Dr. Lora Truckenbrod MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Saint Paul, MN

2.4

January 28th, 2017
My mother had cancer
Over a period of 2 years my mom had an open wound traveling up her neck. It started with a biopsy smaller than a grain of rice at the base of her neck. It then turned in to a one inch gaping wound and traveled up behind her ear as a hole about one half inch in diameter. My mom was seeing Dr. Truckenbrod every 3-4 months. And I wrote and called the Dr about my concerns. And I was not on release of confidential info., in fact no one in our family was, so she could not speak to me. I kept telling my mom she had better go to a dermatologist and my mom said “if the Dr is concerned about it and tells me to go I will.” (What Dr. is not concerned about a gaping wound that won’t heal) So I finally went to the Dr with my mom. And at that time it was behind her ear. The Dr. said “I never thought too look behind your ear.” I just could not say anything I was so angry. My mom, 83 yrs old at the time, had to have a 13 hour surgery due to extensive cancer under the skin. Hold your hand up and spread your fingers against your neck just below your ear. That is how extensive the cancer was. She lost part of ear lobe, and several nerves in face and neck and has a skin flap 2 inches across and about 5 inches long and 3 inches across at the bottom. And she lost a major muscle which leaves her arm weak. Not to the mention the foot long scar she has on her side/back where they had to get the skin flap.

September 9th, 2013
excellent care
Dr. Truckenbrod always spent the amount of time needed to answer all my questions. She was proactive. She acted quickly and ordered all tests needed when breast thickening was suspected. Mammogram would never find my kind of cancer. So instead of waiting to see if there were any changes to breast over time she ordered an MRI even though the thickening was slight, not obvious. As a result my kind of cancer usually is discovered at stage 4 according to my onchologist. Thanks to Dr. Truckenbrod's proactive stance mine was discovered at stage 2 and I was very thankful. She has always provided direct and accurate information in all my visits.

July 10th, 2013
biased and untrustworthy
I visited her for several years and thought she was thorough and pleasant, but at my last appointment she treated me very poorly, misinformed me, and demonstrated a lack of empathy and awareness of the emotions of her patients. I am fat, and she tried to shame and scare me into losing weight through misinformation and a judgmental, dismissive attitude. It's been years since this unfortunate incident and it took me a long time to trust medical professionals again, but I have found a new doctor who treats me with respect and helps me take care of my body. No one should settle for a doctor like this - there are skilled, respectful professionals out there!

October 25th, 2011
Wrong Business
She is judgmental and uninterested in preventative medicine. I left her office actually in tears. After five appointments like this, I found a doctor who figured out what was wrong with me.