Dr. Loren Jenkins MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 3rd, 2011
major spine surgery
Surgery is not for everyone. Since I needed it for degenerative disk disease, spinal stenosis and scoliosis, I figured we should do it all at once. Three months after a 15 hour surgery with rods from T7 to L4, I am no longer having to take pain med's. My back is straight, I am healing and making great progress!

March 9th, 2010
Excellent surgeon
I was referred to Dr. Jenkins when my MRI showed a massive hernia at my L5-S1 disc. Upon meeting him, I explained that my condition worsened so much that I had severe pain in both legs and it started going into my groin. He made me feel very comfortable and assured me that the pain I was experiencing was valid due to the size of the hernia. He explained the hemilaminectomy and microdiscectomy procedure, went through the checklist of what the risks and benefits were, and scheduled the appointment for surgery a week from our office visit. I was pretty scared to get back surgery. I watched my grandfather go through it many years ago and he was never quite the same afterwards. So I had a preconceived notion that this was going to royally suck. I did a lot of frantic research beforehand and found conflicting results from people who had the surgery I was in for, so I went in expecting the worst but hoping for the best. I went in at 6 am for the procedure, surgery began at 8, lasted about 2 hours plus, and I was out of the Kaiser facility by noon. The pain was pretty intense at the incision, but it was a different kind of pain than what I'd been experiencing. Had no pain in my legs. I could walk without assistance or without a pronounced limp that same day. After suffering for six months of debilitating pain, I am happy to report that I am in a much better place and am able to return to normal day-to-day activities. I couldn't be more pleased, and am thankful to have been referred to such an awesome doctor. Best of luck to those searching for answers.

October 22nd, 2008
Tim
Great surgeon. I had no complications and he was very professional and understanding of my problem. I would highly recommend him to friends and family.