Dr. Lloyd Hey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Lloyd Hey?

Posted on November 26th, 2016

Dr. Hey gave me my life back. I was diagnosed with flatback syndrome after a failed back surgery, and I was disabled for almost a year. Dr. Hey spent plenty of time with me during my appointment, explaining my options and all the risks that came along with them. He answered all of my questions and treated me with respect and compassion. I researched doctors all across the country, but I felt most confident with him being my surgeon. He has continued to be amazing during my recovery, answering all my questions promptly. Along with my lordosis, Dr. Hey restored my mobility, my confidence, and my zeal for life. I am thankful every day for Dr. Hey and his amazing staff.

Awesome Care!

Posted on November 5th, 2015

Dr. Hey took great care of my son's complex spinal deformity. He has additional neurological disabilities and Dr. Hey and his staff were WONDERFUL with him (and us too!). They took equally good care postoperatively! I really felt that we were family-I am extremely grateful for the care we have received!

Highly recommend for teens with bad scoliosis

Posted on September 30th, 2015

Dr. Hey is wonderful! My daughter had a severe trunk shift with two curves. He got her straightened out and she is now pain free. We would highly recommend Dr. Hey and his staff for teens with bad scoliosis. They took great care of us.

Posted on September 29th, 2015

Dr Hey is an outstanding surgeon! He spends time with his patients, very understanding and caring. Very knowledgable about complex issues regarding spinal Scoliosis!

Best in NC

Posted on September 10th, 2015

Dr. Hey was the third specialist I had seen within a 3 month time frame. My case is rare because my Scoliosis wasn't found until about 2 years ago and even though I am an adult, my curve is still progressing. He took his time in explaining everything to me and was very detail oriented. He answered all my questions and recommended the best treatment possible. I look forward to working with him and I know he will do what's best to get me corrected.

Awesome Doctor !!!!

Posted on September 4th, 2015

I just would like to say if you are a parent, grandparent, etc. that has a child that have Scoliosis and need to have a spine fusion please go and talk with Dr. Hey and his staff. They are so wonderful and friendly. I never had any problem talking with anyone if I had a problem. I have twins and they both had to have the spine fusion and they are so happy that Dr. Hey did it. He talks to the child about what they want. The parent is there, but he let the child say how he/she feel and what they would like to see. The one thing that really stick out is he don't main praying with the family. When my girls had their surgery he prayed with us before he went in to do the surgery and once it was over and he the girls was back in the room and he brought their x-ray in for them to see how straight their spine was he prayed again for one more surgery that went well. I love how he has a connect with God!! Thank you Dr. Hey and staff!

Dr. Hey and staff are awesome!

Posted on August 24th, 2015

The only negative I would say is sometimes you have to wait to see the Dr. but it is worth the wait. He is wonderful! Answers all of your questions, does not seem to be in a hurry to move on to the next patient. His staff is just as professional!

Posted on April 20th, 2015

It's good to have my life back, thanks to Dr Hey .

22 YO Spinal Fusion

Posted on April 14th, 2015

The most amazing doctor I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Dr. Hey is extremely knowledgeable - when pertaining to spinal fusion, Dr. Hey is THE doctor to go to, no others compare. Dr. Hey will tell you exactly like it is, and not always what you want to hear. An hour in his office and I was more at ease than I had been in 10 years dealing with various surgeons. I was 22 when I had my surgery. I am now a little over one year post-op and my 48 degree curve is now undetectable.

Posted on March 11th, 2015

Excellent care, so glad that he was my son's doctor!

Scoliosis Revision Surgery

Posted on February 19th, 2015

I would like to first start off by saying Dr. Hey and his team are absolutely amazing. I am 6 weeks post op from my spinal revision surgery. I had scoliosis correction surgery 6 years ago by a different surgeon. Both of my rods had broken and I was in intense pain. One of my rods was even poking through and you could see and feel it. It was horrible. My deformity was continually worsening as was my posture. The Scoliosis Specialist who had done my first surgery just loaded me up with muscle relaxers and pain meds and acted like I could just live with my broken rods. I knew I had to get a second opinion. One Sunday afternoon I was researching scoliosis surgeons within North Carolina when I came across Dr. Hey's website. I read several reviews that told stories about how Dr. Hey had changed many of his patient's lives. I submitted a patient inquiry form on his website hoping to hear back soon. A couple hours later, Dr. Hey himself called me! I was absolutely shocked to say the least--a doctor called me on a Sunday afternoon?!?! He set up an appointment for me the very next morning (which happened to be Columbus Day--and I was off work). When I met Dr. Hey I just knew I wanted him to do my surgery. He was so confident that not only could he take out my broken rods--but replace them with stronger rods that would give me a straight back and much better posture. I knew that Dr. Hey was an answer to prayer! Once I was admitted for surgery Dr. Hey prayed with me and my family and continued to do so during my entire hospital stay. He made me and my family feel comfortable and confident that I was in good hands. The Duke Raleigh hospital staff were absolutely fantastic! I cannot even explain how attentive and sweet they were to me and my family. The care I received made me feel like I was the only patient in the whole hospital! My experience with the Hey Clinic Team and the Duke Raleigh Hospital staff was incredible. I am now 2 inches taller, and I have a straight back. It is the most amazing feeling ever. I feel so much better than I did before my surgery! I would recommend Dr. Hey to anyone who needs spinal surgery. He is the best!

Posted on February 18th, 2015

I highly recommend Dr. Hey for any parents considering surgery for scoliosis, he did a great job on my 12 year old daughter, and we both couldn't be happier Thank you so much for bettering my daughters life.