Dr. Loretta Lawrence MD Patient Reviews

2.2

December 15th, 2016
The worst!
I never write reviews, but this horrible doctor should not be allowed to practice medicine or deal with patients. My husband found a lump above his nipple. The doctor sent him in for a mammogram. He felt so uncomfortable to begin with as a male going in for a mammogram and although the staff was great and comforting. This disgrace of a doctor Lorreta Lawrence made him feel even more embarrassed and uncomfortable with her rude, abrupt and nasty bedside manner. I regret not going to the appt with him so I can tell her exactly what I feel. She made him feel stupid for even coming in. He has a follow up with his doctor on Monday, if there is anything serious, I swear I will file every complaint possible against this horrible woman and I will not stop until she no longer interacts with patients. You are a disgrace to the medical field!

February 29th, 2016
Sheer perfection
Had 2 stereotactic biopsies on my breast with this remarkable human being. Dr Lawrence is very caring, compassionate, and thorough. Her bedside manner throughout each procedure, and thereafter were just unbelievable. I have to have 2 more procedures done, and specifically asked that she do them , only to find out she left the practice. I decided to hold off on my procedures, until I can find where this incredible doctor is now attending, so that I may schedule my next procedures with her. I truly give this doctor MORE than 5 stars!!!!!

December 11th, 2014
Excellent Breast Imaging Doctor
Very polite. Answers all questions. Very patient & knowledgable. Highly recommended.

October 18th, 2014
YOU MUST SEE DR. LORETTA LAWRENCE… do not go anywhere else!
I usually don't post reviews because i tend to think they don't do anything but when i went online to get the phone number of Dr. Lawrence to schedule my next appointment, I was horrified! I couldn't believe the low rating. I felt obligated to write about my positive experiences in her defense. I have been seeing Dr. Lawrence for several years now. Before that I went to Great Neck Radiology and Zwanger Pesiri- talk about awful!!!! Ask anyone at North Shore Hospital and Dr. Lawrence is the woman to see. She is an expert in her field, conservative and overly cautious. Isn't that everything we want when we go for our yearly mammograms? I find it completely disheartening that most of the negative reviews are centered around her "bedside manner". Do you really need your doctor to be your friend? Wouldn't you rather take comfort in the fact that you are in the best hands possible? yes, all doctors, mainly the really good ones, could benefit from a lesson in how to be a little more human and less clinical to their patients. but with healthcare the way it is now, do you blame them? insurance companies are pressuring them to see as many patients as possible so there is really only time for what matters. and Dr. Lawrence does exactly that.. she is serious and focused on giving you the best medical care possible in the little time she has with you. So let her do her job which she is really good at. I would not trust anyone else!!

February 20th, 2014
Horrible bedside manner. She should never be near patients. Nothing good to say about her. Very abrupt. I felt like I was bothering her. Rude, ugly person.

June 4th, 2013
I had a very traumatic experience at this office with dr. Lawrence... She mis-diagnosed me, had me get a unnecessary breast biopsy .. Results. ere normal breast tissue and nearly scared my family and myself half to death!!!! She was abrupt during the exam, not sympathetic at all especially because there are many members in my family who have had and have breast cancer right now!!!!! I would NOT recommend anyone to see her as a patient or for any consults. There should be new laws implemented in this area of expertise regarding such "shoddy" and unprofessionalism. I'm so happy I don't have cancer ( even though it probably put me in depression) and am even happier knowing I NEVER have to see her face or office again!!!!!

March 16th, 2013
horrible experience
I wish I was able to give a no star rating. I had a breast sonogram and after finding some suspicious areas, the tech called in Dr. Lawrence. After waiting what felt like an eternity in a freezing cold room with sonogram gel all over me to make me even colder, she came in didn't even introduce herself and started talking with the tech about me like I wasn't even there. When she was finished, I was crying and she was the nastiest, meanest and least sympathetic person I had ever met. She barely explained anything and told me just come back in 6 months for a biopsy... She couldn't tell either way if it was cancer or not, but I should wait 6 months? When I questioned waiting, she snapped at me that she's been doing this for 30 years and that's her opinion, but I'm entitled to go elsewhere for another opinion.

September 29th, 2011
Dr Lawrence was mean spirited!
I have never had such a negative experience with a doctor. I am a young woman who needed a mammo & sono because of a lump. It's a long story but after completing the diagnostic tests, Dr. Lawrence came in & was very rude to me & very condescending. I wish I had never went there to the Breast Center Imaging at 450 Lakeville Road. I am suppose to go for a biopsy but I want all my records & I am going else where. She is very mean & I am very disappointed in the service.

December 23rd, 2010
Nervous Patient
I found myself fairly well composed going into the biopsy proceedure. However after Dr.Lawrences wrotten bedside manner I became VERY apprehensive.NSLIJ should speak to her about her attitude. She is the only dr. in the NSLIJ Manhasset system that I have experienced so far with such an attitude.The xray technician and nurses were certainly wonderful.Dr. Lawrence should be very thankful she works with such compassionate people. They certainly make up for what she is lacking.Remember Dr. L one day you could be in the same position. How do you want to be treated??????????

March 18th, 2009
dr lawrence has NO bedside manner She was supposed to perform a stereo tactic biopsy on me I was very nervous at the time . I found her to be a cold uncaring dr. as I felt like I was just another patient. Would not recommend her. She also would not do the procedure due to location of area and suggested I go for a surgical biopsy instead.