Dr. Lorenzo Aguilar Jr MD Patient Reviews

January 27th, 2017
Never met such a rude neurologist...I have been to several and was treated nothing like he treated me..he would not and did not examine me..didnt have a care what i said..just talked about how i cost the government alot of money because i am on Medical ans get SSI...and have too much testing and said he was not gonna test me no more and didd not understand why i was in his office..blamed my symptoms on the medication i was taking even though i tried to explain i experienced the symptoms way before the medication i was given...it is sad that a doctor has to treat his patient so unprofessional and rude..I see people posting he a great doc..and the best..lol not..i was seeing a Dr Porecha whom was the best but he passed so was sent to him...wish i never met him,left his office in tears

July 17th, 2015
listens
due to patients arriving late for appts. the wait can be a bit long. but the Doctor takes the time to explain and listen to you.

March 4th, 2014
Former M.A. for Dr. Aguilar
I recently quit my job with Dr. Aguilar after almost 5 years of loyalty to him and his office. I regret to inform established patients and future patients that if you see this Dr. There is a big chance your care is being delayed. Whether it's a referral that you are waiting on from his office or your visit notes are not making it back to your primary care physicians. The truth is that he has over 1500 incomplete records, myself and several other past employees have attempted to get him on point with quality care. But we can only do so much, I have personally witnessed Dr. Aguilar lie to patients regarding diagnostic procedures that he had either lost or simply did not review. I am pleading with anyone who sees him to make any attempt to get a copy of your records and ensure he is taking your care seriously.

October 10th, 2013
The best!
Dr. Aguilar is a wonderful doctor! He has been invaluable in my treatment, and he has given me a new lease on life. I appreciate him so much. Very thorough, knowledgeable, and patient. Simply the best! I would recommend him to anyone.

July 22nd, 2013
Biller
I suffered a head injury and was referred to see Dr Aguilar by my orthopedist. I was very impressed with the courtesy of the office staff AND how they were able to get me in to be seen quickly and efficiently. They were concerned, considerate and helpful. Dr Aguilar was wonderful. He spent time explaining my condition and was very informative as to how my recovery would progress. I would highly recommend Dr Aguilar and staff for anyone experiencing neurological difficulties.

June 6th, 2013
Doesn't return phone calls, put me on medication and stopped suddenly causing serious withdrawls
I thought Dr Aguliar was a good Doctor. I thought he listened though he kept trying to put me on other drugs and take me off the only pain reliever that I have used and don't abuse. I gave him alot of information while he was testing me for carpul tunnel (positive) He put me on sleeping mediations which the insurance won't refill and a titrated pack of Savella then didn't put in the prescription when I was finished and called his office per his instructions, left a note, called again I am in total withdrawls alot of pain, nauseua, insomnia and at risk of losing my job because both my autoimmune disease and withdrawing suddenly from medications he ordered are being perceived as drug side effects ie narcotic or alcoholisom (I am a recovering alcoholic so I don't drink) I may lose my job yet he knows this and wanted to put me on Methadone really?? I will call again 2nd time today 4 days after last medication. If he doesn't respond again I am better off with Any other doctor. I was honest and forthright with him. What Is His Problem, He did say the gov. doesn't like the drug I take that works and that I have been taking since 1998I was on larger meds and larger dosages previously but I chose to take it down to what I am taking despite tolerance to the medication. I need sleep or my pain increases substantially. I am also dealing with a root canal right now so all of this is worse and he can't respond too busy in 28 hours!!

October 11th, 2012
Horrible front office Lady
I personally feel he is a great Dr. However his receptionist up front is dumber than a bag of hammers. Her phone etiquette and over all knowledge of what ever it is that she thinks she is doing is below adverse. JoAnn is her name and if you deal with her...good luck. The other guy that works there is very intimidating but is as kind as a butterfly.

May 8th, 2012
Staff is horrible
This place really makes me mad! I have called 15 days in a row to talk to the doctor! Not the staff that didn't go to school for what he did!! He didnt take my medical serious and it got really bad. Now I have a 2nd opinion and he found what was wrong! Thanks to the staff my medical got worse! I will never ever recommend this place they do not care or call back!!

April 25th, 2011
Good Dcotor
Very approchable and caring!

March 17th, 2011
Dr. Aguilar is the best Neurologist you will ever find in this area. I came to him from a bad experience with another Neurologist that did not provide adequate medical care. If you want to have an accurate diagnosis, great patient care by both the staff and Dr. Aguilar then he is your doctor.

August 21st, 2010
No help
He was no help what so ever! He acted like I was making it up. I have reports to back it up of what my complaints are!! He didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know. He did spend time with me only to talk about what I had already been told..hence the reason I was in his office.He didn't ask for new test even though my condition has gotten worse since last yr. He kept insinuating that I was a drinker or that I drank alcohol in which I haven't in 20 something years.I know that it is an autoimmune disease but which one??? He didn't order any test and no call back!! If he doesn't know why I have these problems then send me some where else. He was mad that I applied for SSA and said that I wasn't disabled he doesn't even know my history of any thing nor did he want to listen. I have mental that can get me my SSA, I don't need him!! I WENT THERE TO TRY AND FIND WHAT IS THE AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE THAT CAUSES THIS NERVE DAMAGE TO MAYBE PREVENT IT FROM GETTING WORSE,,OR SOMETHING TO HELP THE BURNING NUMBNESS AND ETC...I DIDN'T WANT ANY MEDS I JUST WANT TO FIND OUT WHY I HAVE THE NERVE DAMAGE...MAYBE HE COULDN'T HELP ME BECAUSE OF MY INSURANCE OR HE JUST DIDN'T CARE BECAUSE HE THOUGHT THAT I WAS A DRINKER AND I AM NOT..I JUST WANTED ANSWERS AND HE COULDN'T OR WOULDN'T FIND IT OUT FOR ME. Visiting his office only made me more depressed because he wouldn't find out why for me.He didn't want to either or I would have gotten a call back..Like I said I have test to show that I have nerve damage and other reports. So why didn't he find the cause????? I think that he judged me because I have tattoos instead of listening to me or reading my full reports. Or maybe because I am on Medi-cal who knows but it was like I was in the twilight zone I have all of the reports but going to him was like reading what you read on here of what it could be still with no answers. So I cried all the way home it was a waste of my time and his. Why did he even take me if he was going to treat me that way??? He is a Dr. so I thought.

March 1st, 2010
Best doctor ever!!! I am SOOO happy I have found him!