Obstetricians & Gynecologists
3131 S Tamiami Trl
Ste 202
Sarasota, FL 34239
941-953-5340
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Very disappointed with this practice  |  show details
May 10th, 2014

I was a new patient to the practice. I had my annual exam and found Dr Abrams to be thorough and knowledgeable. I was given orders for further testing which I completed and then waited for over two months for the nurses to follow up with results. In the interim, I received a letter that I had missed an appointment. I did not schedule this nor did I receive a reminder. I currently have an order for lab work related to tests however I just received a certified letter discharging me from the practice. The office explained I was discharged for an unpaid missed appointment fee. I explained that I never received a bill or statement for this and that I am in the process of getting lab work. Apparently, they are not concerned about any of this since there is a missed appointment fee. I offered to pay but they have sent it to collections! I have never been treated so poorly by a medical provider. Extremely disappointed.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Rachel on Oct 13th, 2013

I usually see the nurse practitioner for my annual exam, but I had to see Dr. Abrams for a surgical consult. She is extremely thorough and addressed my needs quickly but without unneeded worry. Turned out my condition was much worse than initially thought after tests and she was quick to schedule my surgery. Her bedside manner was wonderful both the day of surgery and in the office visits before and after. She explained everything really well and answered all my questions. The only problem I ever experienced is you end up waiting in the exam room for about 10 minutes before she comes in. As far as the aesthetic services offered, they are all over the waiting and exam rooms as advertising. However, they are not pushed by Dr. Abrams and she isn't even the one who administers them, she simply has an licensed esthetician on staff.

|  Wonderful doctor  |  show details
by Joan on Aug 3rd, 2013

Dr. Abrams is a wonderful caring and knowledgeable physician. She does do cosmetic procedures but does not push it. She has never even suggested any of these for me to try. She follows up with problems promptly. Her office staff is first rate; courteous, efficient and friendly.

|  Rude office staff - Not Patient Advocates  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2013

Scheduled new patient appt. due to an issue. I was requested to arrive 15 minutes early to complete the paperwork or visit their website. I completed the forms prior to my visit. On the day of the appt. there were strong storms and an accident on I75. Therefore, I was not there 15 minutes early; I arrived exactly at my scheduled time. I stood patiently in line several minutes while they explained to an older woman they would not accept her Gov't health coverage. When I approached the window I was given a strange look, the receptionist left and came back with the office manager to tell me I needed to reschedule (it was now just 5 minutes past my scheduled time)! They insisted I was 20 minutes late as I should arrive 15 minutes early. REALLY? I just drove for an hour, in the rain, through an accident, I have a health issue! The office had more advertisements for Botox than Health conditions. Perhaps my medical condition is not as significant or profitable as a dropping forehead!

|  does not listen  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

She likes to do ultrasounds when unnecessary. Consulted other doctors who could not understand why she insisted on repeated ultrasounds for a common condition. Of course, she has to pay for her machine. When questioning her, she was obstinate. She tries to sell cosmetic treatments. Very commercially oriented. She does not see patient's needs as part of treatment.

|  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

I adore Dr. Lori Abrams! She has a gentle, kind, pleasant way about her. However, more importantly she knows what she is doing. I put all my faith an trust in her, and I highly recommend her to any woman who needs her services.

|  A Rare Breed  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2009

Dr. Abrams is the best physician I have ever encountered. She is smart,educated,kind and direct. Dr. Abrams is the Dr. that all of us look for and hope for, and so rarely find. She leads a professional staff that follow in her excellence. Her diagnostic skills are keen and yet she will call in a consult if necessary, even when not asked for, just to make it all, even better. When i was ill, I was asked why I was staying in Florida for care. My answer is obviously in this review..because of Dr.Abrams. I am really well now!