Dr. Lora Pound MD Patient Reviews

3.8

March 14th, 2015
Never going back
Took my daughter in for anxiety. Dr. Pound's assistant wanted to take her for evaluation without my or my 18 year olds permission. She put me in another room tricking me into thinking we were talking about my daughter and at the same time Dr. Pound snuck in to talk to my daughter. Luckily she didn't talk suicidal and when Dr. Pound came in to talk to me I reassured her that my daughter just had anxiety. It was a scary moment. Never going back. I don't like doctor's tricking me.

January 20th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr. Pound for over 30 years. I have her in very high regard. However, her recent change in affiliation has had serious consequences in office response to patient's needs. The automated phone sytem is very difficult to navigate, and even if I call during the posted office hours, I am usually transferred to her answering service, who in turn often tells me to call her office directly. Prescription renewals are handled up to 72 hours after I call in the request! More than once I have had to go to other doctors to get a critical prescription.

August 28th, 2014
Upset Patient
Where do I begin, ok our original Dr. Chadband left the Medical field and they referred me to this Dr Pound. She seemed very nice the first visit and by the next couple of visits she seemed to not have time in her overbooked schedule for me. I needed to be seen just recently and she wouldn't make time in her schedule for a sick visit and the lady at the front desk Jackie Miller was very rude with me. Needless to say since I could not be seen I was forced to go to the local ER room. I had a horrible UTI that wasn't taking to the medicines she prescribed for me and her lack of concern for my pain landed me in the hospital for an overnight stay with lots of IV medications and real care for their patients St Vincents East actually made sure that I was better before my release. It is truly funny that they are from the same Healthcare system because Dr. Pound is truly not a caring God fearing lady She is such an money loving uncaring Dr. would possibly needs to take less patients or retire because she can not handle the patient load. Do Not See This DR.... You will regret wasting your time and money with her.

June 19th, 2014
Rush in. Rush out.

March 29th, 2014
Rude, could have costed me my career with diagnosis.
My employment requires me to be physically fit and tests me on pushups, situps, and running a distance within a certain time twice a year. About a month before my test, I noticed pain in my ankle while running so I made an appointment. First appointment, she found nothing and told me to wait a week for a second appointment and still found nothing wrong with my ankle. I decided to get back to running that night, and then the pain in my ankle became excruciating to the point I could barely walk... so I quickly made a 3rd appointment. Dr. Pound for a 3rd time told me there was nothing wrong, and outright refused to write me a running waiver that could have exempted me from the running segment of my test. I was limping, and she told me I was good to run? I was in no condition to pass this assessment for work which would have jeopardized my employment, but she couldn't have cared less. She had the nerve to tell me "You probably just have shin splints. Power through it. That doesn't get you out of doing PT!" in a very condescending tone. She implied I was feigning an injury and trying to get out of running. She has no frame of reference to my organization's regulations, and really nothing to gain from conducting herself like that to me. I went to American Family Care a week later, and they easily found that my right fibula was fractured. I got put on limited duty at work, had to wear a walking boot, and was not allowed to exercise for 5 months, while Dr. Pound found nothing in 3 tries and told me to keep running. I switched my PCM that very day.

March 6th, 2013
Long-term Patients
I and my family have been patients with Dr. Pound for nearly 25 years. She is patient, soft spoken and not prone to over-booking or cattle-call tactics experienced in many practices. She's been helpful, quietly supportive and non-judgmental throughout many ills, minor and major. Since she was practically the only GP in Trussville for years, she is currently saddled with a disproportionate number of recent retirees now on Medicare which severely limits payments for care and tests. Unlike other physicians however, she has not yet suggested that we seek "geriatric" specialists as friends have experienced with other physicians.

August 21st, 2012
I like this doctor
A friend recommended that I see Dr. Pound. And,I have, after a few visits changed to her as my primary care physician. She is not one to sit and chat but that matters little to me. I don't go to the doctor to socialize. More importantly is that when I had a fall, she went the second mile to be sure that I had no damage to my head or eyes. On one visit, She spotted a problem that my gynocologist had overlooked and once I went back to the gynocologist and got proper care, my life has changed for the better. I think that she is a good doctor and I am glad that I found her.

November 11th, 2011
I thought I was the only one.
I choose a female doctor for the same reasons that many women do...to find compassion and someone to listen. I haven't received that with you and I think I shall find another doctor who not only spends more than a minute or two with me but who also appreciates that I choose them over anyother physician. My money could be better spent with another doctor. That's what you're being paid for...

September 5th, 2011
what happened to you?
don't think you still care about your patients. you seemed caring when I first saw you many years ago. now you don't always listen to me and I feel like you just want to get through your day. I will have to find another doctor so I can be sure someone really listens to me and I can trust with my health again.

April 20th, 2011
Nice facilty, but she does not take time for you to ask questions...she is gone before I could even remember the first question I wanted to ask....and I have visited her a couple of times. She is just not very personable.