inactive

Loren B Frankel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 27th, 2016
I could go on and on. 1. no apology for tardiness 2. did not look at me while introducing herself, or when shaking her dead fish hand 3.did not listen to my heart or lungs 4. did not ask if i had any questions 5.did not know what hormone therapy i asked her about 6.did not say when the pap smear results would be ready 7.asked about vitamins i might be on but didn't ask for names of them 8.she stunk of coffee and cigarettes 9. did not prescribe the correct medication dosage although i mentioned my concerns to her 10. did not follow up with results of pap smear 11.did not follow up with tests from urine sample 12. rushed through the exam

August 20th, 2015
Not exactly and expert in bioidentical hormones.
She is supposed to be an expert in bioidentical hormones and she asked me what hormones I wanted to use. Shouldn't she know? I asked her if she had ever taken them and she said no. I felt like she was trying to push the novasure on me for heavy periods even though that it not what I was in there for.

July 6th, 2015
Dr. Frankel is the BEST OB/GYN Doctor I have ever seen. Very caring & compassionate. Up to date on the latest procedures for womens needs. She did the Nova Sure procedure on me and it changed my life. She is very informative and knowledgeable about HRT creams! She has helped me have a healthier lifestyle and I'm sure she can help you too!

February 2nd, 2015
Unacceptable Bedside Manner
I was in my early stages of pregnancy and started to have complications. When i became concerned, I called her for an appointment. She told me I was probably starting to miscarry which was probably for the best. No words of comfort or any show of concern. She never even called to follow up with me. I immediately changed to another GYN.

August 20th, 2012
takes plenty of time to listen to problems. never feel rushed.

August 30th, 2011
A doctor to humilate and degrade you!
I was a patient of Dr Loren Frankel, new to south carolina, I was having purple lesions on my groin, breasts and armpits that were leaking and had a foul smell, it took me years to get the courage to talk to a doctor about this, as it was such a private matter. She proceeded to tell me "I was a dirty person and needed to shower and use more SOAP AND WATER! mortified I left her office NEVER TO RETURN!!!! Later to find out I have a rare disease called Hidradentitis Suppurativa! This doctor has scared me for life in trusting doctors!!!

July 18th, 2011
Good Experience
Dr. Frankel makes you feel at ease.

September 9th, 2010
What a great experience overall. The staff is courteous and friendly and it was very easy to get an appointment. There is always a human who answers the phone, not the usual press 1 to make an appointment, etc. Dr. Frankel is friendly and warm and made what is usually an uncomfortable visit into a quick, easy and thorough appointment. I will never go anywhere else again!

August 16th, 2010
Great Dr.
Dr. Frankel is a great and caring doctor. She delivered my daughter 4 years ago and is still my GYN. I can't recommend her enough.

July 26th, 2010
Finaaly I have found a good doctor in the Lowcountry !
The best experience I have ever had. Was worth the drive, as i live on the other side of town. Staff was nice. Felt very comfortable. I highly recommend Dr. Loren.

May 26th, 2010
I was embarrassed to go to the doctor...
I've been a nurse for 26 years, worked in OB, GYN, and Pediatric settings for most of my career. I wanted to see a doctor outside of the clinic where I worked. A friend recommended Dr. Frankel to me. I went to her for a GYN problem which was embarrassing for me to discuss, so I kept putting it off. Dr. Frankel was so "matter of fact" with me and discussed my problem with ease and comfort. She made me realize I didn't need to wait and suffer with this...just come in for diagnosis & treatment. I have been seeing her for routine women's health care and other acute issues as they arise for over 3 years. YES, ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND DR. FRANKEL!!!

October 16th, 2008
Couldn't ask for a better Dr.
She is an amazing Doctor who is very understanding of your needs. She along with the staff at East Cooper made my delivery a very good experience. I reccomend her to everyone I know looking for a gyn/ob Dr.