to do with the situation regarding my back injury. He clearly wanted to push his strange belief system on me by advising me to juice and by giving me religious materials to read to help with my pain. He even advised that I watch some movie on Netflix to help with my pain! After his 3 minute physical "exam", where he merely checked my reflexes and felt my back through my layers of clothing, he advised that I should have "some shots" (his words) to my back at HIS surgical center (of course) and then prescribed some medications for me to take at bedtime without advising what the medications were or exactly what they were for. I would not suggest to anyone to go see this man. I wouldn't even take my dog to that office!

Mark as Helpful  | 11 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Horrible Doctor show details Horrible Doctor
by Jenny on Sep 7th, 2015

Horrible. He is condescending and dismissive. When I tried to talk with him he would ignore me and talk over me to my husband. When I pushed back he still wouldn't look at me. His assistant Fatima is nice but not supported. The first treatment they pushed on us was a spinal stimulator for my husbands lower back pain that requires surgically inserting a device that only masks pain. My husband's pain was all over his body, too, which wouldn't have been addressed with this treatment. When they'd try a new pain med, instead of giving a week's worth to see if it worked, they'd give him 30 days worth and then refuse to give a different dose for a month while my husband suffered. My husband's pain kept getting progressively worse but they acted like he was a criminal trying to get meds, even though he had taken himself off the Vicoden he'd been on before he ever saw Dr. Williams. They are closed weekend and holidays but you have no way of reaching them for rx problems. We went to our primary doc for pain meds once because Williams was closed and not reachable, then got scolded loudly by the nurse saying if we ever did it again we'd be banned from the clinic. And she loudly said this from the front desk so everyone in the office could hear instead of speaking to us privately. Have they never heard of HIPPA?! Then in appt weeks after Dr. Williams had done an epidural procedure, Fatima was flustered because the procedure was not listed in the chart. Embarrassing. We finally went somewhere else and they immediately started investigating the possible muscle or nerve disorder instead of a supposed back injury since my husband had severe pain and muscle cramps all over his body. With some simple tests, it was discovered my husband has an autoimmune disorder which affects his nerves and muscles, and none of Dr. William's treatments would have helped, including the surgery to permanently plant the spinal stimulator they recommended off the bat. Horrible doctor! Don't go!

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Awful show details Awful
Jul 28th, 2015

Gave me a script for an NSAID. Directly after I told him I was allergic to NAIDS. Doesn't listen. But he will be sure to tell you all about juicing.

Jun 13th, 2015

This guy isn't a doctor. He's a juicer salesman. Just made assumptions about my lifestyle and what I should improve. Or already TRIED juicing, but he didn't even bother to ask. Just shoved the juicing literature in my face. Did not even take into consideration that my medication cocktail is the result of SIX YEARS of multiple specialists, including other pain management docs, working with me and each other. No, they're all wrong. I just need to buy a juicer.

HORRIFIC!!!! show details HORRIFIC!!!!
Jun 4th, 2015

They treat you as if you're lying. They have no empathy for their patience. I have had nothing but horrific experiences. They talk down to you you like you are a child. Switching doctors ASAP!!!

I don't understand show details I don't understand
by H. Shuman on May 6th, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Williams in PA. I was curious how he was doing so I googled his name and got this website. I am amazed at how ignorant people are where he is working. He was revered in the small community where he came from. The whole community loved him and mourned when he left. Many people thought he was crazy with the lifestyle recommendations as did I. Finially I gave in and tried them and WOW! I am far better now than I ever was and the pain that I had in my back form multiple spinal cord injuries is gone. Yes, it required shots. He did that. He also taught me how to made better choices for my health and that made the biggest difference. BTW...he is not from Nigeria

