Dr. Lonnie Amico MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 18th, 2017
Cash cow
Greetings to anyone reading this post . I normally don't like to write a negative review about anyone but this particular experience with Dr. Amico prompted me to do so ... and to merely write the truth and nothing but the truth about my experience . On my very first visit with Dr. Amico he made it clear that my insurance would not like me because if all the MRI'S he was about to order .... so essentially he made a virtual cash cow out of me and took advantage of my vulnerability and my trust in him . He ordered a total of 5 very strong MRI'S and when I had my followup to discus my results he told me that he didn't order the 5 MRI'S and then he paused for a moment and probably thought about what he said . He proceeded by telling me that with age I should except headaches and that the vertigo is nothing associated with the headaches . He continued by telling me that " If you're in pain take a Motrin " . On the final day I seen him ..I knew it would be my last and final visit with him . He was unpleasant and rude and he didn't even discuss my results with me . " Live with it " he said . " Thats what happenes with age " . I left his office more confused then I've ever been with any other doctor/s I've seen in the past prior to seeing him . I still haven't gotten the bills for the 5 MRI'S but I know they will be costly not to mention how long and unpleasant they were . The contrast dye made me nauseous and gave me worse headaches then I already had . Anything to make money at the cost of the vulnerable who are suffering and who put their lives in the trust of these questionable mentalities . After this very unpleasant experience I lost my faith in medical establishment .

January 10th, 2017
Don't waste your time.
After seeing Dr. Cristea i was told to see Dr. Amico because Dr. Cristea didn't know what was going on. I had a 28 minute recorded appointment with Dr. Amico because l was by myself and wanted my husband to listen to my results incase it was important to listen in fear of the results of my MRI. Which l recieved nothing, no reading, no results, he didn't even take the time to look at them . All he did was mess with his computer that wasn't working properly. All I heard was Mary, Joseph, Jesus from him many times over. A tech came in and gave him a laptop to see my MRI which he said he'll look at it on his own time at home in his leisure time. That he didn't want to look now. I responded would you please look at my MRI, which he didn't. He said if he MRI everyone in the office he'd see something different. What? What? My appoinment, my health. What was I there for? NOTHING. After consulting later that day with the office manager, She said she'd call me tomorrow. The office manager called me later the next day and said Dr. Amico tried to call you last night several times because you were upset. Well, I don't hold tight to my phone like others and was expecting a call the next day like I was told. The end result, Bill my insurance and no answer to my medical sight issue. I was told that I don't have to continue going there and they'll release my records after I sign a release paper. I ask the office manager if she would like to listen to my recorded appointment? She said no. Don't go there, it's a Merry-go-round of rich doctors and no answers.

October 28th, 2015
Really disappointed in my experience here. It was very hard to get an appointment and the staff is so rude! Had to wait over an hour and then got many unneeded testing done. Do not recommend.

September 16th, 2015
Dr. Amico first treated my husband when he had a stroke. He was very attentive and was even there on a Sunday. His directive was accurate and my husband made an amazing recovery. When we thought my husband had dementia, Dr. Amico again was very thorough and helped us with all of the questions and how we would face the future. I cannot express my thankfulness enough for his dedication to Alzheimers and Dementia.

August 20th, 2015
Very good doctor and caring. talks and listens to what I had to say. stays a long time in the office with me... the staff is great. If I call to ask questions or request medication...had no problem getting it. I can go to him anymore, I live too far away and can't drive now so I had to stop seeing him. Sudre miss him too

December 6th, 2014
Avoid like the Plague
Awful experience. Dr. Amico seems to have a lot of confidence in his opinions and is quite impressed with himself. Too bad his skills aren't as lofty as his ego. He does a disservice to the medical profession. I was lucky to escape his "care" before he caused too much permanent damage.

September 19th, 2014
in a crisis situation staff unavailable and unresponsive- asked if they were too busy to recommend course of action to refer us to someone else or advise about hospitalization- NO response whatsoever in a 27 hour period-during normal working hours submitted one star but only because it was as low a score as I could give

March 12th, 2010
Dizzy
Finally found someone who cared after seeing 2 GPs, 1 ENT and finally Dr Amico Thank God! Excellent would recommend to anyone needing a neurologist.

February 4th, 2008
Thanks to Dr. Amico!
I wonder how long I would of had prolonged medical testing if I had not gone to him for the testing and great medical care. He referred me to a surgical doctor away that I respect and glad that he chose to refer the doctor who did my surgery. He has a caring attitude that makes the medical problems easier to handle.

May 5th, 2017