Dr. Lori Hemmelgarn MD Patient Reviews

• Bad

February 8th, 2017
rude

February 12th, 2014
Bad bedside manner. Not sensitive to mothers with losses and appears bothered with after hour calls. Discourages patients from calling the on-call doctor and threatens them the on-call doctor would operate based on lack of patient history. Not knowledgeable about prescribed drugs and tells patient to read the pharmacy slip. Nurses take a long time to respond to phone messages.

September 6th, 2013
Dr. Hemmelgarn has been my ob/gyn for 12 years. She has delivered a baby for me, performed a tubal and an ablation. There has never been a time when she was rude or short with me. I would recommend her to friends and family and have in the past. Her staff is very nice and knowledgeable as well.

July 4th, 2012
I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE!!!
Dr. Hemmelgarn has the worst bedside manners that I have ever seen. She doesn't listen when you try to tell her things & interupts you. She is very rude & doesn't treat her staff with respect either. If she is having a bad day then she takes it out on the staff or her patients. I haven't heard very good things from other people that have seen her too. Dr Hemmelgarns nurse is not friendly either & NEVER returns your calls.

March 24th, 2012
Avoid like the plague!
Bottom line: I was told I asked too many questions. Are you kidding me?Dr H will explain things to you bluntly and in depth. She'll also talk right over you and isn't the most compassionate. The office staff is caring but didn't follow up as they promised they would. The receptionist is somewhat inept in scheduling appointments, including ensuring the doctor is actually there. Yes, really - I drove ten miles out of my way only to have to do it again the next day when the doctor was in the office. I argued with the receptionist every time I called about the details of visits, including what medication I was on and my name. I was told that a rarer side effect to a medication was not due to the medication, but received no coherent explanation of what it might be instead (my current doctor confirmed that it was indeed a side effect). When I pushed the issue, I was first told that it might be the flu, even though I was very clearly not ill with any flu symptoms. Then I was told that I asked too many questions. At that point, I cancelled all future appointments.

April 28th, 2011
Excellent Doctor
I had a lot of problems getting diagnosed because of doctors not caring enough, but Ms. Hemmelgarn did every test possible to try to figure out what was wrong with me on my first visit! I'm so happy to have found a smart, friendly caring doctor :) hopefully my future visits will be just as pleasant.

November 21st, 2010
GREAT DOC
I would highly recommend Dr. Hemmelgarn, She is a no nonsense doctor that knows what she is doing. her bedside manner was ok with me. but I didn't complain much during my pregnancy, she did listen to my concerns, and answered all my questions. She was awesome at the delivery of my son and her office staff is great also.

January 18th, 2010
Would not recommend this doctor...ever! If you are looking for physician who truly cares about you and who will show it...Don't waste your time seeing Dr. Hemmelgarn!!!!!

November 20th, 2009
Dr Hemmelgarn is an experienced physician
She delivered all 3 of my children and I recommend her care to anyone that's high risk over the age of 35. She's an excellent physician and assessed my condition and took care of me. Her staff gave me the personal touch that I needed and I really appreciated all of them.