Obstetricians & Gynecologists

1221 W Ben White Blvd
Suite B250
Austin, TX 78704
512-462-1717
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Friendly, thoughtful and fast!  |  show details
by Amanda M on Aug 1st, 2014

I like her because she is sure to ask you if you want to have a test done or if you have any general ailments or problems she needs to address rather than just going down a list of things or making you ask her. But she also has never kept me waiting for appointments and she is peppy so you can get going with your day. Highly recommended!

|  Great Overall..  |  show details
by Amanda M on Jun 12th, 2013

I just saw her for the first time after moving here recently. I just came in for an annual check up but she was very friendly, attentive and asked at least twice if I had any questions or concerns. The appointment was quick and easy!

|  Best OB/GYN  |  show details
by Diane F on Jun 10th, 2013

Very professional and extremely nice office, both the nurses, front office and especially Dr. Bachus

|  supreme- trust in her  |  show details
by 1AustinCarol at Citysearch on Aug 30th, 2011 on citysearch.com

She has been my gyno for over five years. I came to her recommended by my GP whose wife used her for 15 years. She is kind and professional. She is a surgeon and operated on me for possible endrometrian cancer. Fortunately,I didn`t have it but did to many issues peformed a complete hystorectomy. She`s personal experience with cancer so has more compassion. I go to her now for my annual and feel comfortable discussing important issues and she doesn`t rush me through appointment. They just went to electronic records which to me is good because `infor is right at their tips` including my current medicines.

|  Bad News  |  show details
by vo131313 at Citysearch on Oct 28th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Dr. Lois Bachus is not professional, her staff is rude, and I would never recommend A Woman`s Place. The office staff makes you feel like you`re inconveniencing them by trying to schedule an appointment time that is convenient for you I really don`t think \"towards the beginning of the day, near lunchtime, or towards the end of the day\" is asking a lot. When I had my one and only appointment with Dr. Bachus, it was the standard stuff. Nothing that would make me want to recommend her to a friend, but nothing terrible. She asked me if I was planning on pregnancy, and when I said yes, within this year, she didn`t seem to have anything relevant to say other than \"oh.\" I felt a little put off by that, since in my mind, getting pregnant is a big deal and something that an OBGYN should comment on. On to my second appointment. I called for a reminder of exactly where they were located off 290 it had been a year since my first appointment and to let them know I would be 10 minutes late--I got caught up as I was leaving work. Well, when I arrived 10 minutes late as warned, I got a cold reception, which I was not too surprised by since I was a little late. I noticed that my new health insurance card was not in my wallet I only had the dental insurance card on me, and I apologized and asked what I could do. The front desk girl said that they couldn`t see me without my information, unless I paid the un-insured price. They would not budge on letting me call in my information as soon as I got home, or letting me run home to get my information. I said I would pay the full price of a check-up, 90, because I didn`t want to have to take another afternoon off work. In the meantime, I said I would run out to my car to grab my phone while I was waiting, so I could try to get my insurance information from Humana over the phone. When I got back in the waiting room about 30 seconds later, the rude front desk girl called me over and said, \"I just spoke to the doctor, we need to re-schedule your appointment because you`ve gone outside of the 15-minute window.\" So I asked what time it was, and she said 316. Only one minute after the window, and I`d already been in the waiting room talking with the front desk person for 5 minutes. So, I take off work in the middle of the afternoon, drive through 3 school zones to get to my appointment, call to let them know as soon as I realize that I`m running a few minutes late, am treated rudely when they see that I`m missing my insurance information admittedly a stupid mistake, but I cannot believe the way it was handled, and am told to re-schedule even though I offered to pay the un-insured, full price. Well, I will re-schedule, but with a different doctor. On a positive note, I learned that I should not be trusting important things like the birth of a child to a rude, inconsiderate, clearly self-important person like Dr. Lois Bachus.

|  Most Excellent!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Mar 29th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I have recommended Dr. Bachus to my friend! The staff seems grumpy at first, but they are just doing business and moving things along. Once ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Recommended  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 11th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Bachus is a hippie-ish, laid back obgyn. She really is very caring and willing to explain the pros and cons of everything you`ve ever b...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Jan 7th, 2009

I have always had a great experience with Dr Bachus!1 I stared seeing her when I was 15... I am now 34....

