Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Good for prescriptions  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2013

Dr. Lee-went there because of the good reviews. No issues with staff, office or cleanliness. Waited in COLD waiting room with only a gown on for twenty minutes for doctor. She was good at making sure you have immunizations, (although staff unable to amswer questions about their content) prescriptions and any tests that she can bill the insurance. Did not really listen to my history. Very auto-response. Prescribed a new medication based on blood tests but did not explain results at all. After a week of taking meds, I seemed to be having an adverse reaction to them. Could not move or walk without severe dizziness, nausea and weakness. Called Dr.'s office, unable to speak to Dr. Lee. She called back and left a message saying to stop meds then. I did and symptoms resolved. Still don't know cause of my thyroid problems. Trying to find another primary care physician.

|  BEST doctor I've ever had. Highly recommended!  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2013

Dr. Lee is the most compassionate, caring, thorough, professional doctor I have ever had. She really takes the time to help you with your cares and concerns. It took me a while to find a primary care physician and I was in love with her from day one. She really listens to you and works with you and if there is something she is not sure about, she takes the time to figure it out and/or find the answer. Be ready to schedule an appointment weeks in advance but it is worth the wait. She is an awesome doctor and great person.

|  Dr Lee has phoned me to follow up on how I'm doing!  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Lee for over 10 years and to know that she listens to my concerns, is compassionate is very comforting. Never have to wait more than 5 minutes and she spends ample time with me.

|  Staffing Issues No More - Outstanding Health Care  |  show details
by Mark Williams on Jan 19th, 2013

Just a follow-up on my prior comment a few years back: I've had at least ten appointments with Dr. Lee since my comment on the staff back in 2010 and I have had nothing but positive experiences with the Alaska Family Care Associates staff. Of note, "Julie" and the gang are a pleasure to deal with and are very pro-active and efficient. And Dr.Lee? Well, she's Dr.Lee. Empathetic, compassionate, easy to converse with, focused, - in short, it's easy to see she loves her work - Rare qualities in busy care providers these days.

|  Easy Talk to....  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2012

Very kind & compassionate, easy to talk to. Best doctor I have ever had. :)

|  Wonderful doctor!  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2012

She is easy to talk to, compassionate and very, very knowledgable.

|  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

Dr Lee is caring and very patient with me. I am not the most compliant of patients. She listens, responds and works with me as a partner in my medical care.

|  Worst staff  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2011

Only reason I still go to that clinic and deal with most unprofessional, unfriendly, rude, snobbish staff is because of Dr. Lee.

|  Staff Issues  |  show details
by Mark Williams on Oct 6th, 2010

The admin staff at Alaska Family Medicine is professional and friendly, but does in my opinion, attempt to "practice" medicine when that is really the Dr.'s calling. One person gladly passed on a message to Dr. Lee, then two weeks later I was informed their policy is it not pass on messages to have the Dr. phone a patient. "We don't allow teleconferencing." Also, one person there informed me there was no office fax I could transmit my medical records to - I had to have my wife hand carry them to the Dr.'s office. ALL Dr's offices have faxes. No one on the staff is "on the same sheet of music" - it all depends on to whom you're speaking with on a particular day (or so it seems). Don't know if Dr. Lee is aware of all this, my interaction with the staff is the only negative concerning my care there.

|  Love Doctor Lee, But she needs a new staff!  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2010

She is an amazing doctor! The best I've had in a few years. However, her nurse's and office staff are ride, and try to be the doctor. I will continue seeing Dr. Lee as she is the best, I just wish she would get new staff, or at least explain to them how to be competent!

|  Wonderful  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2010

This has got to be one of the best doctors in Anchorage, as a Type 1 Insulin dependent Diabetic she was great. I plan to stay with her as long as I'm in the area.

|  Very Caring, Attentive, Compassionate  |  show details
by M. Williams on Mar 29th, 2010

Dr. Lee is my wife's personal care provider concerning all health matters. I have visited her several times and feel she is among the finest physicians I've been treated by in the past 20 years.

|  A caring and dedicated doctor  |  show details
by new patient on Apr 16th, 2009

I went to Dr.Loretta Lee for a second opinion and also to establish my self as a new patient. Her soft spoken manner, ability to ask a questions and listen to the patent's answer was very comforting. She actually sit's down and just talks before doing a physical exam.She is an example of an excellent doctor. She recognized my discomforts and right away made phone calls, before I left her office, and got me in with a surgeon within 2 days.I do not usually do online reviews, but I had seen she had one good review prior to my visit and now I realize the importance of telling the truth about the doctors we see.I highly recommend Dr Lee as doctor.

|  Very Kind compassionate Doctor  |  show details
by Jean Kelley on Nov 4th, 2008

I finally found Dr. Lee in 2006 and really enjoyed having her as my physician until we moved from Alaska in 2008. She is kind and compassionate and concerned about her patients.