Family Physicians

6000 N Bailey Ave
Ste 1D
Buffalo, NY 14226
716-834-4266
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Sep 11th, 2013

Welcome back to civilization Dr. Walter!! After being in the bowels of the "practice" called WNY Medical your new practice and the office staff is like heaven. I'm so glad that we can now have you as our doctor again!

|  Another review  |  show details
by Adam on Aug 23rd, 2013

First off, let me say that I work with Physicians for my job so I have interacted with thousands of different physicians over the last 4 years. My job is technology related, not sales. Dr Walter was my primary for 8 years. I would rate him average to slightly above average. I found him to be very polite with a good bedside manner. He was able to use the office EMR without it taking away from my visits. Much of the advice he gave me really helped. If I did have an issue with Dr Walter, it was that I didnt always feel like he was taking an active enough role in my overall health. Some of this view developed since I switched Doctors (when he left Amherst, i switched to a new practice). My current doctor really takes an active role in making sure that I'm healthy including things with my weight, overall well being, etc. Dr Walter is not that type of physician, he will most certainly help you when you are having problems, and do it in a kind, professional way. If your the type of person who might need a little bit of a push, Dr Walter might not be the provider for you, if you're just looking for a very kind, knowledgeable, professional, then I would highly recommend Dr Walter.

May 26th, 2013

My daughters and I have been eith Dr. Walter since we moved here 20 years ago. I don't know the reasons behind him leaving his office on Bailey Ave. were but we hated the thought of him no longer being our dr. When he relocated and joined WNY Medical we didn't hesitate to have our records sent over. I made an appointment last week for a physical. I was called late in the afternoon the day before by a very snippy woman reminding me of it. She told me there would be a no show charge if I didn't call to cancel 24 hours before the appointment and since I didn't have 24 hours left I needed to be there and to get there 30 mins early. When I got the I was appalled at the condition of the waiting room. It was small,could only seat 9 people, hot, the carpet was filfty and the very exposed bathroom was gross. It was like walking into a wellfare clinic. After making my way through all the standing people to check in the woman behind the desk was very rude. Had to stand to fill out the paperwork. After STANDING there waiting for almost an hour because only one person had been called I ask for my copay back and left. Hopefully Dr. Walter will join a cleaner, more professional practice and let me know as we would happily go to, but I can't return to this practice.

by Pellegrino Family on May 10th, 2013

We feel fortunate to have found a Doctor who listens and does not jump to conclusions. Does not send for unnecessary tests. He is always there when needed and has been our family Dr. for 18 years.

|  Current Patient  |  show details
by Gail S. Chapman on Apr 29th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Walter's since he started practicing. I would recommend him to everyone as long as you are not afraid to hear the truth. He is concerned and does not hesitate to tell you what he thinks, but also will listed to your prospective. He has always kept anything I told him in confidence and has been a tremendous support to me and my family. He is the first physician who actually listens to me. I feel confident in discussing anything with him. He has helped me during my "darkest" periods. I feel lucky to have him as a physician and his support system.

|  Pill pusher  |  show details
by Lynn on Apr 21st, 2013

Very nice and listens to concerns. Good at explaining what he thinks the issue might be, but likes to prescribe pills versus doing testing. My father had cancer which was discovered too late do to his quick fix pill prescribing. I have been having health concerns, but a pill is not the fix for me so I will seek another doctor to see whats really wrong. I feel he needs to do a better job on examinations.

Oct 1st, 2011

Dr. Walter is knowledgeable, compasionate and understanding. I would recommend him to everyone.

|  Dr Lonny Walter  |  show details
by Kaiser Family on Jan 18th, 2010

Dr. Walter has been our family doctor for 20 plus years. He is always easy to talk to and honest in his recommendations of treatments when needed. His bedside manner is calming and he is not afraid to refer if he feels the need to do so.

Mar 7th, 2009

lousyworst experience everi woulnt send my worst enemy here