3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 27th, 2015

Had lithotripsy by Peterson. He told me it wouldnt be painful and i shouldnt miss more than a day at work. I ended up missing a week because it felt like somebody broke my ribs. The reception staff treats you like cattle, not friendly at all. I didn't have the $20 for my copay and the basically shamed me until I got someone to bring me $20. I finally started going to Wake Forest Baptist where I started getting preventative treatment and was treated like a human being.

Not a female's Urologist show details Not a female's Urologist
Aug 6th, 2014

From talking with other patients of his, I don't think Dr. Peterson is the right doctor for a female. He's known as a good uro for males. After a year of treatment and little progress, with me he was condescending, curt and patronizing. He would stand at the door looking at my chart, talking to me as if he was leaving before I'd even have a chance to ask questions; and he did a cystoscopy without any numbing meds or sedation. He eventually told me my constant bladder pain was basically all in my head and I should maybe seek counseling. Thankfully someone on his staff suggested I seek a second opinion, which I did, and was correctly diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis. I believe he knew what the problem was, but thought I couldn't handle the information. I think Dr. Peterson handles male uro problems well, but women would do better seeking help from other doctors in this practice, or other practices in this area.

Jan 21st, 2011

saved my life!!!!

Was not clear in my course of treatment show details Was not clear in my course of treatment
Oct 24th, 2010

I went to this dr for chronic UTI. His bedside manner is brisk and I felt he was somewhat dismissive. The biggest thing was when he said he wanted me back to his office "to look at my bladder" never telling me that this was going to be a cystoscopy. I had to probe to find out I was actually coming back for a procedure. I want a physician who is totally clear on my treatment plan.