Dr. Lloyd Hoffman MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery New York, NY

4.8

October 6th, 2016
Doctor's doctor
Incredibly caring and kind, helped to heal a terrible wound that I thought could never get better but just knowing he was caring for me helped greatly. Goes out of the way to be available and help. No one better!

July 22nd, 2016
The BEST
Dr Hoffman is a gifted surgeon and an incredibly kind human being. I have been his patient on 2 separate occasions (years apart ) for fairly significant , elective procedures,. My first experience being so extraordinarily positive, that I never even considered going elsewhere for procedure #2. Aside from his technical skills and knowledge, his bedside manner is uniquely kind, patient and caring. I feel blessed to have found him many years ago.

March 5th, 2016
Excellent Doctor -- I am Very Pleased
Thank you Dr. Hoffman, you have taken ten years off my life! From the office manager to nurse, to Dr. Hoffman himself it was a very positive experience. Everyone was kind, answered all my questions, and was very efficient. I was terrified to have a face lift, however, today, I am now met with compliments all the time -- "Have you lost weight?" "Do you have a new hairstyle?" To the best compliment of all -- "You look terrific!" I am an RN and would like to say that the OR staff was all first rate. My recovery time was much shorter than expected. I was only uncomfortable for a day or so, and Dr. Hoffman was available if I needed to call him (I did not). I did not even use my pain meds! Overall, it was a great experience, I am VERY glad I had it done. I look very natural -- like myself 20 years ago, not pulled or tight. If you have any hesitation -- meet with a great doctor (have him answer all your questions) and do it!

January 5th, 2016
Tremendous Surgeon
Dr. Hoffman is the best of the best. Not only is he an exceptional surgeon, he is the kindest, most comforting doctor I have ever met. I was worried about the outcome of my procedure, I couldn't be happier! I am feeling the best I have ever felt thanks to Dr. Hoffman. The overall experience was fabulous with him and his staff. I would recommend him in a heartbeat!!

July 30th, 2015
Exceptional - gifted!!
My dermatologist, who is one of the top dermatologists in New York, informed me that I had to have surgery to remove a HUGE cancer on my lower leg. There was a big chance that I could have been disfigured. He sent me to Dr Hoffman who performed the surgery. A large part of my lower leg had to be removed clear to the bone after which Dr Hoffman did a tissue graft which consisted of removing tissue from my thigh and transplanting it to the area of my lower leg where the cancer had been removed. I never thought my leg would look normal after that but, fortunately, Dr Hoffman was so skilled my leg healed and the area where both surgeries took place (i,e, the cancer site and the tissue graft removal site) are barely noticeable. I have had plastic surgery in the past by many surgeons, but Dr Hoffman is the best. He is also very compassionate. I feel blessed to have met Dr Hoffman and to have him save my life!

July 22nd, 2015
Great surgeon
A very great surgeon and a wonderful human being.

July 20th, 2015
Dr Hoffman did an amazing job of fixing an imperfection, one that I had from birth, and had impacted my ability to effectively breastfeed when I had my first child. He did a great job of listening to my concerns, coming up with a solution and was able to effectively fix the issue in his office. The team is warm, discrete and you never have to wait in this office. Overall a wonderful experience from beginning to end. Very professional and skilled. Would recommend Dr. Hoffman without hesitation.

June 30th, 2015
First on line review ever!
I don't ever comment or post reviews. This is my very first! I feel the need to do so now because more and more people are using genuine and trust worthy reviews ( we hope they are right) to choose physicians. In choosing a doctor you need to be able to trust the reviews posted. The only reason I am choosing to write a review now is because I believe so wholeheartedly that someone who had a similar experience to mine or someone who really is in need of plastic surgery may benefit from my opinion and review of Dr. Lloyd Hoffman. So, this is my first review on line ever. I will never be able to truly thank Dr. Hoffman and his whole staff for changing my life. I am a 46 year old woman who had a fairly large squamos cell carcenoma (cancerous tumor) smack in the middle of my face. Forgive any spelling mistakes. Needless to say I was scared out of my mind and sure that I would be scarred for life. A year later I am perfectly healthy and believe it or not scar free! There is a "barely there" tiny little line on my cheek. You can only see it if I am not wearing any make up at all, and you are right up in my face. Needless to say, it has been a year since my surgery to remove the tumor and I am ecstatic with the results. It was my dermatologist who highly recommended Dr. Hoffman. You should also know that in the medical world my dermatologist is the best of the best. She told me under no uncertain terms should I even consider going anywhere else other than Dr. Hoffman. She was so right. Dr Hoffman and his whole staff have been nothing but a blessing to myself and my family. Not only did they all comfort us, literally hold our hands at times but also hugged us often, consoled us and treated us like we were family members. They were ALL warm, friendly and compassionate. I do not understand nor do I believe any of the negative comments left by other people. There is NO way those people could have been treated by the same Dr and office staff I am speaking about now. I do not believe their intentions are to help other people in finding wonderful, reputable, capable doctors. In any event, all I can do is recommend so very highly Dr. Hoffman and the whole office staff at his practice on East 68th St. for letting me have my life back without any compromise to my looks. I was never a vain person, but I was so worried about having a scar on my face after the large tumor was removed. I promise you, you will be thrilled by your decision to use Dr. Hoffman. I mean it literally when I say he is a blessing not only to me but to my family. Don't think twice- call and make the appointment!

April 8th, 2015
Dr Hoffman is the absolute best in every aspect of his field of medicine. I would want him to always treat me, my family,and my dearest friends.

February 3rd, 2015
Dr. Hoffman did extraordinarily skillful work on me. A year ago he removed the double bags under my eyes and the overhanging skin above. The look is natural and gave me back the prettiness I had lost. As with any surgery it looks better after a year when the skin seems to settle in. Dr. Hoffman kept telling me to be patient and he was right! Some people have unrealistic expectations and find problems. As a professor of visual artistic anatomy at NYU for more than 25 years, I know that the two sides of the face are NEVER identical. One side of my face is fuller, one eye more slanted. That’s the way I was born, and the differences in the sides get greater with age. That’s not going to change, but I hope to have Dr. Hoffman do my jaw and neck in the future so I can make the most of what I have. And yes, as others have said, he is kind and caring as well as skillful.

December 16th, 2014
I had a soft tissue infection in my groin area which antibiotics wasn't curing. My gynecologist highly recommended Dr. Hoffman. Dr. Hoffman did surgery on me to remove the infection and the infection is now gone. Dr. Hoffman carefully monitored my recovery from surgery with many post-op visits. I am very happy that I chose Dr. Hoffman to do my surgery.

August 22nd, 2014
Outstanding In Every Way
I first learned about Dr. Hoffman from a friend who had had a facelift with him. As she predicted, he did a magnificent job. Even after just a few weeks, the results are perfectly natural, which was exactly what I had hoped for. In addition to doing superb work, Dr. Hoffman and his entire staff are extremely professional, caring, and nice. The care after surgery was excellent, with regular monitoring, and minimal post-operative discomfort. I am extremely pleased with the results, and most enthusiastically recommend his work.