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
by AUS888 on Dec 12th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I had the best 1st appointment ever with a very bright and caring doctor. She is full of updated information and very professional.

|  Unbelievable  |  show details
Dec 1st, 2008

Please tell me if I am crazy. About five months ago Dr. Lois Bachus diagnosed me with severe dysphasia and informed me that I would need a cone biopsy. So, I went in for the same day surgery. To have some emotional support, I had my husband, step mother and grandma come with me to the hospital. Now to get the whole story I need to give you some history. One month before I was diagnosed my biological mother died of a drug overdose. This was very unexpected event in my life and is still very hard for me to deal with. So I went in for my regular pap (witch was the pap that she saw the dysphasia in) and the first thing she said to me (before I told her about my mother) she commented on how much weight I have gained and how fat I am. I gained about 50 LBS after my mother passed away. After I explained that my mother had passed away she confirmed with me that it was not my step mother and I told her it was my biological mother, because Lois Bachus is also my step mother 's gyn. Ok back to the surgery. After I had the surgery I was to start my menstrual cycle the very next week. I know lucky me. I usually use tampons but Dr. Bachus said not to put anything inside the vagina for two weeks so I used pads. Not having used pads in about 15 years I was not really sure what to buy. The pads I bought I guess were too big because I got a sort of dipper rash from them. So naturally I called Dr. Bachus's nurse to see what it was or what/how I could treat it. Dr. Bachus told the nurse that it was a yeast infection and said to call in the medicine for it. The nurse however set me up an appointment to come in to see her. When I got to the appointment Dr. Bachus informed me of what she had instructed her nurse to do and was clearly upset with me because of her nurses mistake. So she looked at the rash and said it was not a yeast infection but a dipper rash. Keep in mind she was trying to call me in medication for something I did not have. After she came back with a cream for me to put on the area she stood back and crossed her arms and looked right at me and said. "I thought you said your mother passed away?" I said, puzzled "Yes, she did". Dr.Bachus replied. "I saw your mother at your surgery, how could she be dead?" I said "That's my step mother." Dr.Bachus did not apologize for being rude or for her mistake. A few days later I received a letter in the mail from Dr. Bachus saying "I believe our patience doctor relationship has been compromised." And that she could no longer continue seeing me. I am over floored my this. Dr. Bachus was my gyn for six years plus. I guess I never knew how poorly I was being taken care of because I thought it was the norm. But as I have come to find out it is not the norm. After I got a new obgyn she informed me that I have a staph infection right on the crease of my inner thigh where it meets my private area. Dr. Bachus had told me that was irritated in grown hair follicles', and I could do nothing but stop shaving down there to help the problem (witch is not the case!). She is rude, had no bed side manor, and miss diagnoses a serious infection (witch my new obgyn diagnosed right away). This is just my opinion/experience. An I crazy for thinking she is a horrible doctor.

by bettypennington on Sep 14th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have gone to Dr. Bachus for many years and she is ALWAYS wonderful. She goes above and beyond what is expected. When she said she was going to get some additional information for me, it was done the next day - and she called me about it! I love her a

|  Dr. Bachus is a Standout in her field!  |  show details
by smcilroy on May 16th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Bachus is absolutely the greatest! She always works with the patient's best interest at heart no matter what the insurance says. I have heard her (through the wall, while waiting) "tell off" an insurance company and that she would never sacrifice the well-being of a patient just to meet the insurance's "standards, quotas, or limits." Dr. Bachus is a wonderful and understanding red-headed woman....you would be so lucky to have her as your gyn., doctor, or friend!

by MvG2007 on Apr 30th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I can only write about Dr. Bachus as she's the only person I've seen here, but I have to say I just had the best gyno appointment in my LIFE (and at 27 and having lived in multiple cities I've seen a few). She answered my questions fully and with informa

|  Definitely a "must see"  |  show details
by Dkennedy on Nov 12th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I've been going to Dr. Bachus for almost 15 yrs. now, & HANDS DOWN, she's the "best of the best" - "cream of the crop"! She's detailed & specific, professional with a cheery demeanor - (Great laugh) - my sister once said "She's so bubbly, I just wanna slap her!) - That's the kid of gal Dr. Bachus is!! Overall great doctor, ladies!!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  my girl  |  show details
by maryspam on Nov 5th, 2007 on kudzu.com

This OB_GYN doctor is the bomb. I love this women. When I first met her I didn't think I would like her.OMG she is wonderful, I heard her when she was done. she is straight and to the point.

by mrmack on May 13th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Dr. Turner treats you like an old friend! She's professional and has an excellent bedside manner! She wants to know what's going on and how you are really doing! She's compassionate and understanding! She gets the exam done quickly and efficiently.