Dr. Loren Vorlicky MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

November 22nd, 2015
I can trust him to do the most proficient job of fixing lytic lesions to hip replacement. I had no infection and less pain.

January 31st, 2013
Provided the right care when we needed it
My son suffered a broken bone and Dr Vorlicky performed the surgery and provided all of the follow up care. We had a great experience and my son healed even better than expected.

November 5th, 2012
Dr. Vorlicky has performed to ACL reconstructions on my my knees. No, he is not Mr. Personality but I didn't hire him to be. He was fantastic when it came to fixing my knees, though. I totally trusted him and the best thing is he is confident in his abilities. I totally trusted him....twice.

April 7th, 2012
comes highly recommended by past patients as well as peers. Seemed very knowledgeable and proficient. Don't know why his ratings don't reflect that.

June 19th, 2011
GREAT JOB!
I appreciate Dr. Vorlicky's matter-of-fact style. I can't believe the people who gave him bad reviews because of questioning their DISABILITY, but I can imagine that they weren't interested in focusing on abilities - and Dr. Vorlicky restored mine after a debilitating injury.I'm glad he doesn't suffer fools, that made room for me in his practice.

January 21st, 2011
GREAT doctor!!!!!!
He has been my doctor for 10 years. He saved my leg after another doctor made a mess on my knee replacement. I can't say enough for the care he and his office staff has given me and to my family

October 4th, 2010
Misdiagnosis
My symptoms got worse after seeing him. His diagnosis was incorrect and his treatment was in direct opposition to what was needed. After months of physical therapy and greatly increased pain I sought a second opinion. Upon viewing my MRI the second Dr. immediately stated Vorlicky's diagnosis was not consistant with my symptoms. She offered a different diagnosis that appears to be correct as the pain is nearly gone TWO DAYS later. Everything he suggested was actually making things worse.

September 11th, 2009
I saw the last review about the person who waited so long and the fact that Dr. Vorlicky came into the exam obviousely eating something. That is exactly what happened to me! I waited an hour to see him, I was brought to a room and waited another 20 minutes. His nurse or assistant came in and said that it would be a few minutes more because Dr. Vorlicky need to go get a snack and something to drink. I could not beleive that she would share that with a patient that has been waiting almost and hour and half!!!!! He, in fact, came in finishing chewing something in his mouth. I should have walked out but I took time off work and needed to get my issue addressed. My time is too valuable and he just lost a patient and any referral I could pass on. I work at a local hospital with lots of physicians and I could not beleive my experience with Dr. Vorlicky. If you have time on your hands make an appointment with him - otherwise find someone else.

November 25th, 2008
Bad doctor!
What a horrible experience! I'll just bullet point my opinion as I could go on forever on why I would never go back to Dr. Vorlicky.** I waited for over an hour just to get in to the examining room.** While I was waiting to get into my appt, 3 other patients checked in for Dr. Vorlicky with appts only 15 minutes after mine. How is the doctor going to get a good understanding of my problem in only 15 minutes? I have had severe neck and back pain for months and he is going to be able to go over my history and diagnosis, not to mention xrays in 15 minutes?** When I asked the receptionist if the doctor was running behind she said he had all his rooms full and that it may take a bit longer to see him but gave me no timeframe of when I would get in. The patients were getting called in one after another for Dr. Vorlicky but no one was coming out. Some of the patients were scheduled after me but somehow were called in before me.** Once I finally got in I had to meet with a series of people before getting to see the doctor (doctor's assistants, x-ray technicians)** After meeting with the assistants and technicians, I sat for another 20 minutes in the room before having the doctor arrive. ** When Dr. Vorlicky arrived it appeared as though he had been eating (he was still chewing when he introduced himself to me). He seemed to be in a rush and looked at my xray for less than a minute and said I had a herniated disk. When I asked him why he thought that he didn't even have an answer for me but told me to get a MRI. When he told me I had a herniated disk there was no explanation on what that meant or how it might have come about. I had to ask him specifically what a herniated disk meant and how people get them. His answer was that there is no specific cause - and that it can just happen even by sneezing hard. He made no attempt to correlate what I do in my day to day life that may have produced this pain (even though we are asked to fill out pages of our health history before the appt). ** He also mentioned that the pain could be muscular as well but really pushed for this MRI even though I had told him I might have hurt my neck and back by working out. ** He did go through some various tests with me though - testing my neck pain I believe by having me move my neck and testing my arm strength. He didn't really explain what it was for.** After he suggested I get an MRI he left the room and another assistant came in to schedule my MRI. I was sitting in the room for another 15 minutes before the assistant came in. All the while I could see the doctor walking down the hall talking to another doctor (shooting the breeze).** After scheduling the MRI I asked the assistant if the doctor was going to return since I didn't get a chance to ask my questions. The assistant responded no and said she could answer any question I had. Her answers were not helpful.** Overall the receptionists were nice but the overall experience was horrible. I will never go back again! No wonder why it was so easy to get an appt at short notice!

January 15th, 2017