Dr. Long-Dei Liu Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Long-Dei Liu?

Careless doctor Long-Dei Liu

Posted on February 10th, 2015

Dr. Long-Dei Liu was my wife's obstetrician in America. Due to his negligence and a series of faults, ,my babyboy was stuck in obstetric canal for more than 20 minute, and he lost breath and heartbeat for 10minutes after birth! This leads to hypoxia in his brain, axillary nerve injury and clavicle fracture on right side. My wife suffered from postpartum hemorrhage, and had to received three surgeries after delivery. My baby was then transferred to NICU of another hospital nearby. I was extremely terrified when the doctor in NICU told me that my baby’s survival chance was only 10%, and even if he survived, he will most likely to fall to a disability. After two weeks of rescue and treatment, the baby is now temporarily out of danger, the diagnosis were : 1.temporary control of hypoxic brain damage. We need to wait for 18months to know whether there is any sequelae which may impact baby’s intelligence. 2.nerve injury on right arm, which required long time physical therapy, and there is a risk that the right arm may never function normally. After consulted with other medical experts, we realized how irresponsible Dr. Liu is! First of all, Dr. Liu only measured blood pressure and body weight for my wife during antenatal examinations. He did not do any urine test, blood test or glucose test even though my wife mentioned that she has gestational hyperglycemia. He just simply said: it’s not a big deal if you control it well. However, hyperglycemia, larger fetus and aged puerpera are three risk fators of the shoulder dystocia in delivery. Unfortunately, Dr. Liu ignored them. Second, before labor, Dr. Liu had already found fetal heartbeat was abnormal, but he did not consider to do Caesarean section for my wife, and even worse, he did not tell us the risks of continuing eutocia. His false decision directly led to serious consequences to both of the baby and the mother. Third, Dr. Liu did not operate correctly according to the standard procedures when he found the fetal shoulder dystocia. He did not inform us about the risks either. His faults caused my baby stucked in obstetric canal for more than 20 minute, and resulted in baby’s brain hypoxia and right arm nerves injury, and mother’s severe postpartum hemorrhage. My wife and my son almost died because of Dr. Liu false operation and decision! However everytime when I asked Dr. Liu about the situation of delivery, he always told me:” It is not a big deal, everything is fine.” God bless, my wife and son survived after all what had happened. But the most unbelievable thing is, Dr. Liu did not realize what he had done improperly and he did not feel sorry for his mistakes. He insisted that there was no problem! He even said that maternal mortality is common, and it is very lucky that my wife doesn’t have to do hysterectomy due to bleeding! He even claimed that he’s not afraid if we decide to sue him, because his insurance company would pay all for his lawsuit. How dare him! Now I realized that why this seventy-year-old doctor commit such a stupid mistake again and again. The main reason is that he does not care about life, and this careless resulted in his extremely irresponsible attitude, and forced my family take all the risks without awaring the truth. We do not intend to let Dr. Liu to bear our financial burden, and we do not have time or energy to sue him. But we hope that more people could see this article before selecting Dr. Liu as their doctor, and those agencies which may have cooperation with him are able to have a prudential consideration before making choices. Just a couple of days after my wife discharged, another pregnant woman who is also Dr. Liu’s patient, gave a baby birth in the car before arriving hospital. This is because when she called Dr. Liu at late night and said that she was suffering a severe pain of uterine contraction every 2 minutes, Dr. Liu insisted that she should stay home until midnight. Unfortunately the baby was born in the car at 10:00pm without preparation. We can imagine the sanitary condition in a car. The mother had a huge tearing wound that needed to be sewed, but Dr. Liu arrived the hospital half a hour later. The other doctors and nurses in this hospital were shocked and asked Dr. Liu: "Are you mad to let her deliver in the car??" Such stupid mistake is unbelievable in the US with advanced medical condition. Accidents happened twice a week and bring irreversible harm to the mothers and babies! Actually these are not accidents! I can only say that he was too old to make basic professional judgment, he was too muddled to have normal human conscience! Cherish our life and keep away from the doctor Long-Dei Liu!

Nice Doctor

Posted on June 8th, 2010

My horrible OB switched the insurance he would accept when I was 38 weeks along. I tried switching to a few different doctors and no one took patients that late. I finally found Dr. Liu. He is very nice and his office isn't busy.I waited a short time and he always brings you in his personal office for a visit and asks if you have questions. He delivered my son by scheduled c section (repeat choice) and my son was born with a problem. While all the hospital staff and pediatrics team members were telling me "HUGE EMERGENCY!" or "HE IS VERY SICK!!" Dr Liu was the only one to say "He is going to be alright, just a little problem will get fixed soon enough. Try not to worry" and wouldn't you know it a week later my son was home.Very kind doctor. Has accent but nice bed side manner and very skilled. Also located next door to GG Hospital.

Posted on August 4th, 2017