Dr. Loretta Lee MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 3rd, 2016
She has been my doctor for years and I've never been disappointed at a visit from her or her polite staff.

October 27th, 2015
Excellent family doctor
I really liked Dr. Lee. Unfortunately a specialist I went to demanded all my business, so I had to move to another doctor. If I could, I would move back tomorrow.

September 26th, 2013
Good for prescriptions
Dr. Lee-went there because of the good reviews. No issues with staff, office or cleanliness. Waited in COLD waiting room with only a gown on for twenty minutes for doctor. She was good at making sure you have immunizations, (although staff unable to amswer questions about their content) prescriptions and any tests that she can bill the insurance. Did not really listen to my history. Very auto-response. Prescribed a new medication based on blood tests but did not explain results at all. After a week of taking meds, I seemed to be having an adverse reaction to them. Could not move or walk without severe dizziness, nausea and weakness. Called Dr.'s office, unable to speak to Dr. Lee. She called back and left a message saying to stop meds then. I did and symptoms resolved. Still don't know cause of my thyroid problems. Trying to find another primary care physician.

July 24th, 2013
BEST doctor I've ever had. Highly recommended!
Dr. Lee is the most compassionate, caring, thorough, professional doctor I have ever had. She really takes the time to help you with your cares and concerns. It took me a while to find a primary care physician and I was in love with her from day one. She really listens to you and works with you and if there is something she is not sure about, she takes the time to figure it out and/or find the answer. Be ready to schedule an appointment weeks in advance but it is worth the wait. She is an awesome doctor and great person.

April 24th, 2013
Dr Lee has phoned me to follow up on how I'm doing!
I have been a patient of Dr. Lee for over 10 years and to know that she listens to my concerns, is compassionate is very comforting. Never have to wait more than 5 minutes and she spends ample time with me.

January 19th, 2013
Staffing Issues No More - Outstanding Health Care
Just a follow-up on my prior comment a few years back: I've had at least ten appointments with Dr. Lee since my comment on the staff back in 2010 and I have had nothing but positive experiences with the Alaska Family Care Associates staff. Of note, "Julie" and the gang are a pleasure to deal with and are very pro-active and efficient. And Dr.Lee? Well, she's Dr.Lee. Empathetic, compassionate, easy to converse with, focused, - in short, it's easy to see she loves her work - Rare qualities in busy care providers these days.

March 8th, 2012
Easy Talk to....
Very kind & compassionate, easy to talk to. Best doctor I have ever had. :)

January 19th, 2012
Wonderful doctor!
She is easy to talk to, compassionate and very, very knowledgable.

August 29th, 2011
Dr Lee is caring and very patient with me. I am not the most compliant of patients. She listens, responds and works with me as a partner in my medical care.

March 21st, 2011
Worst staff
Only reason I still go to that clinic and deal with most unprofessional, unfriendly, rude, snobbish staff is because of Dr. Lee.

October 6th, 2010
Staff Issues
The admin staff at Alaska Family Medicine is professional and friendly, but does in my opinion, attempt to "practice" medicine when that is really the Dr.'s calling. One person gladly passed on a message to Dr. Lee, then two weeks later I was informed their policy is it not pass on messages to have the Dr. phone a patient. "We don't allow teleconferencing." Also, one person there informed me there was no office fax I could transmit my medical records to - I had to have my wife hand carry them to the Dr.'s office. ALL Dr's offices have faxes. No one on the staff is "on the same sheet of music" - it all depends on to whom you're speaking with on a particular day (or so it seems). Don't know if Dr. Lee is aware of all this, my interaction with the staff is the only negative concerning my care there.

August 17th, 2010
Love Doctor Lee, But she needs a new staff!
She is an amazing doctor! The best I've had in a few years. However, her nurse's and office staff are ride, and try to be the doctor. I will continue seeing Dr. Lee as she is the best, I just wish she would get new staff, or at least explain to them how to be competent!