Dr. Lora Plattner MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Scottsdale, AZ

3.6

June 3rd, 2016
Dr Plattner AOK.
Dr Plattner has done 12 surgeries for me. 5 this year. She's good. So is her staff. They clearly like their jobs. Never had an accounting beef. They make ure you understand what you need to do later. (Important)

November 9th, 2015
A most gracious and knowledgeable dermatologist, who is very professional. Surgical procedures are aptly performed and completed with satisfaction. and I have had five, with Mohs surgery as well.

October 19th, 2015
I have been treated several times for skin cancers by Dr. Plattner. I have found her to be very professional and always has a kind attitude. Her staff has always been attentive and friendly and appointment times are kept on schedule. I have been very happy with Dr Plattner and her staff and would highly recommend her.

August 5th, 2015
I have been a patient with Dr Plattner for many many years and was referred to her practice from another dermatologist in Scottsdale. Through the years I have had her as my doctor I have never had any situations that did not meet my highest expections of feeling totally secure with defining the medical problem and getting the finest treatment. Dr Plattner has always explained the procedure needed and completed all treatment with a personal interest in my well being. I would and do recommend Dr Plattner for anyone needing a most highly qualified and caring doctor. Her professional and kind staff have always gone above and beyond to assist me in any way needed, and have always phoned after a procedure to check on my welfare. I am very thankful I was referred to her.

March 10th, 2015
Office staff is very difficult,

September 18th, 2013
She's dangerous, don't see her!!!!
Dr platter is an awful physician, don't risk your life! She doesn't care about her patients and has poor bedside manner. As a physician, I would never refer my patients to her

May 21st, 2013
Good luck getting an appointment
I made an appointment because of a spot on my cheek. It takes forever to get an appointment. When they found a per-cancerous spots on my cheek, I ask to have them look over my neck and arms too. Because I had only mentioned my cheek, they said I'd have to make another appointment, and that they are booked up for several months.

November 7th, 2012
Rude receptionist, botched surgery
I went to Dr. Plattner for a MOHS surgery for a basal cell carcinoma. At the follow-up appointment to check the incision the wound had popped open on one end. I was told it would probably still heal ok. Now I have a divit right in the middle of my forehead. I went back to attempt to have her revise it, and after paying 5k for the mohs surgery they wouldnt let me see the doctor without paying for another office visit. I explained that my insurance doesn't cover this, and it is not ethical to not see me for a condition caused by the work she did. I ended up having to leave and will now have to see another doctor out of pocket to get it revised.

November 2nd, 2012
Avoid This Practice
Rude reception/check out staff. Never got the calls and test results as promised. They left suture in my wife's head resulting in needing palstic surgery and a permanent scar ... you get scolded by the PA and nurses who never adequately explain what their concerns are , failed to catch a drug interaction with me ... as you cn imiagine we went to another practice and requested records moved. Then received a very snarky letter "We are ... terminating your dermatologic care here, ... and will no longer be ... your providers." Tacky, tacky, tacky. HIGHLY disliked my experience and had nothing but problems with their work and competency, as was experience of my wife. Glad to be terminated!

December 6th, 2010
Outstanding Care
My experience is the best I've had during my 20 years in Arizona. Dr. Plattner spent time explaining the procedures, was quite through in her examine and was not in a hurry to rush off to the next patient as the other dermatologits seem to do. I would definetely recommend her and I have already.

July 20th, 2010
Refused to use mole mapping during skin checks. I was told they do not have time for that (even though I have a brother that has passed away from melanoma and my father has melanoma). Had a severely atypical mole removed and they had to remove more skin around the area to make sure they got all the bad cells. They LOST this biopsy so I will never know for sure if it was taken care of accurately.