A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Lloyd Axelrod:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Lloyd Axelrod is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Axelrod
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. Axelrod Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Lloyd Axelrod, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Lipid Disorders
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Pancreatic Tumor (Islet Cell Adenoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Axelrod graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Axelrod has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Lloyd Axelrod MD is a male Internist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism.
- Where does Dr. Lloyd Axelrod practice?
- Dr. Lloyd Axelrod has 1 office location.
Dr. Lloyd Axelrod practices Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Boston, MA.
See Boston Internists and Boston Endocrinologists.