Mar 19th, 2015

The staff caring and compassionate, Dr Williams a very thorough physician giving complete care and leaving no stone unturned and a great and exceptional team

plane crash show details plane crash
Mar 17th, 2015

I was in a 32 negative G force plane crash in 1971. My entire spinal colume and neck was subjected to intense trauma with 4 compression fractures Ll2 to L6 and most cervicals damaged due whip lash. Long story short, I started needing pain meds in 1991. Dr. Jain helped me greatly until his unfair treatment by disgusting people and the medical board. So I needed another pain doctor. Dr. Jain was my pain management doctor. He was a neurologist and was extremely knowledgeable about the spine, unlike Williams who only knows how to give epidural injections. Williams is obsessed with diet and needles. He dislikes prescribing pain meds even with good cause. His plan was spinal injections which will not cure you and are highly dangerous. After a few months of me refusing the injections he cut my pain meds and then told me he was going to cease them. All because I would not allow him to use the needle. Hes a terrible person and has no empathy for the injured and with a closed mind against pain meds. I had a lower back spinal fusion in El Paso in 2010. After 9 months the intense pain returned. Thats when I saw Williams via a referral from another pain management doctor I will not name. Williams in very lacking in pain management and only thinks his needle is a cure all. He needs sent back to Nigeria where hes from and does not deserve the title MD.

Feb 12th, 2015

Dr Williams is a fine doctor. He cares and shows interest. I can now walk without pain thanks to Dr Williams. I would recommmend him!

Ms show details Ms
by Anonymous on May 4th, 2014

This man has no compassion, no empathy or sympathy, NO HEART. How does someone like this man become a doctor without the basics of compassion. I would not send my dog to him. He is more interested in hearing himself talk and putting you down and making you feel stupid than trying to help you with your pain. I won't even give him the respect of calling him doctor. He is a complete jerk and his staff is just as unfriendly. Never again.

Find another doctor. show details Find another doctor.
by Don Stallman on Feb 19th, 2014

Dr. Llewelyn Williams is an associate at Las Cruces Orthopaedic Associates, but that is the best thing one can say about him. As a doctor, he does not communicate with patients; does not seem interested in learning; does not seem interested in patients' well-being. He should return to Pennsylvania ... oh, but ..they did not like him there. Find a different doctor.

Look Elsewhere ! show details Look Elsewhere !
Feb 7th, 2014

I have been disabled with a chronic spinal cord condition which Dr. Williams said he had never heard of ... I was surprised. He did not seem interested in learning about my condition. He is a very poor doctor.

Worst pain dr ever. Quacksalver. Condescending and incompetent show details Worst pain dr ever. Quacksalver. Condescending and incompetent
by M potter on Jan 31st, 2014

I have a longstanding chronic psi condition from a C0-2 dislocation and failed repair. I also have tourettes. I have been treated at major university pain clinics for 20 years and was stable until I saw dr Williams. He strutted into the exam room with a book under his arm and told me and my RN wife that the pain medications I was on "was a life sentence" and that I could be healed by drinking jack lalane juice and not eating pork. Since we never eat pork and know jack lalane is DEAD we were simply astounded by his ignorance and callous indifference. He did no epidurals or other palliative measures and offered nothing to ameliorate my pain. Stay away from this pompous jerk.

Sep 25th, 2013

Awful. Don't go see this Dr. I have had back pain for 2 years and he told me to swim and eat less pork! Excuse me? I dont even eat pork. Total quack. Will absolutely not be going back to see him.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
by Shana on Apr 28th, 2013

I visited Dr. Williams after suffering a herniated disc that left me in horrible pain and on crutches for three months. He administered the epidural steroid injections that helped me cope until I had surgery. He was very thorough, addressing lifestyle changes and my quality of life, not just the injury. I have a rare neurological disorder and have been dismissed by all neurologists in town who don't understand it, so I was fearful of the injections and their impact on my condition. I brought dr. Williams an article and he took the time to read it and discuss my condition with a me prior to the injections. I don't expect any doctor to know every condition out there, but it is surprising to know how many will simply dismiss one they don't understand. Dr. Williams does not suffer from this arrogance. He is kind, professional, and he listens well. I would return to him without reservations. The office at which I saw him, las cruces orthopedic, has some outstanding doctors but the office itself is one of my least favorite places (and I see a a lot of doctors). Their reminder policy is lax/nonexistent but they bill for missed appointments even after assuring they will call with a reminder, and the reception staff are generally rude and hard to get on the phone. Aside from this, my multiple visits with this doctor lead me to highly recommend him.

believe show details believe
by Tammy camfield on Feb 11th, 2013

Amazing. May God bless Dr. Williams /his family/ staff/everyone working there. Please trust him as God has trusted his hands to help you. If you have an open heart and mind it will work.

Jan 23rd, 2013

Don't trust him in having a neuro stimulation inplanted, left me worse then how I was.